+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anyone can help!! i checked the rules in CIC website it doesn't mentioned self employee or work for employer. i am mental health counselor and its nature of this job to be self employee. can i apply for my wife SOWP while i am applying for my PGWP?
If your spouse has an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit), you must attach a copy of your spouse’s work permit to your application for an open work permit, along with:

• a letter from your spouse’s current employer that confirms they work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your spouse’s employment offer or contract, and
  • a copy of your spouse’s recent pay slips

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi all,
Wanted to know. Once my application for work permit is approved, will i be asked to submit my passport to Embassy or to VFS office for stamping?

Thanks,

V!D$

Jun 3, 2019
Hello all,
I have question regarding to extension SOWP. I have already applied PGWP and now I wanted to do extension my spouse open work permit.
I know principle applicant have NOC O,A or B category job and require 3 pay stubs. My question is if I had a job in NOC B after completing my study and 3 pay stubs then am I eligible even the job is no more exist?

Thanks you all for your time!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,
I have question regarding to extension SOWP. I have already applied PGWP and now I wanted to do extension my spouse open work permit.
I know principle applicant have NOC O,A or B category job and require 3 pay stubs. My question is if I had a job in NOC B after completing my study and 3 pay stubs then am I eligible even the job is no more exist?

Thanks you all for your time!
You should still be employed in NOC 0, A or B if applying for SOWP.

pepo42

Jun 10, 2020
Hello,
My friend got his PGWP 4 years ago after being graduated. After that he returned back to his country and applied for extending his spouse OWP without having a job offer. His spouse receveied her OWP. He said that he only submitted a bank statement from his country which showed that he had no financial problem. Is anyone have the same situation? I just graduated, I got my PGWP and I have no job offer. My spouse WP is going to be expired after one month. I want to extend my spouse OWP to stay with me and take care of my Canadian baby. any advice?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,
My friend got his PGWP 4 years ago after being graduated. After that he returned back to his country and applied for extending his spouse OWP without having a job offer. His spouse receveied her OWP. He said that he only submitted a bank statement from his country which showed that he had no financial problem. Is anyone have the same situation? I just graduated, I got my PGWP and I have no job offer. My spouse WP is going to be expired after one month. I want to extend my spouse OWP to stay with me and take care of my Canadian baby. any advice?
1. If you don't have a job, then she can only apply for extension as a visitor (can't work)

bharathrv619

Jan 2, 2019
You may have submitted the wrong forms. In that case they will refund your fees as well. Carefully check the forms and reapply.
The reason for rejection is because I applied it 5 months before expiry. I had called IRCC to confirm and they said it needs to be applied at least 60 or 30 days before expiry of Work permit.

Thanks

sorooshk59

Jan 23, 2020
hello, i am graduating soon and i have plan to apply for my pgwp and to renew my wife`s open work permit. i have job offer from university`s researcher to be part of research team with contract and monthly pay ( as a part time research team). is it enough for meeting the requirement for my wife`s permit. this is not a permanent job and its for 6 to 12 month. i appreciate for any advise in advance.
best,

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
Hii please advice me.. my wife’s study will end 30 October 2020 and Study permit will expire on 31 January 2021
Should i apply spouse Open Work Permit now ???? Or what i do now?
Thanks advance

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Did anyone apply for spouse open work permit from India recently? How long is it taking for getting approval? In the portal, it shows 15 weeks currently!!

apatelif

Oct 10, 2019
Did anyone apply for spouse open work permit from India recently? How long is it taking for getting approval? In the portal, it shows 15 weeks currently!!
looks like they started working DELHI office, my wife's visa just got approved last week and passport dispatched today. ( paper based application received at Delhi office on 17th feb )

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
looks like they started working DELHI office, my wife's visa just got approved last week and passport dispatched today. ( paper based application received at Delhi office on 17th feb )
Hi, congratulations!! Great to hear that her application got approved. Wanted to know was the passport stamped before returning... Or was it just returned without stamped?
Thanks