+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

GuptaNe

Jul 2, 2019
Please provide your valuable inputs on till what date the work permit applications have been processed who have applied from within Canada and whether it’s paper based or online

Arch94

Jun 29, 2019
Please provide your valuable inputs on till what date the work permit applications have been processed who have applied from within Canada and whether it’s paper based or online
Hi,
I applied (paper based appln) on April 5, 2019. My application was approved today - July 4 ,2019 - Processing time took about 91 days.

SP920K

Jul 3, 2019
Is there any way to check my application status by UCI or Application Number.? Without signing in details of CIC account.

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
LAWYER IS IN CANADA and i am in India.
Online application
The Applications goes to agencies as per resident address. Canada Government can not move your data outside "any" country as per privacy in security regulations. Mainly because of GDPR. Even if the regulation is only for European Citizens, IRCC would treat everyone the same way. Does not matter from "where"(Which place you logged in or IRCC website, and applied) it will go to applicant's resident's country.

If the applicant's address is in India, the application would go to India.

=========

Is there any way to check my application status by UCI or Application Number.? Without signing in details of CIC account.
You can call IRCC and get status update via Application Number. However, it has to be applicant him/herself or the representative, if a representative is calling their name must be added on the application at the time of submission.
Also, Lawyers can fill up the Web-Form with your consent and create a new representative. Though not fully aware about this process, but the lawyer must know.

SP920K

Jul 3, 2019
Call
The Applications goes to agencies as per resident address. Canada Government can not move your data outside "any" country as per privacy in security regulations. Mainly because of GDPR. Even if the regulation is only for European Citizens, IRCC would treat everyone the same way. Does not matter from "where"(Which place you logged in or IRCC website, and applied) it will go to applicant's resident's country.

=========

You can call IRCC and get status update via Application Number. However, it has to be applicant him/herself or the representative, if a representative is calling their name must be added on the application at the time of submission.
Also, Lawyers can fill up the Web-Form with your consent and create a new representative. Though not fully aware about this process, but the lawyer must know.[/QUOTE

=========

Also, Lawyers can fill up the Web-Form with your consent and create a new representative. Though not fully aware about this process, but the lawyer must know.
I called them.
They said. They cnt do tht

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
Call

I called them.
They said. They cnt do tht
When my wife called Delhi IRCC number they said "it is processed by IRCC, we do not have any update on this."

So looks like every number/contact details(for India) on IRCC website is of some 3rd party. There is no direct contact for IRCC. You can fill up the Web-Form though. You do not need to sign in to web site to fill this up. But you must have application number.

Last edited:

SP920K

Jul 3, 2019
When my wife called Delhi IRCC number they said "it is processed by IRCC, we do not have any update on this."

So looks like every number/contact details(for India) on IRCC website is of some 3rd party. There is no direct contact for IRCC. You can fill up the Web-Form though. You do not need to sign in to web site to fill this up. But you must have application number.
Yea.. but i guess its good to wait.
Date of application is 26th jun and bio 28th.... and processing time is 5 weeks.

Mani26

May 28, 2019
I applied on 18 April 2019 and yesterday my passport dispatched from delhi without medical. I did not get any mail regarding decision.

Mani26

May 28, 2019
My wife study permit is valid till march 30 so is it possible that i can get 6 months visa or may be rejection?

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi all,

I am writing to you to seek an update on my study permit application. I have submitted my application on April 26, 2019 to VFS global (Pakistan). The application reached to IRCC office on April 30, 2019. I submitted medical on request of IRCC on May 31, 2019. I have no updates after that...

My husband (Dependent) application was submitted via mail on the same day - April 26, 2019. I have not yet received any update on his open work permit application/ no medical request until now. Its already 8 weeks now. Are there chances of rejection? The CIC website shows 9 weeks for processing work permit application. Please suggests next steps?

Its a paper based application. Anybody else from Pakistan here? I have to join program in Sept, 19

Thanks.
if you got medical call, almost there are 100% chances your husband gonna get the medical call as well. SOWP takes more time then SP application good luck !