+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
fkl said:
You are most welcome. A little bit hard to follow. But if I understood correctly, your son came to Canada with a return ticket in Jan 16, because he had a visitor visa only. Now he is going back in June and you are worried whether you would need to buy ANOTHER return ticket when he comes again to Canada. So yes, if he has a study permit approved by then, he can certainly purchase a one way ticket.

Also a purchased ticket is not the end of the world. Usually you can cancel it too against a fee (could be small if cancellation is done well in advance). So either way, it shouldn't be a big deal. You are okay as long as you do not violate your intended duration of stay in Canada.
Hi FLK,

CIC sent study permit ( secured document) to us. The paper look like the format you sent me format little bit different but the style and color the same. It is really study permit we do not need to get at cross border.

Thanks a lot for your help

Thang

fadii

Apr 10, 2016
Hi,
My wife applied for Open spouse work permit on February 22nd 2016, online application, which went to Islamabad office. We got our upfront medicals done mid-May. Today received the rejection with following reasons:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. In reaching this decision i considered several factors including:
- Travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- current employment situation
- personal assets and financial status
Other reasons:
- in sufficient support of bona fides of marriage
Now i am planning to re-apply with paper based application but would really appreciate for your suggestions which could actually make application strong and get rid of all these objections.
Thanks

Arij

Mar 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fadii said:
Hi,
My wife applied for Open spouse work permit on February 22nd 2016, online application, which went to Islamabad office. We got our upfront medicals done mid-May. Today received the rejection with following reasons:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. In reaching this decision i considered several factors including:
- Travel history
Other reasons:
Now i am planning to re-apply with paper based application but would really appreciate for your suggestions which could actually make application strong and get rid of all these objections.
Thanks
Are you on study permit?

shauryaroy

Apr 11, 2016
I have secured admission for an Executive MBA at Rotman and I want to apply for a SOWP from New Delhi. I have a couple of queries

1. Should i appply online or with a paper application? I am planning to leave in the next 2 months

2. I could not figure our what to write and upload for the following in the SOWP application

# Purpose of travel - Other - What information do i have to provide here? My wife will be accompanying me and will return after the course finishes.

# Letter of explanation - What information do i have to provide in this ? Could your list out the documents, if any

Please guide

Thanks

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Help needed.

today i linked my paper application submitted at vfs new delhi to mycic account and got the application number. I did not know we could do that.

I submitted the application on 18th march with upfront medicals. it says we need you your medical information and we sent you this requirement on 20th april. i did not get any mail from cic. is there any way to upload my document online. my online status says we need info from you but there is no place to upload document. Do you some one know how to contact cic through phone so that i can request them to open the upload document link so that i can upload the copy.

Please help.

fadii

Apr 10, 2016
@Arij..No i am on PGWP and my wife applying for SOWP. If you have any suggestions to help us improve our case, please do let me know.

bberry

Jan 7, 2016
Hi everyone, please i have an urgent issue:

1. I am currently a full-time student and my kids are on visitor visa. Their status expires in two weeks and I am about to apply for their study permit. Do I also have to apply for an extension of their visitor status along with the study permit application so that they are on implied status until a decision is made?

2. Also my husband is meant to apply for SOWP when he gets here in a week's time. Is it advisable I wait until he gets here so that he can apply together with the kids? Or, should I just go ahead with the children's application, considering that they have very little time left?

I am particularly confused about the implied status for my kids. I don't want them to lose their status.

Thanks so much for your anticipated feedback!

MUPAX

May 3, 2016
fadii said:
Hi,
- Travel history
Other reasons:
Thanks
With the limited knowledge that I have, I believe following should be done:
1) Marriage Proof - Marriage Certificate + Invitation Cards + Some Pics. However, if the passport has spouse name entry then that is the best.
2) Personal Assets - This has to be her account with good amount of savings (open for interpretation - check the forum for some tentative amount) or in case her account doesnt have it then some undertaking by you or her in-laws suggesting she will be supported in times of need.
3) Her Travel History - you cant do much here. may be short trip to south east asia or can be ignored.
4) Connect with home country - Open Work Permit is a Temporary Resident type of Visa. So the nature of temporary visit needs to be fulfilled i.e. why will your wife go back since you are working on PGWP and she gets a job there?? You need to prove she WILL be going back in some time.

you may also include return flight tickets for her but that is a long shot. Paper based application or online application is varying a lot in terms of timelines (country level i.e.) so plz check.
Regards,
M

MUPAX

May 3, 2016
shauryaroy said:
I have secured admission for an Executive MBA at Rotman and I want to apply for a SOWP from New Delhi. I have a couple of queries

1. Should i appply online or with a paper application? I am planning to leave in the next 2 months

2. I could not figure our what to write and upload for the following in the SOWP application

# Purpose of travel - Other - What information do i have to provide here? My wife will be accompanying me and will return after the course finishes.

# Letter of explanation - What information do i have to provide in this ? Could your list out the documents, if any

Please guide

Thanks
Please read the forum posts before you post this. All the queries are answered.
For summary:
1) Purpose of Travel means some proof stating she will come back.
2) Letter of Explanation is simply a cover letter.
Right now, based on personal experience, I recommend the paper based application for New Delhi Consulate. Also, your 2 month timeline maybe a little short for complete processing .. get upfront medicals asap before app submission.
Regards,
M

MUPAX

May 3, 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
Help needed.

today i linked my paper application submitted at vfs new delhi to mycic account and got the application number. I did not know we could do that.

I submitted the application on 18th march with upfront medicals. it says we need you your medical information and we sent you this requirement on 20th april. i did not get any mail from cic. is there any way to upload my document online. my online status says we need info from you but there is no place to upload document. Do you some one know how to contact cic through phone so that i can request them to open the upload document link so that i can upload the copy.

Please help.
Drop a mail to the consulate asap with application reference number (s).
They will help you out.
It could be that the difference between your medicals and app submission was too short (less than 2 weeks) so by the time they reviewed you the medicals hadn't reached them. The test centers are lousy and just there to make money.
Regards,
M

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
MUPAX said:
Drop a mail to the consulate asap with application reference number (s).
They will help you out.
It could be that the difference between your medicals and app submission was too short (less than 2 weeks) so by the time they reviewed you the medicals hadn't reached them. The test centers are lousy and just there to make money.
Regards,
M
Hi Thanks for your reply, i appreciate.

I have submitted the document online through the Case Specific enquiry web form. Will that work or do i need to send them hard copy?

Vishal100

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Dear All,

I am Job Title: Assistant physiotherapist (Other Assisting Occupation in health related services - NOC C 3414) in Canada and currently on open work permit, I will to call my spouse who is currently in India.

However, I am physiotherapist from India (Which fall under NOC A 3142).

Can I apply for SOWP for my wife, wish to make paper application from India.

Thank you,