+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

MUPAX

May 3, 2016
OWP2015Dec did a good job in summarizing the overall thing. I had glanced it..will look at it again.

just couple of things which all of us should keep in mind while posting on forum -
1) dont expect someone to resolve your query if you aren't willing to do some hardwork (read as research) - people keep on posting similar query without reading the 200+ pages in this thread itself! All i did was read and apply. I posted my experience once everything was done.
Bottom line - reading helps!

2) any third party will make your case more complex than it already is. Avoid it if you can.

3) Angry behavior towards consulate folks wont help. They work on the principle of rejection. (think about it from other way around.. 1000 people apply to one office daily .. if i reject most at smallest of issues--i do my job in the best way)

i am in no way belittling any party here but its worthwhile thinking how things are working in practicality rather than the other way around. (also this will help in making all the documents for the application)

Cheers and goodluck to you

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
yadav said:
hey hiransiddharth,

When didu apply ? share ur timeline thanks
1st applied on 4th March
Rejected on 29 th April

Re-applied 9th May
Medical req 8th July
Medicals done 13th July
Medical received 16th July
Medicals passed and PPR 28th July

Regards,
Sid

Linzar

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Sandyhere said:
Hey Linzar
Did you send your wife's medical report upfront? I applied for my wife's SOWP and visa without medicals, cause my attorney said we don't need to send medicals at all. Thanks :)
@Sandyhere - Yup I did upfront medical. I applied online and as per the checklist from the eligibility tool I had to submit medicals. So to expedite the process we did a upfront medical. The medical requirement depends upon (present n past )country of residence.Would suggest you to cross check online to avoid unnecessary delay in future.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
hiransiddharth,

gudluck for ur future u were only 17 days extra from ur processing period of 9 weeks. seems like they r trying to do may and june applicants timely and slowly moving to april.

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
yadav said:
hiransiddharth,

gudluck for ur future u were only 17 days extra from ur processing period of 9 weeks. seems like they r trying to do may and june applicants timely and slowly moving to april.
Thanks @yadav :) .

Regards,
Sid

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks OWP2015Dec..

I am 28 n spouse 27..
I am Masters here and have work experience of 4 years, to further expand horizons, i am looking forward to Canada.
As I am a Pharmacist and so is my spouse.

Funds are not a problem for me but time certainly is,
I cant delay much as of now, so I can't risk to be rejected, on the contrary, being with spouse is also equally important to me.

Should I leave the consultants and apply for both of us together SP and OSWP...

OWP2015Dec said:
You're welcome. I do want to clarify that whatever I have stated is based on my understanding (mostly from research and reading forum discussions). You may want to check it with an expert such as an immigration lawyer.

I have always found transparency to be beneficial - not just in the matters of immigration, but in all business and personal interactions. I'm not sure why the consultancies are recommending you to apply alone, but again, I don't know your full circumstances and I am also not an expert to comment :). Perhaps it might be best if you ask them to explain the reasons for their recommendation.

Most importantly, do evaluate whether you are able to live separate from your spouse for an extended period. As you can see on this forum, it can become a challenge especially with the uncertainty about when your spouse may get their work permit. Other things to consider are whether your finances allow you to support your spouse while they're looking for employment.

Shezzy

Aug 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I am in process of applying for wife SOWP, I will apply on Monday. Can anyone help me with some good points in SOP?

If there are some important points or some important element that I should add in my file please help me with that and let me know.

Thank you so much in advance.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Vishrut1987 said:
Thanks OWP2015Dec..

I am 28 n spouse 27..
I am Masters here and have work experience of 4 years, to further expand horizons, i am looking forward to Canada.
As I am a Pharmacist and so is my spouse.

Funds are not a problem for me but time certainly is,
I cant delay much as of now, so I can't risk to be rejected, on the contrary, being with spouse is also equally important to me.

Should I leave the consultants and apply for both of us together SP and OSWP...
Hi,

As previously mentioned, I am not an expert in these matters and I don't want to give you any advice that may be potentially incorrect. However, I will give you some guidance on the steps that I would follow. First, set up consultations with 2-3 reputed immigration lawyers, preferably Canada based (even better if they have a local office in the city where you and your wife currently reside).

You may be provided a questionnaire in advance of the consultation. Please fill it out diligently and try to include all relevant facts regarding yourself and your wife. These consultations are not too expensive and may cost around $100 each. Have your wife listen to the consultation also so that you both can jointly decide whether to apply together and also, whether to use a lawyer.

During the consultation, ask the lawyer what their recommendation is, together with the reasons for their recommendation.

During the consultation, also ask the lawyers about the timelines for Study Permit and SOWP. Also, ask them if the normal processing time of either application is exceeded, how frequently would they follow up with CIC.

Lastly, ask them whether they will be willing to take your phone calls every 15 days or so after the normal processing time has exceeded so that you may discuss the next course of action to be taken.

Ask any other questions that you can think of such as fee, payment schedule etc.

Once you take this important step, things will become a lot clearer to you.

Hope this helps.

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks OWP2015Dec..

That was really well guided..

OWP2015Dec said:
Hi,

As previously mentioned, I am not an expert in these matters and I don't want to give you any advice that may be potentially incorrect. However, I will give you some guidance on the steps that I would follow. First, set up consultations with 2-3 reputed immigration lawyers, preferably Canada based (even better if they have a local office in the city where you and your wife currently reside).

You may be provided a questionnaire in advance of the consultation. Please fill it out diligently and try to include all relevant facts regarding yourself and your wife. These consultations are not too expensive and may cost around $100 each. Have your wife listen to the consultation also so that you both can jointly decide whether to apply together and also, whether to use a lawyer.

During the consultation, ask the lawyer what their recommendation is, together with the reasons for their recommendation.

During the consultation, also ask the lawyers about the timelines for Study Permit and SOWP. Also, ask them if the normal processing time of either application is exceeded, how frequently would they follow up with CIC.

Lastly, ask them whether they will be willing to take your phone calls every 15 days or so after the normal processing time has exceeded so that you may discuss the next course of action to be taken.

Ask any other questions that you can think of such as fee, payment schedule etc.

Once you take this important step, things will become a lot clearer to you.

Hope this helps.

risangha

May 1, 2016
Hello Guys

Any updates from Chandigarh?
I applied on May 4th, paper application with upfront medicals. Still waiting.... :(

Srik00909

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hi did anyone applied for spouse open work permit on June July in Bangalore vfs with upfront medical n paper based application