+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Matthewpr said:
Hi lakshmikoppala

When did u submitt the application? Is it via online and attorny?

I have applied on june 3rd 2016 and below is the status of my application.

Online application via attorney while spouse is in india. Below is status showing on portal for my application:

Application/profile status open
Review of medical results - passed
Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information - Not needed at this time
Final decision - Not started

Spouse profession is in IT and wife is awaiting for preparing RN license in Canada.

Usually you should be getting an update by now.May be this coming week.I have submitted application through lawyer online on june 16th.We have got an update on August 29th.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Jasmohra,

no buddy i never got any info on what she uploaded. also refusal b4 this new 1 she missed uploading my wifes loa due to which i got refused which i give all this time n this time only reason personal finances which i show enough but mayb lawyer again miss something.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
How long does it take to receive the passport request after passing medical? We didn't submit upfront medical.

mpvlgp

Sep 5, 2016
Hi everyone! I need some help!

I'm a 28 years old girl form Spain. I have a work permit for 4 years from august 2016 to august 2020. My boyfriend living in Spain at the moment wants to come and work for these years that I will be here in Toronto to stay together. For that reason we would like to get married and apply for a spouse open work permit for him. This can be done or you must be already married before? We can get married in Canada?

Thank you very much!

Laura

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
lakshmikoppala said:
HI Yadav,

I am doing the reconsideration my self,I think after all the process I have got better idea to portrait then these lawyers.These lawyers just take money and do nothing ,that's what I have realized after all this grief .:(

I am putting my documents of my job letter and paylsips and bank statements and explaining them if they have received the same or not.As I am explaining them that I am not sure if the lawyer has potraited everything correctly.

I am also dong the GCMS notes so that if this reconsideration does not work,I will have more Idea what to be done.

let me know your suggestions

Hi lakshmikoppala

Sorry to hear about your Refusal, I guess all the lawyers and the visa consultants actually don't know any process. Initially I had hired a consultant and had paid hefty amount and later realized that neither they know what documents should be attached nor how to file a SOWP!. I ended up applying SOWP for my wife 2 weeks late (August 23rd) due to this issue. The process is pretty straight forward, and for documents I guess you can follow what I and my friend did.
I included an Index page and mentioned what all documents I am attaching along with the serial numbers like below
Index for SOWP documents for Mr. XXXX
Serial # Document
1 Letter of explanation
2 Marriage certificate
............................ so and so forth
And I merged all file in one PDF for my spouse and I. and compressed them to be less than 4MB. I was able to attach almost all documents from 6 months detailed bank statements to job offer letter.

Hope this information helps. Good luck!

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
that is upto cic. but the day my status change from in progress to to not started i heard same day and got refusal. it simply means they r already making a decision on ur file.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Yes I think you are right because without medical they have reached to final decision so it means I think it will be refusal

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
buddy dnt assume its refused. not always they ask for medical. it may have happened they used the same medical thats y they didnt ask. but b hopeful if u provided all the rest of papers properly then pray for good

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
yadav said:
hi fkl,

i got refused 2 times for trv visitior and 2 sowp now. latest refusal had only one reason for personal assets n financial status. i did provide as lawyer asked but still refusal. could u suggest wat options we have now? and how shold we email for reconsideration?

thanks
Hi yadav, sorry to hear that. GCMS notes should be the starting point. TRV for visitor is already the wrong category if you are eligible for SOWP. So i would simply ignore those two attempts. For the two SOWP ones, notes are your best friend.

Since you mentioned financials, my only guess is that you are spouse of a student so you need to establish your own profile / financial strength to stay in Canada and find work while having at least one year of expense at your disposal. Can't say any thing further with the info provided.