+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

WaytoNS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Dear Experts,

I have been endorse and I am applying for work permit under AIPP program. I just want to ask that can I add my spouse also at the same time I apply for work permit. If yes, what forms do I need to fill up...

Jinnys123

Nov 21, 2019
Hello, my spouse is a full time student at the university in canada, I was a student and applied for my pgwp but got refused because I did not submit my original transcript, but In the letter, then said I have 90 days to restore my status (I owe fees from my last semester that why)

CAN I RESTORE MY STATUS TO SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT RATHER THAN RESTORE TO VISITOR AND THEN APPLY,

2ND WHEN I ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT GET YOU YO YOUR PERSONALISED DOCUMENT CHECKLIST IF I PICK STUDENT, IT TAKES ME TO PGWP BUT IF I PICK VISITOR FOR CURRENT IMMIGRATION STATUS IT TAKES ME TO OPEN WORK PERMIT,

NOW I HAVR CALLED CIC AND THEY SAID SINCE I AM OUT OF STATUS I SHOULD PICK VISITOR AND WRITE AND EXPLANATION LETTER

3RDLY, I PLAN ON SUBMITTING MY SPOUSE RECENT ENROLLMENT LETTER,
MY SPOUSE STUDY PERMIT
OUR STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMON LAW, NOTORIZED,
OUR LEASE AGREEMENT IN OUR NAME FOR 1.9 YEARS
MY DIGITAL PHOTO
MY PASSPORT DATA PAGE

PLEASE I NEED YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE...

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
We applied SOWP for my wife from Nepal (processing in India).

16 Sep - Submitted paper application including biometrics from VFS Nepal
20 Sep - Received alert from VFS that the application has been delivered and is processing
27 Sep - I linked the paper application online
1 Nov - Received request to do medical exams
4 Nov - Submitted medical report
7 Nov - Status for medical changed to approved
11 Nov - Received correspondence about biometrics

No updates after that. It has been over 5 weeks since Medical request and 4 weeks after correspondence of biometric. We sent a webform about the application on Nov 20. No replies. We don't know what to expect.

We are hopeful about approval since we have received medical and biometric correspondence, but the unusual delay is causing us doubt. Has anyone experienced such delays or knows what it means?

Shakeel 34101

Sep 24, 2019
Dear All,

I am working in BANK as “Manager Centralized Clearing Unit” in Pakistan since 2005. I have lot of experience in banking. I have already visited UK five time on visitor visa & three time in Spain last five years, Now I have multiple Standard Visitor Visa of UK & valid till 2022. I am married & have four kids.
I have some property witch is mortgage with bank & earing rent. My salary is 60k. I have planned that visit again UK in next year April 15 to 22 & Canada 23 to 30 for tourism purpose. I have saving account with 11000 Canadian dollars. I will visit alone
Can any chance for get Canada visit visa. Please advise.

Regards,

Shakeel Ahmad

jithilseb1

Aug 31, 2019
India
Category........
Guys please advise me i am too much worried

I have submitted online and got medical request by Nov and medical was updated on profile by Nov 17th.Till now i didnt get a PPR and my agent is saying normal time scale to get PPR is 2 weeks after medical.I am confused and tensed.

jithilseb1

Aug 31, 2019
India
Category........

20 Sep - Received alert from VFS that the application has been delivered and is processing

No updates after that. It has been over 5 weeks since Medical request and 4 weeks after correspondence of biometric. We sent a webform about the application on Nov 20. No replies. We don't know what to expect.

We are hopeful about approval since we have received medical and biometric correspondence, but the unusual delay is causing us doubt. Has anyone experienced such delays or knows what it means?
Bro i am facing same issue my medical was updated on Nov 17th 3 weeks passed u til now no update.i sent a webform today.

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Bro i am facing same issue my medical was updated on Nov 17th 3 weeks passed u til now no update.i sent a webform today.
I am guessing they have put a lot of their resources towards student visa since the processing time for that is unusually low right now. Hoping we get the result within this week. Fingers crossed.

Azmi

May 18, 2019

Hi dear
We are currently living in Dubai.last year our application got refused due to financial and my husband’s work permit about to expire at that time.
This time my husband got new work permit and we supposed to reapply.
My question is :can we apply through paper base application in our home country Srilanka or we have to apply where we currently resident.
Because dubai takes 40 weeks for prosessing time.
5 weeks in Srilanka.please waiting for your reply
Thank you

Azmi

May 18, 2019
I applied sowp for my husband in india.n it got refused based on 200 (1) subsection for personal assets and financial status..does anyone got this reason in their sowp? Plz advise
Hi dear
Yes we got the same reason.
We are trying to reapply from our home country Srilanka.
Last time we applied from abudhabi.uae take 40 week. Such a long period.
I’m not yet sure can we apply from Srilanka while we r resident in Dubai.

sp1989

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, I applied for my wife's Open Work Permit from India online.
Nov 19 - applied
Dec 2 - medical request
Dec 6 - biometrics request
Dec 12 - passport request
Dec 17 - status change to application approved.

As shown the processing time 5 weeks on website.
This was done in 4 weeks.

Hope your all files get done faster guys.

Reactions: StudyMaster