Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Hammer said:
Applied Jan, 2016

AOR March, 2016

Updated spouse documents May, 2016

Medical request toda0y

AINP , PNP Nova Scotia

Can you share your info like above, please.

Applied in February,2016 also submitted landing fees
AOR in April,2016
Medicals today
BCPNP, PNP (not sure where my file was sent)

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Was it paper application or online through MYCIC account?

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Unsung said:
It was a paper application. Are they fastening the process for PR?
Not sure,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hammer said:
Hi Fkl,

Hope my this message finds you well.

I need your expert advice on this topic. I received two emails from CPC CTD OTTAWA today in which they asked me for a) Medical exam and b) " Relationship assessment questionaire for myself and spouse" as I have added her to my PR application.

And second email is for RPRF fee payment.

My ques is - As these email came from CPC CTD Ottawa, does it mean my file is been processed at Ottawa visa office?
At some latter stage in processing (and the boundary is not clear to me), i believe all Express entry applications are processed at CPC Ottawa irrespective of where they were applied from

ktom

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
None
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
ashub said:
Thanks priyum521...

I have few questions on submitting forms for OWP for spouse.
a. I understand that i need to submit form "Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] " for spouse. should i also submit form "Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada [IMM 5257E]" for my spouse along with IMM1295?
b. on section "Details of Intended work in Canada" of IMM 1295E, what should i mention in prospective employer detail section ? since it is a open work permit , can i leave it blank.

Please help.

Thanks.
I've just done myself and these are the documents I had to submit. This was for my open work permit made outside of Canada, with my partner already having the canadian highly skilled worker permit.
Document Checklist [IMM 5488] (PDF, 30 KB) Nov 2015
Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] (PDF, 339 KB) Oct 2015
Family Information [IMM 5645] (PDF, 59 KB) Sep 2010
Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 – Schedule 1] (PDF, 367 KB) June 2014
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB) April 2009
Complete Resume, Educational Certificates and Employment history–
Copies of service letters and past employments contracts
Certified true copies of Educational certificates
Proof of funds – (Please submit your financial means Ex: Last 3 months bank statements
Consent to Disclosure of Information (for the police check)

Because you are applying for an open work permit, within the IMM 1295, you leave those sections blank. However it is advisable to submit your Resume along with a cover letter around what sort of job you will be looking for in Canada given your experience.

So here you can pretty much write up what you can do based on your skills/experience, as well as include any job research you might've done and what type of jobs will you be applying for etc etc.

Hope this helps

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ktom said:
I've just done myself ......
Hope this helps
You don't realize that you are answering a question from 2012, though the info provided is still accurate mostly and is valuable. Thank you for sharing that. +1.

Some additions / corrections.

Every where you are asked for employment details, its better to write "Not applicable - Spousal open work permit".
For a dependent of a principal applicant with a confirmed / LMIA based job etc, you actually can write his/her annual salary in "funds available for stay" and therefore do not need to show any separate funds. In case the principal applicant is already working in Canada, his/her recent pay stubs would be needed though.
IMM5257 (Application for temp resident visa) is already part of the application if you are applying from outside Canada and belong to a country where you require a TRV to enter Canada. It is important to understand that Work permit allows you to work in Canada, but does not allow ENTRY to Canada unless you are citizen of a visa exempt country.

Hence if you are applying from outside Canada, but do not require visa to enter Canada, you do not need IMM5257 i.e. TRV application.

Lastly, if you are applying from inside Canada, then Work permit and TRV are processed separately by separate visa offices, and you have to apply for each separately if needed (and pay fee separately). Technically you do not need to renew TRV if you are continuing to work in Canada on a valid work permit but don't need to exit and enter the country (except from the US).

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
hi fkl,

i got refused 2 times for trv visitior and 2 sowp now. latest refusal had only one reason for personal assets n financial status. i did provide as lawyer asked but still refusal. could u suggest wat options we have now? and how shold we email for reconsideration?

thanks

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello senior members of this forum,

I hold an intra-company transfer closed wp and my spouse holds dependent open WP.
Our WP expires mid-September and we have submitted the application for extension of the WP.

However, my spouse had to travel to my home country and she won't be back before Mid November.

Should we inform CIC about her leaving the country ?

In case we receive our new WP. How do we submit our application for the TRV ?
Does she need to send her passport to our home country visa office OR do we need to send it to canada ?

Please suggest.
Thanks

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Hi FKL,

My Husbands SWOP was rejected on Aug29 th stating "financial and personal assets".We have provided all bank statements proof of my husbands job letter,payslips and bank statements showing 6 lakhs of funds.I have attached my job letter in canada and my pay slips.I assume my lawyer didn't keep all the bank statements for the past 3 months.He kept the last month bank statements.Can It be the reason for the rejection.I am applying for reconsideration.Ca I state that the lawyer didn't provide all the bank statements and attach the statements.

Please suggest

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
lakshmikoppala,

i also got refused with the same reason. I really suspect that the lawyer didnt upload all the documents in my case. specially she told me we cannot add alot of new documents since we r filing again n asking reconsideration. so i only provide my balance certificate by bank on ther letterhead. i did ask the lawyer if she needed more from me specially an updated bank statement. but she never did. n most possibly they get a better idea the money is yours by seeing ur regular salary coming in the bank through the statement.

how r u planning to ask for reconsideration?

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
yadav said:
lakshmikoppala,

i also got refused with the same reason. I really suspect that the lawyer didnt upload all the documents in my case. specially she told me we cannot add alot of new documents since we r filing again n asking reconsideration. so i only provide my balance certificate by bank on ther letterhead. i did ask the lawyer if she needed more from me specially an updated bank statement. but she never did. n most possibly they get a better idea the money is yours by seeing ur regular salary coming in the bank through the statement.

how r u planning to ask for reconsideration?
Did they not show you as to what they are going to upload?
my lawyer sent me all the docs for review and once i okayed then only she uploaded. And i also thought we would not be able to upload the bulk of docs i had. But she did not miss a single doc.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
hi Yadav,jasmohra

I asked the lawyer to upload but he didn't show me what documents during the application uploading but after the application is uploaded he showed me.Whch is sad.Myhusband is currently working in Hyderbad ,India so he has showed all the statements of his payslips.I am not sure what documents they need more.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
HI Yadav,

I am doing the reconsideration my self,I think after all the process I have got better idea to portrait then these lawyers.These lawyers just take money and do nothing ,that's what I have realized after all this grief .:(

I am putting my documents of my job letter and paylsips and bank statements and explaining them if they have received the same or not.As I am explaining them that I am not sure if the lawyer has potraited everything correctly.

I am also dong the GCMS notes so that if this reconsideration does not work,I will have more Idea what to be done.

let me know your suggestions

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
lakshmikoppala said:
HI Yadav,

I am doing the reconsideration my self,I think after all the process I have got better idea to portrait then these lawyers.These lawyers just take money and do nothing ,that's what I have realized after all this grief .:(

I am putting my documents of my job letter and paylsips and bank statements and explaining them if they have received the same or not.As I am explaining them that I am not sure if the lawyer has potraited everything correctly.

I am also dong the GCMS notes so that if this reconsideration does not work,I will have more Idea what to be done.

let me know your suggestions
I have a question. How do you apply for reconsideration?
What is the process?