+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Harsh Golwala

Jun 10, 2019
SOWP(spouse open work permit)
Submitted my online application 26th June, 2019 with upfront medical.
BIL received 26th June.
Biometrics Done 28th June.
How much time it will take to get Biometrics correspondence acknowledgement/letter.
Hi, I applied for my wife on June 12, Biometrics done on 18th June. Since then no updates.
Please let me know if your status change.

Arch94

Jun 29, 2019
Hi Guys ,
Last thrusday , my work permit application was approved and the agent told me it was sent out the same day. I received the approval email next day. Since its been a week and I still hadn't received it , I made a call to the IRCC asking the status and to my suprise they told me the application is still in process and it hasnt been sent out yet but I received the approval email already . Any idea what may be going on here ?
I sincerely hope it's a system error and that the application doesn't get refused / delayed further.
I already have sent the approval document to my employer and advised them that I will receive my document in the coming weeks.
Please let me know if any of you have had the same experience before.!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys ,
Last thrusday , my work permit application was approved and the agent told me it was sent out the same day. I received the approval email next day. Since its been a week and I still hadn't received it , I made a call to the IRCC asking the status and to my suprise they told me the application is still in process and it hasnt been sent out yet but I received the approval email already . Any idea what may be going on here ?
I sincerely hope it's a system error and that the application doesn't get refused / delayed further.
I already have sent the approval document to my employer and advised them that I will receive my document in the coming weeks.
Please let me know if any of you have had the same experience before.!
Are you getting the emails from your consultant or directly from IRCC. U fortunately there are some consultants that send fake documents to their clients. How did you get this job?

Arch94

Jun 29, 2019
Are you getting the emails from your consultant or directly from IRCC. U fortunately there are some consultants that send fake documents to their clients. How did you get this job?
Hey,
Emails directly from IRCC. I'm residing in canada and I went to an in person interview so yes, the job is legit. I'm supposed to join in a few weeks and I need to submit my work permit and since I got thr approval email - I sent it to the company.
I got the approval email directly from IRCC last thrusday.
I believe it must be an error from the call centre agent side?

HARMAN*NIVJOT

Jul 5, 2019
i am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the irpr based on the purpose of your visit please explain this rejection mean

Mahnoor

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Hi all,

I am writing to you to seek an update on my study permit application. I have submitted my application on April 26, 2019 to VFS global (Pakistan). The application reached to IRCC office on April 30, 2019. I submitted medical on request of IRCC on May 31, 2019. I have no updates after that...

My husband (Dependent) application was submitted via mail on the same day - April 26, 2019. I have not yet received any update on his open work permit application/ no medical request until now. Its already 8 weeks now. Are there chances of rejection? The CIC website shows 9 weeks for processing work permit application. Please suggests next steps?

Its a paper based application. Anybody else from Pakistan here? I have to join program in Sept, 19

Thanks.
Did you got any update on open work permit?

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello everybody. I applied for a PGWP on June 7 and still waiting for my result. I am looking for a job will apply to extend my spouse's OWP after I got my 3 payslips. I was wondering if there are any rules about the payslips. My husband's work permit will expire at the end of the Agust and I was wondering if they accept weekly payslips or they have to be biweekly? I have 2 job interviews this week and I will discuss the payment options with the employer according to that. Thank you and good luck to you all

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everybody. I applied for a PGWP on June 7 and still waiting for my result. I am looking for a job will apply to extend my spouse's OWP after I got my 3 payslips. I was wondering if there are any rules about the payslips. My husband's work permit will expire at the end of the Agust and I was wondering if they accept weekly payslips or they have to be biweekly? I have 2 job interviews this week and I will discuss the payment options with the employer according to that. Thank you and good luck to you all
Employers usually have fixed pay schedules that they won’t alter for you. You can expect biweekly is pretty standard across Canada especially in skilled work.

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Employers usually have fixed pay schedules that they won’t alter for you. You can expect biweekly is pretty standard across Canada especially in skilled work.
Thank you for your reply. I had 2 skilled job interviews this Friday and they both accepted to alter their pay schedules for me. However. I am not sure if a weekly pay schedule is OK to apply for a SOPW or it has to be biweekly as it is the standard payment schedule across Canada

hira13

Feb 21, 2019
I applied paper based on 8 May on 27 May medical passed but till then it is showing background checking. From pakistan processing time was 9 weeks but last week my 9 weeks got finished and now processing time is 13 weeks.. still no update on application

i_sanjana

Sep 14, 2016
I am a PR of Canada, and recently got married and in India currently. I want to sponsor my husband under the spousal sponsorship program. As i read online, my husband can accompany me back on a visitor visa and apply for an open work permit, while we also file his sponsorship application from Canada itself. Wanted to confirm if this is true and has someone also experienced the same scenario? Please help.