+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

thunderbird22

Sep 29, 2015
SOWP applied on 23rd March, 2017. Wife working in Canada under PGWP NOC A. PGWP valid until late 2018
Upfront medicals done. Online application. I am currently working in Oman.
So far 2 updates received after submission. Does anyone know how long it takes for processing from Oman.
Thanks.

naveenpr

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Any updates? Anyone recieve passport request?

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
Bhumik said:
Its online
But, i see there one web form . you do changed ur addresses ,name or send additional document etc .. through Case specific inquiry. and upload it .. like this .. make sense? or else i have to wait for cic query?
That's perfect if you can send them all the details via Case specific inquiry and If you have an option to upload additional docs you can always do that as it will not harm you from any corner. Good luck

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
thunderbird22 said:
SOWP applied on 23rd March, 2017. Wife working in Canada under PGWP NOC A. PGWP valid until late 2018
Upfront medicals done. Online application. I am currently working in Oman.
So far 2 updates received after submission. Does anyone know how long it takes for processing from Oman.
Thanks.
It usually takes around 8-9 weeks at least. So you can expect some news in early or late May. Stay positive.

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the online SOWP application.
Does the TRV get processed along with the SOWP or do we have to apply for the worker visa separately once the WP is approved.
I have this doubt as only IMM1295E has been requested by CIC for the online SOWP application.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Rahul

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
vrahulan said:
Hi everyone,

Does the TRV get processed along with the SOWP or do we have to apply for the worker visa separately once the WP is approved.
I have this doubt as only IMM1295E has been requested by CIC for the online SOWP application.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Rahul
Didn't you submit IMM5257B_1 along with your application? Its one of the required supporting document.

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
vrahulan said:
Hi everyone,

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Rahul

If you have applied online for SOWP and have filled all the mandatory application then don't worry you're good. And actually there will to two forms on the CIC website, can you check it again in you online application? If you didn't fill then fill it and attach ASAP to avoid any delays.

rubybroth

Apr 3, 2017
Unsung said:
Hi there, I hired an immigration consultant to process my file. So, i can assure you it won't slow down you PR application. I'm in the same situation like yours. In my case my spouse was not even a PNP nominee. I added her as a dependent in my PR application and also applied SOWP. My spouse is here in Canada now. Already got a job and we will be receiving our PR next week possibly. So, don't worry and go ahead apply SOWP for your partner.
cheers

Hi
Would you mind to tell me the process of applying SOWP after getting SINP approval . I will really appreciate your help as my spouse's work permit got rejected 3 times so I am wondering I am making some mistake in my file. So if you can help me it will be a great help.
Thanks
GS

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
The Alchemist said:
If you have applied online for SOWP and have filled all the mandatory application then don't worry you're good. And actually there will to two forms on the CIC website, can you check it again in you online application? If you didn't fill then fill it and attach ASAP to avoid any delays.
I'll check the application again. Thank you so much.

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
paul234 said:
Didn't you submit IMM5257B_1 along with your application? Its one of the required supporting document.
I'm yet to submit the application. I filled in the questionnaire and it didn't show the IMM5257 as one of the required documents.

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5
Hey guyz The processing time is updated again and it came back again to 10 weeks on CIC site.. dats a goood news :p :p :p :p

Aug 1, 2016
My wife is currently staying in Manitoba.. she got her MPNP last year and has now applied for P.R. she has included my name in her file too so that means I am also an applicant for P.R.....my question here is that am I eligible for open work permit for now? Cz PR application will take about 16 months to get processed. And it's a long wait... suggest me If I can apply for open work permit... I am currently in india. And my wife works as a receptionist in a dental office .. whether my PR application will have any negative effect on my work permit application?

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
vishalhanda1318 said:
My wife is currently staying in Manitoba.. she got her MPNP last year and has now applied for P.R. she has included my name in her file too so that means I am also an applicant for P.R.....my question here is that am I eligible for open work permit for now? Cz PR application will take about 16 months to get processed. And it's a long wait... suggest me If I can apply for open work permit... I am currently in india. And my wife works as a receptionist in a dental office .. whether my PR application will have any negative effect on my work permit application?
Hi Vishal,

It's a great job that you are on her PR file. To answer your questions.
If your wife is on Open work Permit and has a Full time job, then yes you can apply for SOWP. This will not affect your PR file by anyway. Just make sure you provide all the required information including funds, bank statements, pay stubs and your assets back home. Have as much documentation as possible, as it never hurts to have additional docs on your application. this will make your application very strong. Hope this helps.