+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi can someone help me please.. i applied from outside of canada for a study visa and work permit for my husband the study visa processing time is 2 weeks and it is way passed that time.. the work permit processing time is 9 weeks and that time hasnt passed yet.. is it possible that i can get a study permit approval before work permit approval for my husband because school begins january 7th and i appplied from early november.. or it that i have to wait until work permit approval to get my study permit approval! Please help!
These are only estimated times. I could take much longer to get a response.

Keytruhbee

Dec 2, 2018
These are only estimated times. I could take much longer to get a response.
So it possible i can get my study permit approval before my spouse work permit approval because my school starts january 7 and my application have been processing from november 16

aditiaman

Nov 6, 2018
Hi
I need urgent help regarding passport submission. I applied swop online from india and have received passport request. I am very confused where to submit my passport.
Please guide

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Applied on Sep 13 - Review started on Nov 14, A ghost update happened on Dec 7. No medical request so far. Anybody can decipher the situation plz?

aakap

Dec 7, 2018
I am in same situation. Applied on Sep 16 online, Delhi India. Medical status is "passed". Review has started. Waiting for decision.
It is going to take longer. I applied for SOPW on August 3rd and submitted proactive medical and is pass, still waiting for an update.

aakap

Dec 7, 2018
Hi
I need urgent help regarding passport submission. I applied swop online from india and have received passport request. I am very confused where to submit my passport.
Please guide
Hi ...
Congratulations, it needs to be sent to VFS office.
When are free with the passport formalities, do share when you submitted your application.

gurpreet1329

Dec 15, 2018
hi
i have applied for my husband who is in indian on sep 15 but no update yet. they just asked for whatsapp chat and marrige photos last week. did anybody applied at same time and got any updates.

Raj-FG

Nov 27, 2018
Hi , I am planning to apply for sowp. My wife just got visa and we are planning to fly together next April.

Can you please let me know if I can apply for sowp now ? Or do I have to wait until she arrive canada ?

Can any one she all the documents required please ? Is it required to show any funds in CAD ?

slavanya1983

Dec 18, 2018
Hi, I am currently in Canada and I applied for SOWP online.

The status shows Approved.

Will they send the work permit to the Canada address or will they send PPR ? Please let me know.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey Guys, How much money spouse have to show ? Or the international student have to show for spouse’s work permit? Can it be indian or it should be canadian account? Both are in Canada, spouse is on visitor visa
Please help if you have any information about this
Thanks

rahullfo

Aug 10, 2018
Hi All,
I have a query regarding the SINP. I am on a visitor visa accompanying my wife who is on student visa which is valid till August 2019.
I have applied for inland Open Work Permit . Also before my wife applied for Study and came here ,I had applied for the SINP as well.
As a result I got request to submit the CIPS professional certificate for my NOC code. I have now recently cleared the CIPS ISP certificate and
now want to submit it to SINP.
Here are my concerns:
1) If I submit the certificate and I get SINP nomination ,what happens to my existing Open Work Permit application. Can they be processed simultaneously.
2) Once I get the the SINP ITA ,do I need to move to Saskatchwen immeditely as I am currently in Ontario.

raiharry

Jan 4, 2019
hello..... when I applied study visa of my wife then by mistake I wrote my job as accountant, but I did not upload any document related to my job. now I want to apply sowp. and I am customer care executive with only 12th standard as my education. does it effect my sowp as I initially wrote accountant because now I have to submitted all my document related to my customer care executive job. please reply......