Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Guys, i know its really frustrating for everyone of us as processing time for our application have already passed and we did not got any update as of now.
Seniors please help us, we don't know what else to do?
Is there any way i can contact Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India?

Online application: 6th Jan 2017
Filed CSE 2 week ago
No update

johneast

Mar 27, 2017
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. Apologies if it's been covered already and I've missed it.

My family and I are UK citizens living Canada. We arrived in March 2015. I have a work permit linked to my employer. My wife has an open work permit and my daughter has a visitor visa.

When we arrived my wife's passport expired July 2017, so that is the limit of her visa. My visa runs out in March 2018. Her visa says it is linked to mine. How do I go about extending my wife's visa? Can I do it online? I've had a look at the Canada government website and found a form which I think is the right one (IMM5710E.pdf). There doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can state that she is here accompanying me.

Many thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Once-A-Marketer said:
FLk, Seniors? Any thoughts? With three rejections already (including initial WP), we are really confused whether we should apply for student visa or SOWP. I am working full time under NOC A category (Technical Writer), due to previous rejections I am still not sure wheter SOWP or student would be better.
To the best of my knowledge there is no "spouse dependent open study permit". Normally that is only for school going children. Even if that is legally allowed, it doesn't sound that promising and practical for both to be studying unless you have significantly large amount of money. So unless you were talking about getting admission and applying for study permit independently for your spouse, i would recommend applying for SOWP.

I won't pay too much attention to refusals after your description i.e. first time SOWP was refused because your SP was expiring and subsequent two were TRV refusals which i assume were short term visitor TRV types (wrong choice for a spouse who intends to live in Canada with you for as long as you are there).

Just refer to your past refusals as you mentioned here and make it a point that those are addressed now i.e.

a) You have longer term work visa now
b) Her intention is not a short visit, rather it is to live with you and hence would undergo medicals and the full processing time of a standard SOWP.

Please ensure you didn't have any documentary mistakes in your application (Get gcms notes first if you haven't already) and fix issues if any.

If the marriage is recent, provide additional documentation (proof of contact) rather than just the marriage certificate.

That should be enough. Good luck

sam_5281

Nov 11, 2015
jsghai said:
Guys, i know its really frustrating for everyone of us as processing time for our application have already passed and we did not got any update as of now.
Seniors please help us, we don't know what else to do?
Is there any way i can contact Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India?

Online application: 6th Jan 2017
Filed CSE 2 week ago
No update
As told before i got my sowp approved in 17th week. there is nothing we can do . we have to wait and CSE enquiry will not do anything.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
johneast said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. Apologies if it's been covered already and I've missed it.

My family and I are UK citizens living Canada. We arrived in March 2015. I have a work permit linked to my employer. My wife has an open work permit and my daughter has a visitor visa.

When we arrived my wife's passport expired July 2017, so that is the limit of her visa. My visa runs out in March 2018. Her visa says it is linked to mine. How do I go about extending my wife's visa? Can I do it online? I've had a look at the Canada government website and found a form which I think is the right one (IMM5710E.pdf). There doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can state that she is here accompanying me.

Many thanks

Just go to CIC website and chose "Apply to extend your stay as a worker" FOR YOUR SPOUSE. Since you are not applying for yourself, SHE IS THE APPLICANT.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

In work permit type, chose "Spouse dependent open work permit" and in employer location and name, write "Not Applicable - SOWP".

You have to attach your work permit as proof and show that you are working a skilled job (though it would be much simpler since this is extension of an already issued work permit. You might put this detail in cover letter i.e. that her WP expired sooner because of Passport.

Proof of skilled job usually is either an existing LMIA which was issued prior to your WP approval OR if your job was LMIA exempt, then your offer / experience letter stating YOUR job duties in detail.

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
1st application SOWP...
Paper based...
Processed at Bangalore
Got refusal after medical passed...
Refused back in december 2016...

2nd application SWOP...
ONLINE APPLICATION FROM CANADA...
Application submited on 23rd march 2017...
Upfront medical...
Hoping for the best

naveenpr

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Guys again sowp processing time changed to 11 weeks..
just now cic web site updated.... :( :( :( :(

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
naveenpr said:
Guys again sowp processing time changed to 11 weeks..
just now cic web site updated.... :( :( :( :(
It was 11 weeks when I checked on Friday. Either ways, its been getting longer. Was 9 weeks when I applied in early Jan. And again, 11 weeks have passed for me and the application hasn't moved at all. So these processing timelines has actually stopped making sense to me.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,
It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could help reply this;
I applied SOWP (Time line and more details r given in 'Signature' ) , I visited Canada last year (2016 ) on a Business VISA provided by my organization, March to July 16. Just wanted to know whether this will help me in getting SOWP Visa or it will serve as a negative factor in front of VO?

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
chandankumar said:
Hi All,
It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could help reply this;
I applied SOWP (Time line and more details r given in 'Signature' ) , I visited Canada last year (2016 ) on a Business VISA provided by my organization, March to July 16. Just wanted to know whether this will help me in getting SOWP Visa or it will serve as a negative factor in front of VO?
it won't have any impact

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
guru1313 said:
Refusal reasons?
Hi guru1313,
Reasone for refusal were: You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of yur stay as temporary resident.
  • Family ties in Canada and Country of residence (Qatar). She was working in when we applied for her TRV.
    Travel history

At that time I was still a student.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
fkl said:
To the best of my knowledge there is no "spouse dependent open study permit". Normally that is only for school going children. Even if that is legally allowed, it doesn't sound that promising and practical for both to be studying unless you have significantly large amount of money. So unless you were talking about getting admission and applying for study permit independently for your spouse, i would recommend applying for SOWP.

I won't pay too much attention to refusals after your description i.e. first time SOWP was refused because your SP was expiring and subsequent two were TRV refusals which i assume were short term visitor TRV types (wrong choice for a spouse who intends to live in Canada with you for as long as you are there).

Just refer to your past refusals as you mentioned here and make it a point that those are addressed now i.e.

b) Her intention is not a short visit, rather it is to live with you and hence would undergo medicals and the full processing time of a standard SOWP.

Please ensure you didn't have any documentary mistakes in your application (Get gcms notes first if you haven't already) and fix issues if any.

If the marriage is recent, provide additional documentation (proof of contact) rather than just the marriage certificate.

Thank you so much, Fkl. I really appreciate it!

After going through this thread (still have many pages to go) and your advice, I am quite postive about SWOP. My wife is really depresed and with so many years apart she does not want to lose any opportunity. We have stopped caring about money and just want to be together and work things out from there on.

After Sept, next in-take for college admission will be Jan. So she wants to apply for student visa and if that does not work, we will start with SWOP. Since we can apply for SWOP any time but if we miss the Sept intake, she wil have to wait for year. We will most likely get the SWOP, but I want to listen to her (this time!).

In case she does get the student visa, will it possible for her to apply for SWOP? I mean, withdrawing from the program and changing the visa status. It probably too complicated. I guess we will have to stick to student visa if she gets it, if not, apply for SWOP.

Thank you again!

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
fkl said:

And sorry for the confusionn about SOWP and student visa. I was talking about apply for Spouse Open Work permit for my wife or bringing her here on a student visa. We just want to be together anyhow. Thank you for your advice, Fkl.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,
I have few doubts if anyone of you could answer will be a great help for me : -
Q1) I am planning to go to Canada on SOWP which will be valid for a Year (As my wife is having only 1 year of Study permit) ; so my question is what will happen after One year if me and my wife dint get any NOC jobs just after finishing her course? Will they issue me a VISA , if yes then what type of Visa?

Q2) If i get a Job in these 1 year and my wife dint get then what will happen? can i still apply to extend me open work permit?

Q3) if my wife gets Job and i didnt get then will they issue me a VISA , If yes then what type of VISA they will issue me?

Thanks in Advance for Answering this :)