Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Please see answers in line

Amit1529 said:
Should we inform CIC about her leaving the country ?
Not really necessary if she was here at the time of application

In case we receive our new WP. How do we submit our application for the TRV ?
Does she need to send her passport to our home country visa office OR do we need to send it to canada ?
Ideally you should apply from her home country assuming she is there at that time. It should be a regular TRV application ALONG with a copy of her work permit stating the situation and should be pretty quick to receive TRV.

Please suggest.
Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lakshmikoppala said:
Hi FKL,

My Husbands SWOP was rejected on Aug29 th stating "financial and personal assets".We have provided all bank statements proof of my husbands job letter,payslips and bank statements showing 6 lakhs of funds.I have attached my job letter in canada and my pay slips.I assume my lawyer didn't keep all the bank statements for the past 3 months.He kept the last month bank statements.Can It be the reason for the rejection.I am applying for reconsideration.Ca I state that the lawyer didn't provide all the bank statements and attach the statements.

Please suggest
Hi lakshmi,

Sorry to hear that. Once you involve a lawyer and they don't do it well, there can be endless possibilities.

There is no such process as reconsideration as such. It only applies when CIC has made some mistake i.e. missed a document or made a factual error. You don't even know / have reason to suspect that is the case. Even if so, it could take much much longer than to submit a new application by yourself.

My advice, get gcms notes first and see if there is more evidence of exactly why they refused, meanwhile prepare a complete application by yourself and apply online.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
anttor said:
How long does it take to receive the passport request after passing medical? We didn't submit upfront medical.
Should not be more than 2 weeks assuming the doctor actually uploaded the medicals in time. They keep telling people your medicals are clear, but whether the actual file was submitted to CIC or not, often gets delayed.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
fkl,

CIC says 4000 cad for dependent adult and 3000 for minor.
The lawyer had asked me to show 5000 cad and i showed 6800 cad and i also put my employment certificate stating since when im working latest pay slips and a balance certificate on bank letter head. Lawyer didnt suggest for bank statement, though i asked many times if anything more.

wife's tution is all paid off and she is already working we gave her paystub. so i believe nothing went wrong with her paperwork.

I doubt it could be the bank statement that would give them more assurance about the finances. will apply for gcms but would also like to try emailing them once. what do u think? could u also advice on how to write them an email for reconsideration and wat all should we provide/mention? plz guide

thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mpvlgp said:
Hi everyone! I need some help!

I'm a 28 years old girl form Spain. I have a work permit for 4 years from august 2016 to august 2020. My boyfriend living in Spain at the moment wants to come and work for these years that I will be here in Toronto to stay together. For that reason we would like to get married and apply for a spouse open work permit for him. This can be done or you must be already married before? We can get married in Canada?

Thank you very much!

Laura
Assuming your bf is visa exempt and can enter Canada as a visitor, you can get married here and then apply for his WP Or you can get married in spain now and apply for SOWP right away. There is no requirement to have been married already. However, CIC would need more evidence for a recent marriage to ensure it is a genuine relationship and not a marriage of convenience. So they would need more things than marriage certificate only e.g. proof of past contact (marriage ceremony pics, cards, joint financials, call /chats logs transcripts - basically any thing that convinces a normal person that these guys are into a relationship would help and would be needed).

With all above being said, i am not sure if your BF is eligible for SOWP. It depends upon your type of WP. You need to have a skilled job NOC 0, A or B in order for your significant other to be eligible for SOWP. So unless your 4 year WP is for a closed work permit tied to an employer with a skilled position, you need to have job first to even consider above root.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
fkl said:
Hi lakshmi,

Sorry to hear that. Once you involve a lawyer and they don't do it well, there can be endless possibilities.

There is no such process as reconsideration as such. It only applies when CIC has made some mistake i.e. missed a document or made a factual error. You don't even know / have reason to suspect that is the case. Even if so, it could take much much longer than to submit a new application by yourself.

My advice, get gcms notes first and see if there is more evidence of exactly why they refused, meanwhile prepare a complete application by yourself and apply online.

Thank you Fkl for the suggestions.I have applied for Gcms notes already .but meanwhile waiting for gcms notes ,I wanted to check and see if the lawyer submitted the documents correctly because the lawyer misguided me twice.So we are applying the reconsideration ourself not seeking the lawyer help any more. My husband is applying the reconsideration form India.we are mentioning to check the supporting documents for finance has been provided correctly are not.I am sure the lawyer didn't keep the history of the bank statements .whAts the time. Period for the reconsideration usually ? Incase after 1 month we don't get any re apply from them and how to cancel it or go further ?can you pleas suggest
I showed 4000 cad in my account and my husband showed 6 laks as he was working .we showed his Payslips and all

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
Maaftgbkum said:
My eta has changed it was in progress but now it's final decision not started?
What it means?

Hi Maaftgbkum

I guess you will have to wait till you get your PP or and confirmed email, usually when the status changes it means final decision has been made. Heard a same from one of the guy in a different thread. i would say wait till you get your PP.

Thanks

Jun 1, 2015
Matthewpr said:
Hi Lakshmi,

I got an update today for passport request came....I am soooooo happy now. thanks to all my friends. Hope u will get an +ve update soon..
Hey Matthew, many congrats.
what financial documents did you attach with your file? Did you attach any property documents etc to show that you are financially linked to your home country?
And which attorney's services did you guys choose in Canada?

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matthewpr said:
Hi Lakshmi,

I got an update today for passport request came....I am soooooo happy now. thanks to all my friends. Hope u will get an +ve update soon..
When did you apply? And where is your application being processed?

mpvlgp

Sep 5, 2016
fkl said:
Assuming your bf is visa exempt and can enter Canada as a visitor, you can get married here and then apply for his WP Or you can get married in spain now and apply for SOWP right away. There is no requirement to have been married already. However, CIC would need more evidence for a recent marriage to ensure it is a genuine relationship and not a marriage of convenience. So they would need more things than marriage certificate only e.g. proof of past contact (marriage ceremony pics, cards, joint financials, call /chats logs transcripts - basically any thing that convinces a normal person that these guys are into a relationship would help and would be needed).

With all above being said, i am not sure if your BF is eligible for SOWP. It depends upon your type of WP. You need to have a skilled job NOC 0, A or B in order for your significant other to be eligible for SOWP. So unless your 4 year WP is for a closed work permit tied to an employer with a skilled position, you need to have job first to even consider above root.
Thank you FKL!
Yes I'm a skilled job B. So, He can enter as a tourist and then after we get married, he can apply for the open work permit?
Thanks again,

Laura

rawhh

May 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,

While waiting for my wife's open work permit, I looked through all the posts so far in this topic.

I read that few people got their visa approved, Many congratulations to em and few got refusal, which made me nervous when I started reading posts in mid august and week later we got medical request for my wife.

But Since now my wife got her visa stamped So I am here to thank you every one for posting their situations here that really boost each other to be patient.

I would like to share my wife's visa time line as under:

It was paper application in vfs New Delhi with upfront passport but not medical

Marriage date: April 02, 2016

Vfs application date: July 19th, 2016

Medical Request: 29th August, 2016

Passport collection: September 09,2016

Once again I really thank you everyone for posting here.

I use to be an immigration agent far back in 2009-2011, So process was bit easy for me but was still little nervous because I know how visa and high commission things work And also because of the changes in processes lately.

I would look forward for any questions here, would be happy if I am of any help to someone

Thanks

mpvlgp

Sep 5, 2016
rawhh said:
Hello Everyone,

While waiting for my wife's open work permit, I looked through all the posts so far in this topic.

I read that few people got their visa approved, Many congratulations to em and few got refusal, which made me nervous when I started reading posts in mid august and week later we got medical request for my wife.

But Since now my wife got her visa stamped So I am here to thank you every one for posting their situations here that really boost each other to be patient.

I use to be an immigration agent far back in 2009-2011, So process was bit easy for me but was still little nervous because I know how visa and high commission things work And also because of the changes in processes lately.

I would look forward for any questions here, would be happy if I am of any help to someone

Thanks
Hi!! Congratulations!

I would like to ask you some questions!
1- Do you have submitted more proofs of your relationship in addition to the marriage certificate? I mean photos or documents proving that is not a convenience marriage?

2- I have a work permit and We would like to apply for an open work permit for my boyfriend, but we are not married yet. Do you think that he can enter into Canada as a tourist and we can get married in canada?

Thank's a lot!!

Laura

rawhh

May 11, 2016
Hello Laura,

First of all thanks

1. Yes, I did submit a lot of proof to prove my marriage as my case was little weak as it is my wife's second marriage with me but I would really like to tell you one important thing to deal with high commission and that is, Never avoid submitting more documents because its never a pain for high commission to see lots of documents for proving one thing than less documents which could be forged easily.

2. Your situation can only be answered once you tell me about your boy friend's country, In case he is not with you in same country from last year or so how would you prove a common-law relationship or say de-facto relation. And if we consider about tourist visa then he will have to apply that by himself (possibility are rare that he would get one as again depends on his situation and country), But you won't be any of help to him in that visa since you cannot show proof's of your relationship and even if you do still tourist visa on spouse basis is very rare.

ktom

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
None
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
rawhh said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Hi, I have applied through VFS in New Zealand, would be interested in knowing how did you find the online application tracking. Did you get timely updates or could you see any changes of the status on the tracking whatsoever? My one has been saying being processed at the Sydney immigration office since day 1, and it's been couple weeks now so not sure what to expect and when. The processing time here should be 5 weeks, so slightly worried there has not been any update

Thank you

Kristina

Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mpvlgp said:
Thank you FKL!
Yes I'm a skilled job B. So, He can enter as a tourist and then after we get married, he can apply for the open work permit?
Thanks again,

Laura
You are most welcome. Yes, you can do that. Just make sure that you include ample proof of your position being NOC B. This means job offer / experience letter describing duties in enough detail as CIC describes on NOC websites. Also pay stubs / tax returns etc. if you have those. If that NOC requires a university degree, and you have that, please include a copy of diploma as well.

Lastly, check that your wage is the same or higher than the average wage for that NOC in your province. This info for Canada is available online. Let me know if you couldn't find the official references by searching some thing like "Wages by NOC in Canada"