Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Manpreet bala said:
Hi guru

I have applied on 13 feb its been more than 3 mnths no update yet .Have you applied without medical ?
W8ing for medicals

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
HARSH131010190 said:
i have got CSQ( from quebec its a same as PNP.)
I am working in NOC B job .and my wife is in india .i wanna apply for her visa .do i need to show proof of funds in her account in india?
or can i get afidavite of support from her dad in india and put her father bank statement and land and house valuation report including affidavite of support from her dad and i show 10000$ in canadian bank , is that gonna work?

and its good to attach PNP latter or not?

please suggest me guys i am confused.
You do not require proof of funds for her SOWP eligibility if you are working on a NOC B job provided it can easily be verified as a good NOC B position with wage above median for that NOC in Quebec.

However, attaching a decent proof of funds (not too much, what you mentioned above is good enough) will have a positive effect on your application.

Since you have a CSQ, you should certainly attach it to your application since it makes a much stronger case for eventual PR.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Has the timeline on dependent visa improved ? I saw someone here who applied on April 26 and got it approved already, was it like a one time thing ? I have applied for my wife's dependent visa from Bangalore, India on 6th of May , just wondering if the timelines have improved and is it likely to get a status update within a month.

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Hi guys,

Finally after a long wait my spouse got approval email for SOWP today.

Time line: I am master's student in Canada and my spouse applied from Pakistan paper based application with upfront medical.

Applied: 12 Jan 2016
Approval: 25 May 2016

Thank you very much as i use to follow all conversations on this page but do not actively participate. If any one needs my help, contact me.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Hi good people...

I need one clarification regarding SOPW...

Is the better solution for us this option: My husband to apply for study visa, and me and the children to stay in our country.

I have a decent work in my home country, in stead of no work in Canada. And after a couple of months me and the children to apply for visitors visa, and have better chance? (When my husband applies for PGWP)

Or is it better to submit open work visa application together with my husband study visa application?

Thanks in advance

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hello All,

I applied for my wife's SOWP on March 18th,2016. Paper based application submitted at VFS New Delhi. The application in still in processing. it's already been more than two months. Is someone in the same situation. Or did someone got approved who applied around that time in New Delhi. I will appreciate your reply.

Thanks in advance.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
nikhil.bhatia said:
Hello All,

I applied for my wife's SOWP on March 18th,2016. Paper based application submitted at VFS New Delhi. The application in still in processing. it's already been more than two months. Is someone in the same situation. Or did someone got approved who applied around that time in New Delhi. I will appreciate your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Same here ,I have applied for my husband on March 18 online with out medicals no update still..

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
runaway982 said:
Is the better solution for us this option: My husband to apply for study visa, and me and the children to stay in our country.

I have a decent work in my home country, in stead of no work in Canada. And after a couple of months me and the children to apply for visitors visa, and have better chance? (When my husband applies for PGWP)

Or is it better to submit open work visa application together with my husband study visa application?
I don't think your likelihood of getting an SOWP increases/decreases depending on if your spouse is a worker or student. There are just different criteria you need to meet.

If you decide to apply after he gets his PGWP, you will have to wait till he gets a skilled job (NOC O, A or B). Preferably, you should wait till he gets 3-4 pay slips before applying.

If you decide to apply when he is a Student, you will have to show sufficient funds to sustain your family's stay in Canada till the end of his study permit.

If you can get a Visitor Visa and you decide to come to Canada and then apply (while husband is still a student), you will apply as an Inland applicant which seems to have a faster processing time these days.

It ultimately comes down to how comfortable you are with living apart, or living in Canada without a job or waiting till he finds a skilled job post his graduation.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ashpur88 said:
I don't think your likelihood of getting an SOWP increases/decreases depending on if your spouse is a worker or student. There are just different criteria you need to meet.

If you decide to apply after he gets his PGWP, you will have to wait till he gets a skilled job (NOC O, A or B). Preferably, you should wait till he gets 3-4 pay slips before applying.

If you decide to apply when he is a Student, you will have to show sufficient funds to sustain your family's stay in Canada till the end of his study permit.

If you can get a Visitor Visa and you decide to come to Canada and then apply (while husband is still a student), you will apply as an Inland applicant which seems to have a faster processing time these days.

It ultimately comes down to how comfortable you are with living apart, or living in Canada without a job or waiting till he finds a skilled job post his graduation.
Applying for visitor status (short term one) while being spouse of a student / worker is a very bad idea and would likely be refused. Unless of course you are applying via a different basis for Visitor visa. Spouse of some one living in Canada intends to live with them as long as they are there. They do not intend to visit for a short trip.

While criteria is different for dependent of a worker vs student, it is far easier and simpler for a worker because of a few factors.

E.g. if you have a stable job offer from Canada (worker), you do not need ANY proof of funds.

Profile of some one getting such a job is likely very strong with well paid job in home country. This serves as strong ties.

Also if you are applying alone as a student, having family back home serves as a strong tie and makes it easier to get visa. When you apply with family, CIC tries to ensure you have a profile of some one with ties to home country who won't stay illegally in Canada. They have no issues with people legally settling in Canada.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
fkl said:
Applying for visitor status (short term one) while being spouse of a student / worker is a very bad idea and would likely be refused. Unless of course you are applying via a different basis for Visitor visa. Spouse of some one living in Canada intends to live with them as long as they are there. They do not intend to visit for a short trip.

While criteria is different for dependent of a worker vs student, it is far easier and simpler for a worker because of a few factors.

E.g. if you have a stable job offer from Canada (worker), you do not need ANY proof of funds.

Profile of some one getting such a job is likely very strong with well paid job in home country. This serves as strong ties.

Also if you are applying alone as a student, having family back home serves as a strong tie and makes it easier to get visa. When you apply with family, CIC tries to ensure you have a profile of some one with ties to home country who won't stay illegally in Canada. They have no issues with people legally settling in Canada.

Thank you both @ashpur88 and @fkl for your fast and in-depth answer.
So which option do you believe is better for my situation.

To apply after he gets PGWP, or to be included in his study visa application.

Does it mean that if my husband gets a study visa, I would be refused for a visitor visa? How would be possible to see him, if I don`t stand a chance for visitor visa?

I have a decent long-term, full-time job for the last 15 years (I am working in the public administration and I could get unpaid leave for maximum 3 mounts), in addition with my properties - (car and a apartment) - would this relations be enough to demonstrate as a prove that I have intent to get back home?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
runaway982 said:
Thank you both @ashpur88 and @fkl for your fast and in-depth answer.
So which option do you believe is better for my situation.

To apply after he gets PGWP, or to be included in his study visa application.

Does it mean that if my husband gets a study visa, I would be refused for a visitor visa? How would be possible to see him, if I don`t stand a chance for visitor visa?

I have a decent long-term, full-time job for the last 15 years (I am working in the public administration and I could get unpaid leave for maximum 3 mounts), in addition with my properties - (car and a apartment) - would this relations be enough to demonstrate as a prove that I have intent to get back home?
If you have enough funds and have a stable job in home country that could serve well for ties, You should apply together now with his study visa application.

You will likely be refused for a short term VISIT visa if you apply based upon your husband's status.

The correct way in that scenario would be to apply for SOWP or temp resident visa with visitor record (i.e you apply for a TRV but you state your intended duration for stay is more than six months - basically you intend to live with your spouse). You will undergo medicals, will have the same processing time as a work permit, but once approved you would get medicals in Canada too and you wont have restriction of staying there only for 6 months in one trip.

You can apply for SOWP now (assuming you have funds and otherwise strong profile) Or you could apply latter once your husband is there and settled and making good progress on his academic program too.

The simple point is that his status cannot be used for a short term visit visa application for you.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
@fkl

Thanks for prompt clarification. Now I understand better, and the main issue is to apply for TRV not VISITOR.

Because, basically I would be living there temporarily. I see what you are saying.

You were very helpful, really appreciate it. ;D

Cheers

HER

May 5, 2016
guru1313 said:
W8ing for medicals
Yo guys just came to know that outside of chandigarh embassy its written that "we are very busy so processing time will be higher than normal, if possible dont apply in may and june