Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
Hi FKL, Friends,

I need your advice on below case.

My wife received TRV- W1- Worker ( ICT transfer ), she is flying in November end, so work permit will be receiving on arrival at POE. Earlier i was not going to accompany her, but now we decided to travel together.

I need to know what are my options and possibilities.

1. Am planning to work there, so can i apply for spouse open work permit on basis of my wife's trv worker visa & authorisation letter only without her work permit ? are there any chances of refusal or rejection ? If we filled together for her trv worker & my sowp i know it would have gone thru but what are my options now ?

2. Is it advisable to get trv dependent visitor now & later apply for SWOP change in status and worker visa once am in Canada ? How long it will take for such changes to happen ? any rejection possibility ?

Awaiting for your valuable inputs. Thanks a ton.

Regards
SD

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
can any one tell me ,for owp application documentation submit like academic ,transcripts, degrees ,experiences letter do they need the photocopy with attestation ??if yes then who can attest or notarize?can any consultant or advocate can do this????? or just the college whom anyone graduate and get degree ??? thanks

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find all information in this site. Find some time and search it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SD_India said:
Hi FKL, Friends,

I need your advice on below case.

My wife received TRV- W1- Worker ( ICT transfer ), she is flying in November end, so work permit will be receiving on arrival at POE. Earlier i was not going to accompany her, but now we decided to travel together.

I need to know what are my options and possibilities.

1. Am planning to work there, so can i apply for spouse open work permit on basis of my wife's trv worker visa & authorisation letter only without her work permit ? are there any chances of refusal or rejection ? If we filled together for her trv worker & my sowp i know it would have gone thru but what are my options now ?

2. Is it advisable to get trv dependent visitor now & later apply for SWOP change in status and worker visa once am in Canada ? How long it will take for such changes to happen ? any rejection possibility ?

Awaiting for your valuable inputs. Thanks a ton.

Regards
SD
Already answered here.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dilemma-spouse-open-work-permit-or-trv-please-suggest-t172483.0.html;msg5483680#msg5483680

Though asking same question on multiple threads isn't a good idea.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ashpur88 said:
We should make this a sticky post. You have been really helpful to so many people (including me) and have answered a lot of common questions time and again. Having a sticky post with the all requirements for SOWP and mentioning the differences in the the types of Visa will be really beneficial.
Probably yes - that way i would only spend time answering new questions that actually need new info. However, i don't have the time and energy to collect and post that all again - at least for now. Will see when i can. Till then, will answer what / when i can :)

Pilla

Apr 20, 2016
Dharmeshvirani235 said:
hi guys.. i applied sowp on 30 june 2016 paper application at ahemdabad.. Got rejected on 21 september saying You have not demonstrated that your spouse is employed in a position that falls within NOC level A, B or O.
I reapplied on 29 september 2016 nd got passport request on 30 september... Soo happy...
[/quote

Hai please explain the scenario that how u modified and reapplied
And how u got the passport request so immediately

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After linking a paper application to an online CIC account, are the online accounts updated by the VAC? Do they always update your status to 'Processing' or does it happen sometimes that the status goes from 'open' to 'closed' and the only msg you get is a passport request?

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
in open work permit application where they asked about job offers in canada etc i should write down N/A ??and there are few documents for abu dhabi too,are these same ?check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5894E.pdf let me know

AND i am applying for my spouse owp so what about schedule 1 form ,should i add this too ??

Dharmeshvirani235

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
Med's Done....
30-09-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
Hai please explain the scenario that how u modified and reapplied
And how u got the passport request so immediately

I dont know how but I submit my application indicating NOC code. On same day I got Passport Call.

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
Hi All,

I have been a silent follower of this forum. I have applied for OWP under the Common Law category from India today. It is a paper application with upfront medical and have included all documents to show my employment, financial and relationship proofs. Have also included my partners financial and employement proof of NOC B. Anyone who has also applied recently can share their timelines or the different statuses through which their application has been through.

Sanman91

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
mayuri.asrani said:
Hi All,

I have been a silent follower of this forum. I have applied for OWP under the Common Law category from India today. It is a paper application with upfront medical and have included all documents to show my employment, financial and relationship proofs. Have also included my partners financial and employement proof of NOC B. Anyone who has also applied recently can share their timelines or the different statuses through which their application has been through.
Hi
Share your timeline like
On which date you applied
With upfront medical or without .

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayuri.asrani said:
Hi All,

Wait for at least 3 weeks. They will request your medical. Before that nothing will happen.

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
Hello guys..

I have applied today 3rd october 2016 as a paper based application with upfront medicals through VFS Ahemdabad..How do I check my processing status?

Sanman91

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
mayuri.asrani said:
Hello guys..

I have applied today 3rd october 2016 as a paper based application with upfront medicals through VFS Ahemdabad..How do I check my processing status?
link your application to mycic account.
here is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Dharmeshvirani235 said:
hi guys.. i applied sowp on 30 june 2016 paper application at ahemdabad.. Got rejected on 21 september saying You have not demonstrated that your spouse is employed in a position that falls within NOC level A, B or O.
I reapplied on 29 september 2016 nd got passport request on 30 september... Soo happy...
hi
what is your spouse NOC level