NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
mayuri.asrani said:
How long did you wait after applying for linking the paper application to online account? I havent got any mail from CIC confirming that they have recieved my application..Just a mail from VFS Global that my paper application has been forwarded to the Bangalore Consulate for processing.
FYI I applied on 3rd oct Paper Based from VFS Ahemdabad with upfront medicals.

Ohhh, then I guess you need to wait for some time, as it's too early. Once they start working on your file that's when you will be able to link. I would say wait for a week and try it again.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayuri.asrani said:
How long did you wait after applying for linking the paper application to online account? I havent got any mail from CIC confirming that they have recieved my application..Just a mail from VFS Global that my paper application has been forwarded to the Bangalore Consulate for processing.
FYI I applied on 3rd oct Paper Based from VFS Ahemdabad with upfront medicals.

My file is processing at Bangalore as you. This is my 4th week and I still not able to link online because of many reason which you can see at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23.
You are asking many times of same question. You applied only 3 days ago. They usually take AT LEAST 3 TO 4 WEEKS to respond for medical. So be calm for at least for 3 weeks. I know we are very eager to process file faster but nothing will happen untill 3 to 4 weeks.
Keep in touch and good luck.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Alchemist said:
Ohhh, then I guess you need to wait for some time, as it's too early. Once they start working on your file that's when you will be able to link. I would say wait for a week and try it again.
I don't know do you know about this or not but let me share if you have this information.
I just want to ask you one question. If we applied paper application thought lawyer, still we can link to online?
If yes then all notification received by online account, not any mail received by lawyer, right?

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
Hiii said:
I don't know do you know about this or not but let me share if you have this information.
I just want to ask you one question. If we applied paper application thought lawyer, still we can link to online?
If yes then all notification received by online account, not any mail received by lawyer, right?
Yes you can link the Paper based application. But not sure if you will receive only Email notifications, my understanding is that you should receive both through email and mail.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Alchemist said:
Yes you can link the Paper based application. But not sure if you will receive only Email notifications, my understanding is that you should receive both through email and mail.
Ok thanks........

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
Hiii said:
My file is processing at Bangalore as you. This is my 4th week and I still not able to link online because of many reason which you can see at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23.
You are asking many times of same question. You applied only 3 days ago. They usually take AT LEAST 3 TO 4 WEEKS to respond for medical. So be calm for at least for 3 weeks. I know we are very eager to process file faster but nothing will happen untill 3 to 4 weeks.
Keep in touch and good luck.
Thanks for the reply..I was just confirming on the timelines..no rush..how long does it take for the CIC to acknowledge our application and send us the mail?

Pilla

Apr 20, 2016
fkl said:
1. Yes you can work any where. Just be cautious at airport when CBSA issues you SOWP, make sure they don't wrongly put the city restriction on it. An open work permit should say authorized to work any where in Canada.
2. I am not very clear on your profession. SAP might have an okay market here. But you cannot practice HR without Canadian legal certifications. Not sure where does SAP HR consultant fall. Irrespective you would have a hard time finding a job even in Montreal if you dont speak french.
3. No one can answer that for you. Risk is always a personal call but your work permit is valid till its expiry once issued. Your wife being called back doesn't cancel it unless you do some serious violation e.g. driving under influence (DUI) etc.
4. Yes, your work permit remains valid till its expiry once issued.

Hi FKl

My application got rejected today with a reason to show a proof like mentioned below

1) Applicant does not meet the requirement of C42
Proof of spouses enrollment, available funds after school fees paid

So for this reason can I reopen the same application and produce the required documents if yes what is the procedure to reopen the recently closed application ,please help me out with this ...

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Can somebody tell if ,can i hide the account number of my sponsor bank statements just for security reason while submitting application ?? If sponsor is concerned about the big amount security :D???

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
drnadiaj said:
Can somebody tell if ,can i hide the account number of my sponsor bank statements just for security reason while submitting application ?? If sponsor is concerned about the big amount security :D???
I guess it should't be an issue. You can mask all digits but last 4...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Pilla said:
Hi FKl

My application got rejected today with a reason to show a proof like mentioned below

1) Applicant does not meet the requirement of C42
Proof of spouses enrollment, available funds after school fees paid

So for this reason can I reopen the same application and produce the required documents if yes what is the procedure to reopen the recently closed application ,please help me out with this ...
Sorry to hear that Pilla.

Its best that you reapply addressing all the issues they highlighted.

There is no formal procedure / legal method for reopening. You can send a case specific inquiry and hope they accept your point of view and do that. There is no law that can force CIC.

In practice they only reopen very strong convincing cases where CIC has clearly made a mistake. I doubt yours is one (assuming you didn't provide enough documentation according to the cited reason for refusal).

Even if they do so, it usually takes significantly longer than a regular new application.

If coming here is more important to you, spending another 150 CAD shouldn't be that big an issue and would certainly be more positive and quicker, ensuring another officer looks at your case.

Just make sure you thoroughly address reasons from first refusal. If they are not clear from the letter, i recommend getting gcms notes first before reapplying. Good luck.

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
shell2510 said:
Hello All,

Below are my timelines:

1st Attempt:
We applied for Study permit(myself) and SOWP on May13th 2016 initially from vfs delhi.
Study permit got approved but SOWP got refused on 22nd July 2016.

2nd Attempt:

We applied again for my spouse - SOWP on 19th Aug 2016 , paper based application from Vfs delhi with upfront medicals:

Application Date : 19th Aug 2016
Application Location : Vfs Delhi
Spouse location : India
Medical : Upfront ( Passed) - 22nd Aug
Result : 4th Oct 2016

Though we have not received any email yet from cic but the portal this time says "Approved" and case is closed.

Thanks a lot everyone for posting useful information all this while, especially Fkl.

My only suggestion to everyone would be don't rely completely on ur lawyers and consultants so much.

I did that mistake first time and got rejected. But during our 2nd attempt we filled the visa on our own and it got thru :)

All the best everyone !! I can understand how tough this wait is..
Hi shell whats your reasons of refusal
And which documents you attached second time

shell2510

Oct 13, 2015
@guru1313 - Initially it was refused due to insufficient funds and spouse enrolment

Earlier we just showed basic minimal funds which was required as per cic's website but this time we ensured enough funds dat made our application strong

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
i have important question, while submitting owp application .is it okay to submit the spouse currently employer in home country letter that the head or company is aware of this and he/she going as iam applying for my student with sowp ,so that visa officer knows that he is going there with me for my limited time and will not get settle because he has already job here and his employer letter is a proof that he will be back ??? any suggestions???like i have read it here in any diff blog stated this

Letter of reference from her present employer to canadian consular office stating that they are aware he/she intends to visit and spend some time in canada with her/his spouse (pls note that Cic didn't ask for this. I just wanted to remove any suspicion over what happens to her work while she dashes off to live a year or two in canada. I didnt like the idea of resignation. That may seem to the visa officer like once she gets another job in canada, she will not want to leave the country again

can somebody comment on this ?? and clarify me