Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mayuri.asrani said:
Hi All,

I have been a silent follower of this forum. I have applied for OWP under the Common Law category from India today. It is a paper application with upfront medical and have included all documents to show my employment, financial and relationship proofs. Have also included my partners financial and employement proof of NOC B. Anyone who has also applied recently can share their timelines or the different statuses through which their application has been through.
Common law requires proving that you have lived together for at least a year. I assume you knew that and showed that on paper like your partner was living with you before coming to Canada.

Jayamrutia

Apr 4, 2014
hello guys. if we have applied online how do we know that in which visa office our file is being processed?

as i have share my timeline previously applied online with upfront medical but still got medical request. done IRCC inquiry along with medical form and receipt and got reply after 6 days that they have received my documents. its been 10 days it doesnt updated in my cic account.

as i was searching in forum i have seen some people who wanted to update their application and did IRCC but afterwards they found out that visa office didnt receive IRCC thingy. so i was wondering to give a call and ask them about sending my old medical receipt to them.

i am a bit worried because i have seen some cases where cic refuses application due to reason " no medical found"

any replies are appreciated.

sjp123

Aug 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NovaScotia
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
03-01-2017
Nomination.....
21-03-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
How can we submit passport to VO Bangalore?
Is it only through VFS or We can directly send to VO?

sjp123

Aug 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NovaScotia
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
03-01-2017
Nomination.....
21-03-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
yadav said:
sjp123,

visa office does not accept applications like that. The only way to submit is to go to vfs.
Application submitted by online on July last week . I got passport request yesterday.

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
fkl said:
Common law requires proving that you have lived together for at least a year. I assume you knew that and showed that on paper like your partner was living with you before coming to Canada.
Yes FKL. I have submited Rent agreement copies for 1.5 years and Joint Bank Account Proof from 2009 along with notarized declaration of Common Law Union. Hope this proof works fine..

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
Sanman91 said:
link your application to mycic account.
here is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp
How long do we wait before linking the paper application?
I got the following status on the VFS site
Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXX Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, BANGALORE on 03/10/2016.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mayuri.asrani said:
Yes FKL. I have submited Rent agreement copies for 1.5 years and Joint Bank Account Proof from 2009 along with notarized declaration of Common Law Union. Hope this proof works fine..
Sounds good. It might get a bit tricky if you aren't applying soon after partner moving here (say they might raise concerns if you haven't been living together in the last say one year - despite living together prior multiple years for instance)

But that much evidence as you mentioned should be enough. All the best

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
fkl said:
Sounds good. It might get a bit tricky if you aren't applying soon after partner moving here (say they might raise concerns if you haven't been living together in the last say one year - despite living together prior multiple years for instance)

But that much evidence as you mentioned should be enough. All the best
We mentioned in the cover letter that we were waiting for his job..my partner has completed a 2 year course there and started working this june 2016. So we have applied after that so that he can support me while i am there.

t_Patel

Apr 3, 2016
Hello everyone,

Want to share my long journey (3 Years apart from my spouse) of getting SOWP approval.
1 st rejection:
Applied on December 2015 got rejected on March 2016.
Reson : Pay is not enough to support the additional person.Document submitted do not satisfy the officer.

2nd time:

Applied : 18 June 2016 online application with same job letter
Medical request: 2 Sept
Passport Request: September 27
October 4: Got the approval letter still waiting for passportto be delivered

Hope you all got visa and can stay together.
Thanks to FKL and all others.
Best of luck.

gbharath2

Aug 1, 2015
Hi all ,

I am currently in Canada on a closed work permit with my employer and applied PR on Dec2015 is in progress requesting further document.

I have applied for the Open work permit on as a new application on Sep21 to change my employer with my spouse being a Canada citizen through paper and posted by mail.
But I couldnt link the application with my UCI or name and Date of birth.

Any idea how long would it take for them to pick it up or usual overall processing time.

Thank you for all your help and response !

Sanman91

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
gbharath2 said:
Hi all ,

I am currently in Canada on a closed work permit with my employer and applied PR on Dec2015 is in progress requesting further document.

I have applied for the Open work permit on as a new application on Sep21 to change my employer with my spouse being a Canada citizen through paper and posted by mail.
But I couldnt link the application with my UCI or name and Date of birth.

Any idea how long would it take for them to pick it up or usual overall processing time.

Thank you for all your help and response !
Wich application u r unable to link?
Open work permit or PR application?

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Can anyone help me to get out of this uncertainty? My wife's medical was shown as Passed from Sep 2nd. Last week my local Mp called and the immigration officer said she has just passed her final security check. we did receive an email stating our application has been updated. But since then we didn't receive any passport request. Does anyone received 'update' email before receiving 'passport request?' why is it taking so long????