Spouse Open Work permit

viralraiyani

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jesilette_14 said:
Hi :)

I am currently residing here in Abu Dhabi and still gathering docs for my SOWP application online.

One thing i want to know is that - can i apply from my country of citizenship (Philippines) even i am currently in UAE... because when i checked on CIC processing time of WP, Philippines will take 3mos. processing while UAE is 6mos.
Hi,
I got your PM but your inbox is full so I am just posting here.

I haven't heard back from IRCC. Processing times are very vague. They seem to mean nothing to IRCC. Because I have not seen any SOWP being processed in 10 weeks. Everyone has to wait for 14-16 weeks. This is very unfortunate. But we cannot fight the system. It is best to be patient for 10 weeks which is the std. Processing time for all workpermit applications and then send case specific inquiry to IRCC.

Which country did you apply for? Are you a student or on PGWP?

Let me know if you get any updates.
Stay in touch.

Thank you.

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello Seniors,

My wife submitted SOWP along with Passport and Medical results to VFS office in Delhi and they sent it to Canada High Commission in New Delhi on 31-Jan-2017.

Does anyone know by when should we expect them to reply ?

OR anyone knows if we can contact them.

VFS doesn't give any further update beyond "Your application is under process" and emails to canada high comission doesn't get any response.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Guys,
I got this message in my Inbox today , If there is no change in my application status :( then why to send the mail :-X ? Just wanted to know if anyone else gt this mail as well?
"
Sub - There have been no updates to your application (W15UYYYXXX)
donotreply@cic.gc.ca
17:41 (1 hour ago)

to me
There have been no updates to your application (W15UYYYXXX) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: XXXXXx@gmail.com. If this message is not for you, please delete it."

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
Amit1529 said:
Hello Seniors,

My wife submitted SOWP along with Passport and Medical results to VFS office in Delhi and they sent it to Canada High Commission in New Delhi on 31-Jan-2017.

Does anyone know by when should we expect them to reply ?

OR anyone knows if we can contact them.

VFS doesn't give any further update beyond "Your application is under process" and emails to canada high comission doesn't get any response.

There is no way you can contact them regarding your application status. All you have to do is keep waiting for the email that will say " Your Application Has-been Updated". It's very frustrating but there is no option. Good luck

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
anuragshah89 said:
My wife got the passport request for SOWP
How much time does CIC takes to stamp the VISA and sends the passport back ?

Congrats on getting the approval. Timings depend on office -office but average timing is 5 business days from the day they receive your PP. 5th business day most of them get get back their PP. Good luck

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
The Alchemist said:
There is no way you can contact them regarding your application status. All you have to do is keep waiting for the email that will say " Your Application Has-been Updated". It's very frustrating but there is no option. Good luck
Thanks for your reply The Alchemist.

abhi141989

May 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Online (SOWP)
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
04-02-2017
Med's Request
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-05-2017 (Non eMedical) ; Passed on 09-05-2017
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
chandankumar said:
Hi Guys,
I got this message in my Inbox today , If there is no change in my application status :( then why to send the mail :-X ? Just wanted to know if anyone else gt this mail as well?
"
Sub - There have been no updates to your application (W15UYYYXXX)
donotreply@cic.gc.ca
17:41 (1 hour ago)

to me
There have been no updates to your application (W15UYYYXXX) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: XXXXXx@gmail.com. If this message is not for you, please delete it."
When you login into MY CIC Account check under MY INFORMATION heading for "Notification Information". Most probably you have checked the "I would like to receive monthly updates about my application" Box. Click the question mark and you will see -

"Help - Monthly Updates

We will send a message to your account when there is an update or message about your application.

Select the checkbox if you would like to receive monthly reminders about the status of your application. If you no longer want to receive the monthly updates, un-check the checkbox and select "update".

So, you will get an automated email about the application every month. As there was no update you got "No Update" email.

Not to worry, its absolutely NORMAL.

Thanks,
Abhi

viralraiyani

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Did you get any updates on you applications?

Please share if you have any updates. Will be of great help.

Thank you.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
abhi141989 said:
When you login into MY CIC Account check under MY INFORMATION heading for "Notification Information". Most probably you have checked the "I would like to receive monthly updates about my application" Box. Click the question mark and you will see -

"Help - Monthly Updates

We will send a message to your account when there is an update or message about your application.

Select the checkbox if you would like to receive monthly reminders about the status of your application. If you no longer want to receive the monthly updates, un-check the checkbox and select "update".

So, you will get an automated email about the application every month. As there was no update you got "No Update" email.

Not to worry, its absolutely NORMAL.

Thanks,
Abhi
Thanks Abhi

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
viralraiyani said:
Hi Friends,

Did you get any updates on you applications?

Please share if you have any updates. Will be of great help.

Thank you.
For me its 5th week no update yet :( i think we both applied on the same date but different "Month" , looks like another 1 more month waiting for me , You should be getting this week or next week .. Good luck

viralraiyani

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandankumar said:
For me its 5th week no update yet :( i think we both applied on the same date but different "Month" , looks like another 1 more month waiting for me , You should be getting this week or next week .. Good luck
Thank you. I really hope that I get good news this week or latest by the next week.
The wait is killing me

I appreciate your support.