+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I applied for my wife's open work permit based on my work permit. We applied for it on July 7, 2019& it got approved yesterday(Nov 12,2019). However, the validity of the work permit is exactly 1 year less than mine. Mine is valid until 31-May-2021 while her's is valid till 31-May-2020. Could this be a typo from VO's end or is this the actual process? - Friends -> Need your input here please.

In Parallel, I have also raised a webform quoting the same alongwith the necessary documents.

Also, since I applied inland, there was no PPR & I could see the document number appearing on her application - How do I get Work Permit Record document for her.

Thanks in advance.
Hard to know if it is an error or there were some sort of concern so they gave her a shorter visa. You did the best thing by submitting a webform question asking about the discrepancy. I am guessing it may be an error,

Reactions: arun_canpr

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, sorry for out of sudden question.

I have SOWP and my wife is applying for PGWP. My work permit remarks say I can only work while she is fulltime student.
Can I keep working in the same place while she changes her status from student to worker? As soon as she get the work permit, we will extend mine (with her 3payslips and etc).
My permit still valid, except for this remark.
I heard its ok to keep working, anyone in same situation?

Thx
You can work until your SOWP expires. Once she has PGWP and 3 work permits you can apply for your SOWP or you can include your SOWP application with PGWP if she is already working and has the 3 pay slips.

Reactions: Davidaf

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Hard to know if it is an error or there were some sort of concern so they gave her a shorter visa. You did the best thing by submitting a webform question asking about the discrepancy. I am guessing it may be an error,
She already has visitor record for the same length as mine.

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
I received notification that the details shared on webform has been sent to the respective office. I did give a call to IRCC to check back on the same as well as timelines. The nice agent on the other side, did acknowledge the error & told it has been passed on to the VO & would get back in 30 days. Hopefully we get the desired result. Fingers crossed!

sushantg

Oct 11, 2016
Hi guys, sorry for out of sudden question.

I have SOWP and my wife is applying for PGWP. My work permit remarks say I can only work while she is fulltime student.
Can I keep working in the same place while she changes her status from student to worker? As soon as she get the work permit, we will extend mine (with her 3payslips and etc).
My permit still valid, except for this remark.
I heard its ok to keep working, anyone in same situation?

Thx
Hi,
following the same question, is TRV associated with the SOWP valid till its expiry? The reason I asked because my wife who is on SOWP will be travelling to back home for some function in 2 months, her SOWP was done when I was a student, and I am now holding PGWP and her work visa will take time that's why I am not applying for her visa until she comes back. ANy help??

iramanjohal

Oct 8, 2018
hi,

I applied my visa on
24th august
28th Bio metrics done
18th October i got interview request
20th November went for interview and same day i got my medical request
27th November medical done

can anyone tell about the next step please and my visa chances ?

iramanjohal

Oct 8, 2018
hi,

I applied my visa on
24th august
28th Bio metrics done
18th October i got interview request
20th November went for interview and same day i got my medical request
27th November medical done

can anyone tell about the next step please and my visa chances ?
Applied for open work permit....