+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
Hello

I am permanent residence of canada and i just got married in september 2018.Now i am applying for my Spouse open work permit.
My question is do i apply for Spousal PR file first or Open work permit first?
Which one is faster and recommended first?

Thanks
Just apply for Spousal PR file. You do not need open work permit at all.

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have applied for open work permit with my wife's study permit via vfs and her visa got approved and mine is still in progress...as she is in canada now...can i upload her study permit and university enrollment letter via webform
Do not upload anything unless asked for. VO already has all that information with them. They have record of documents issued by them.

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
Hi All,

I am in a big dilemma right now. My wife is studying MBA in Canada and I went along with her on 5th September . I then applied for the open work permit application on 8th September from within Canada
as I thought of staying with her till my application was approved and then come back to India and give resignation,serve notice period in my current company and then go back.
I have a multiple entry tourist Visa. But somehow my company did not allow me to work remotely so I have to come back to India on 21st September.Now here are my doubts:
1)What happens if my application for OWP is approved wile I am in India?As I have to submit my passport,can I travel back to Canada on tourist visa and submit my passport?Am I allowed to do that?
2)Will I be denied entry if I follow 1?
3)Can my application be rejected as I left Canada during the process?

What should be the best thing for me to do?
You can return to Canada on tourist visa and submit your passport.
No they will not deny entry to you.
No your application won't be rejected.

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
Hi All,

I have applied for spouse open work permit with my wife's study application on July 11th ( Offline)...My wife's visa was approved on August 13th and my status still shows In progress....My medicals are passed and no additional documents are also required
Did you get SOWP finally??

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
I'm planning to do my masters in Canada sept 2018. Can I apply for Student visa and a dependent open work permit visa for my spouse together?
My consultant said, I should apply and get my student visa first and then after a semester I have to apply for SOWP and bring my wife into canada.
I have a 1 years old baby too.

What is the chance of rejection when I apply after my first semester. ?

Please give me some idea about it.
Do not worry or wait for term or anything. Just apply as you get your student visa.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Anybody got update recently? Applied on Sep 13 from Canada for my wife in India. Review started on Nov 14 and then no updates (

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
Anybody got update recently? Applied on Sep 13 from Canada for my wife in India. Review started on Nov 14 and then no updates (
I am in same situation. Applied on Sep 16 online, Delhi India. Medical status is "passed". Review has started. Waiting for decision.

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I'm holding a PGWP and having fulltime job as NOC A. I'm going to apply work permit for my wife and study permit for my children. They aren't Canada resident. Could you please help to show me how to process? I read through CIC but I only found that my wife is eligible to apply C41 without any further information. I appreciate your help.

Oct 29, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I'm holding a PGWP and having fulltime job as NOC A. I'm going to apply work permit for my wife and study permit for my children. They aren't Canada resident. Could you please help to show me how to process? I read through CIC but I only found that my wife is eligible to apply C41 without any further information. I appreciate your help.
Watch it :

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey guys,
What are the documents a spouse need if he/she are in Canada on visitor visa and want to apply for SOWP? how much money spouse have to show in then bank account ? Is it okay if the money is in Indian account ? Can a visitor open a bank account and show money here in Canada? And do they ask for medical and biometrics if spouse is in canada on visitor visa?

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hello,
Looking for help in the SOWP application process..

I am currently in Canada on a ICT WP (LMIA Exempt) and my wife is on a Visitor Record. I am looking to put in her application for an OWP and have the following questions.

1. Once approved, does she have to leave Canada and re-enter. If so, should I also apply to change her visa type?
2. For future travels and reentry is a different visa required?
3. Optional Documents:
  • Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) : What is this for?
  • Form: Client Information: What should be provided here? What is a "Letter of Explanation"
I am a little confused because the document checklist does not ask for Educational transcripts, Proof of funds etc.

Thanks in advance.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
My status has changed to Application/Profile updated for once when i logged in and changed back to submitted. Im expecting Medical for my wife soon..

Keytruhbee

Dec 2, 2018
Hi can someone help me please.. i applied from outside of canada for a study visa and work permit for my husband the study visa processing time is 2 weeks and it is way passed that time.. the work permit processing time is 9 weeks and that time hasnt passed yet.. is it possible that i can get a study permit approval before work permit approval for my husband because school begins january 7th and i appplied from early november.. or it that i have to wait until work permit approval to get my study permit approval! Please help!