+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Munny

Nov 15, 2013
ashpur88 said:
Wow that is quite an impressive timeline. Congrats on the approval.

Regarding your question about applicable fees, my wife submitted her Passport with the request letter just today in Hyderabad VFS office (we got our passport request on May 18th). The applicable fees are basically the fees that VFS will charge for their services which you will be charged when you go to submit your passport. My wife was charged INR 980.

Congrats bro.. I am in same boat as you ..please can you provide me through which consultancy you applied your profile. Please email me on mohit.dhawan18@gmail.com. Help would be highly appreciated.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hi.i am 52 years old women Canadian citizen. I have only one 32 years old son who lives in Europe. How I can sponsor to came here and live together?It is possible to sponsor to work in my business?thanks

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munny said:
Congrats bro.. I am in same boat as you ..please can you provide me through which consultancy you applied your profile. Please email me on mohit.dhawan18@gmail.com. Help would be highly appreciated.
I did not apply through a consultancy. I applied myself using the online process.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,

Anyone from India who has submitted Passport via VFS after passport request from CIC?

Could you please let me know how long did it take for you guys to get the stamped passport back? VFS claims 5 business days.

I would like to know if this is true.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaftgbkum said:

Does it need a job offer?

The IMM 1295 under DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA serial 2 requires Details of prospective employer ( attach original offer of employment), a) Name of Employer, b) Complete address of Employer. What should I put there? What about serial 3,4,5?

My wife is a Canadian citizen. Should I apply for SOWP after my wife submits sponsor application for my PR?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

My wife's SOWP got approved and she will travel from India sometime in June. What documents should she keep with her handy for the immigration when she lands in Toronto? I am assuming her stamped passport and the WP should be enough. Does she need to carry anything else (copy of my WP etc.)?

Thanks

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
ashpur88 said:
Hi everyone,

My wife's SOWP got approved and she will travel from India sometime in June. What documents should she keep with her handy for the immigration when she lands in Toronto? I am assuming her stamped passport and the WP should be enough. Does she need to carry anything else (copy of my WP etc.)?

Thanks
May be a copy of your work permit and also t keep your address and job details like company name and title is more tahn enough! Congrats

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lilua said:
Does it need a job offer?

The IMM 1295 under DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA serial 2 requires Details of prospective employer ( attach original offer of employment), a) Name of Employer, b) Complete address of Employer. What should I put there? What about serial 3,4,5?

My wife is a Canadian citizen. Should I apply for SOWP after my wife submits sponsor application for my PR?
No it does not need a job offer in case of spousal open work permit. You can just mention, "Not Applicable - Spouse dependent work permit" in details of employer fields.

However, you are not eligible for SOWP being spouse of a Canadian citizen. You are eligible for PR sponsorship only. The only case in which you could apply for an Open work permit (not dependent on spouse) is that if you apply in land for your PR i.e. you are already in Canada and filed your application for PR inland and while it is in process, you need to continue staying / working in Canada.

Normally SOWP is only for spouse of workers / students who need to come with their family to Canada. Spouse of a citizen or PR should straight forward apply for sponsorship. If that is outland, they have to wait till a decision is made on that.

gssidhu90

Jun 8, 2014
Hi All,

I need some help. I am a PGWP holder now. However my spouse came to Canada on an Open Work permit, which she got as a dependent on my study permit at that time. I got a job month ago, but I am not able to pin point the NOC code. Now her work permit is going to expire in 6 months. However she got a job offer week ago. Can she now extend her work permit on her own ? (without my job's NOC code).
Thanks in advance for the help.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
gssidhu90 said:
Hi All,

I need some help. I am a PGWP holder now. However my spouse came to Canada on an Open Work permit, which she got as a dependent on my study permit at that time. I got a job month ago, but I am not able to pin point the NOC code. Now her work permit is going to expire in 6 months. However she got a job offer week ago. Can she now extend her work permit on her own ? (without my job's NOC code).
Thanks in advance for the help.
Nopes - unless her employer files an LMIA for her (or she has a relatively unique job which is LMIA exempt - there aren't many example is a particular university researcher position for a niche area), she cannot get a work permit on her own.

I am not sure why pin pointing a NOC is a big deal assuming your NOC is still skilled and you have a job for that too - both of which are requirements for SOWP.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gssidhu90 said:
Hi fkl,

My title at work is not exactly there in NOC list. That is why I am having confusion to select a NOC code.
The easiest way would be to ask your HR. You will need the HR to print out a letter stating your employment details, job duties and NOC to apply for a SOWP.