+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks, yadav..

OWP2015Dec if you can help me on this.....

Thanks in advance...

yadav said:
Vishrut1987,

all the lawyers and consultants will ask u to refrain from applying together as it holds a huge to risk of both being refused. rather u will be recommended that let student spouse secure the visa first. then u shld only apply wen ur spouse is already in canada.

rest OWP2015Dec can comment more on this.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Vishrut1987 said:
Thanks OWP2015Dec,
That was really helpful and descriptive...+1
Yes, we got the combined application package, around 400$.

The tool also tells to submit some document for TRV, in this case if we are applying for OWP what document should we submit?
And why are so many consultancy denying to carry my spouse with me, how to move ahead, should i apply myself then and wait .....
You're welcome. I do want to clarify that whatever I have stated is based on my understanding (mostly from research and reading forum discussions). You may want to check it with an expert such as an immigration lawyer.

I have always found transparency to be beneficial - not just in the matters of immigration, but in all business and personal interactions. I'm not sure why the consultancies are recommending you to apply alone, but again, I don't know your full circumstances and I am also not an expert to comment :). Perhaps it might be best if you ask them to explain the reasons for their recommendation.

Most importantly, do evaluate whether you are able to live separate from your spouse for an extended period. As you can see on this forum, it can become a challenge especially with the uncertainty about when your spouse may get their work permit. Other things to consider are whether your finances allow you to support your spouse while they're looking for employment.

Linzar

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Guys, After a long wait of almost 3 months, my spouse finally got her passport request today. This application tested our patience till the edge.
Following is our timeline
SP and SOWP : Applied on 29th April
SP approved : 9th May
SOWP Passport Request: 28th july

I made multiple CSE's. Did not get reply for any.

All u guys waiting for visa are in my prayers.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Linzar said:
Guys, After a long wait of almost 3 months, my spouse finally got her passport request today. This application tested our patience till the edge.

Congratulations Linzar!

Hi Yadav, it seems your information was correct and we'll hopefully hear good news for you and others (including me).

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Linzar,

WOW great news buddy, wish u and ur wife best for the future together. :)

OWP2015Dec,

I hope all get this news soonest. I just enroll my daughter in a play school today. I'm sure this will help her if ever i get my visa soon. Though our best efforts remain to take her by Dec this yr. Afterall we all are making so much effort for our loved ones. Some may think we r selfish n so desperate for this. But reality is different, our child's future our parents elderly care all will secured with this one opportunity for us.

A chance for us to make them proud and assure them we r always there for them. God bless all of us.

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hey Linzar

Congratulations n gud luck to u both.
Juss wanted to know where did u apply from??
N wt ws d mode of application?? Online or paper??

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
I did ask the lawyer n they said no need to make any petition and just wait.
I did ask my mp for suggestion on filing a petition this is what she replied:

"No problem at all, I am here to help! I must say though, I am not familiar with the petition process. If it has had success in the past, it may be a good option. However, I am not trained to advise in such a way so I really cannot tell you if you should do this or not.

If you decide to go forward with the petition, I do not think that it would harm your chances in anyway. Hopefully, it helps the situation if enough people are on board but I am unsure what CIC will have to say.

I apologize that I am unable to give you a straight answer but as I do not work for CIC, I am unsure what their response is to the petition will be."

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
OWP2015Dec said:
Congratulations Linzar!

Hi Yadav, it seems your information was correct and we'll hopefully hear good news for you and others (including me).
Congrats Linzar, I applied on April 28th, still waiting

Sandyhere

Oct 26, 2015
Linzar said:

Hey Linzar
Did you send your wife's medical report upfront? I applied for my wife's SOWP and visa without medicals, cause my attorney said we don't need to send medicals at all. Thanks :)

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
Hello Guys,

I applied for PR with my wife, I am in Canada and my wife is in back home Pakistan. My wife also applied for the open work permit and medical will be due somewhere in September if all goes good. My question is that her workpermit and PR medical is expected in September. Is that possible if she go for upfront medical and send medical to both application?

Please guide me on this, it would be good if someone specific from Pakistan did this.

thanks.

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Hey Guys,
Just a quick question... we got passport request today.. Do we need to go physically and submit or we can use carrier to send ?

It doesn't say that we need to submit it physically on our passport submission letter. Please advise.

Warm Regards,
Sid

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
kalpan said:
sid,
submit at nearest VFS. CIC trusts VFS very well or you can go to delhi and submit at the counter.
Thanks for the valuable feedback :)