Spouse Open Work permit

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you good sir

I am just worried that I only provided one picture and also that her letter from university says that she is doing her bachelors in computer science and that she will finish in 2 months. That should be ok right?

We have been married for only 8 months though.

I hope she gets it.

Fingers crossed.

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
sababx said:
Thank you good sir

I am just worried that I only provided one picture and also that her letter from university says that she is doing her bachelors in computer science and that she will finish in 2 months. That should be ok right?

We have been married for only 8 months though.

I hope she gets it.

Fingers crossed.

If possible please provide at least 4-5 pics with traditional ceremonies and not just garland exchanging. As Visa officers need to see that your relationship is for real and strong. I know it makes no sense but that's how CIC works, I had provided 22 pics. The more you provide the better it is.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi

I have already submitted my application. How do I add more pictures? And I added the picture on the letter of explanation and the whole file was about 5mb. But how can I add more pictures on top? Let me know please.

Thanks

susugoi

Apr 10, 2017
The Alchemist said:
If possible please provide at least 4-5 pics with traditional ceremonies and not just garland exchanging. As Visa officers need to see that your relationship is for real and strong. I know it makes no sense but that's how CIC works, I had provided 22 pics. The more you provide the better it is.

I've attahed the photos in the online enquiry form. Is it going to help? I'm applying from the US (online) and there was no requirement for proves of relationship... I uploaded the marriage certificate just in case they need it when applied. Thank you!

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Although in my passport and my spouse's passport, we have each others name stated that we are married. Wouldn't that cover up for the wedding picture fact? I mean having spouses name on passport is like the fullest form of being legally married right?

s2patel48

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Calgary
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Yes
chandankumar said:
For me its running 4th Week no update yet after medical pass status :(
Man .. you gotta be patient .. you are expecting reply from cic too quick. all jan applicant still waiting for response.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
s2patel48 said:
Man .. you gotta be patient .. you are expecting reply from cic too quick. all jan applicant still waiting for response.
Yeh i know , but ppl applied in Feb for SOWP are getting the approval

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
sababx said:
Although in my passport and my spouse's passport, we have each others name stated that we are married. Wouldn't that cover up for the wedding picture fact? I mean having spouses name on passport is like the fullest form of being legally married right?
Spouse name on passport is not sufficient to prove the marriage as per CIC , they want the marriage certificate and other supporting doc to prove your marriage like .. wedding photographs , Travel history if you traveled together , Joint Bank Account , Nominee for Insurance , rental agreement which shows you were staying together .. etc ..

s2patel48

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Calgary
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Yes
chandankumar said:
Spouse name on passport is not sufficient to prove the marriage as per CIC , they want the marriage certificate and other supporting doc to prove your marriage like .. wedding photographs , Travel history if you traveled together , Joint Bank Account , Nominee for Insurance , rental agreement which shows you were staying together .. etc ..
Depends man ... all SOWP applicant under PGWP are still waiting .. if you applied under study permit you might get respons early.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
s2patel48 said:
Depends man ... all SOWP applicant under PGWP are still waiting .. if you applied under study permit you might get respons early.
ya man that depends ..but the info i shared was dependent(SOWP).

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
chandankumar said:
Thanks for reply but my concern is that we both have our names on our passports and that is the extreme form of legal. I submitted an online application and I could only upload one picture of us holding our beloved crest where it says just got married because that is our favorite picture. I just got married last year and I provided two letters, one from her and one from myself just to state that what it means for her to come to Canada. We do not have joint bank account, we did not reside together for more than few months. So yeah, those were the proof that I could come up with.

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
I am working in canada on PGWP. My Job lies under NOC category "B". I am getting married in June and want to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit. I am not sure what documents and forms are needed for this.
Just going through this forum looks like people who are here have already processed their application and have better knowledge than any other consultant.

Please let me know which forms and documents are needed for SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT.

Thanks in Advance.

All the best on you application and congratulations to those who already got their visa.

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Received MR, booked for test