Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lakshmikoppala said:
HI FKL
I Have applied for my husband SOWp on march 18th through online through lawyer in canada.No updates still.We havent done any medicals still.'s it still going to take more time.or else Can I do a SOWP paper application in india or apply for Visit visa which takes less time.It almost 2 months now.We are in dilemma now ?Please suggest.
It surely can take more time. And you won't really want to submit a new application two months into submitting the first one. Where ever you apply, the processing time would roughly be the same. His application likely will be processed in India since he is in India. Yes CIC can load balance and move applications at times, but that is not in applicant's control. Applying through a lawyer from inside Canada doesn't make it processed inside Canada.

Even if that was the case, currently there are plenty of people applying from inside Canada taking more than 2 - even 3-4 months of processing time.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
JazzB said:
Hello everyone,

I need a help from you guys.

I have a friend of mine. He was an international student and did two courses of 8 months each (total 16 months) considered to be 2 program of 1 year each. Ideally he should get two or three years post-graduation work permit after his studies. But he got work-permit of only for one year. When he called CIC they said that they didn't check his documents properly and they will process the request and send updated work permit within next three months.

Now problem is when he got hard copy of his work permit in mail, there is different UCI number mentioned on it than what was on the student permit.

He want to get visitor visa so that he can visit his country and come back in canada.

So what should be done at this time??

Please suggest.
Only CIC can best suggest what can be done about it. Your friend should submit a case specific inquiry indicating the error.

I hope they would issue a new work permit with the correct UCI and meanwhile he can keep the current one.

Getting a visitor visa processed is separate from Work permits. It is straight forward process if you have a valid work permit. However, this UCI issue might haunt him and I have no idea what would happen.

My advice is to not do any thing (i.e. not apply for visitor visa) until CIC solves the issue. Raise a CSE and follow it up with phone call once every 20 days.

Going outside the country can certainly complicate things for him.

If he badly wants that, may be including the situation in a trv application could be helpful. But I don't know how CIC would act in this case. Most likely they will first fix the work permit and would ask you to apply after that for TRV.

May 3, 2016
OpenWorkPermit said:
Hello,

I'm applying for a new open work permit soon (I'm a software engineer). My wife is an international student in Québec, and more than 3 years left from now to finish her studies. I wish be with her as soon as possible.
Just for your info, I'm wondering for proof of funds, I got a rejection last month, because I got $10k into my account 10 days before submitting my bak statement among my funds's proof.

The reasons for my refusal as mentined below :

- Your chattels and your financial situation.
- Your Account statements show a lack of savings and a large deposit without a known source, I am not convinced with the source of these funds or their availability for you.

BTW, I got a precious suggestion from GreenHak, and many thanks to him, to Keep the funds for at least 3 more months in the same account to prove it belong to you and you have access to the same.

But just because I've also other facilities in my hands; I will got an explanatory letter for my new application stating the following :

* The amount is transferred from local company which is an offshore of a canadian company, as advance amount that will be deducted from my salary over a period of 3 years, later.
I asked for company assistance in facilitating the endeavour of joining my wife while she finishes her Ph.D. studies in Canada.

* The Company is committed to hiring me, at the Montreal office, if I manage to obtain a work permit from the Canadian Immigration authorities and for the entire period of my stay in Québec while my wife finishes her Ph.D studies.
Upon my return to my home country with my wife after she finishes her studies, I will back to my current job at the comapny branch office in my country.

Could you please help me with your expertise, if this is acceptable and if it will help me solve my situation.

Thanks a lot guys.
Please help friends, I need your opionins about my situation

mistbelle

May 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi , UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone,

I am in abu dhabi at the moment and my husband has already relocated to Canada last Feb 2016 through Work Permit

Through his company's lawyer in Canada, they help us submit an application for SOWP (Spouse Open Work Permit) last April 13 online.

I am frequently checking the processing times in UAE, however I am not sure if its correct that I select the Spousal Sponsorship which shows 13 months or Work permit which shows 6 months.

could someone please clarify the correct processing times for my application.

thank you for the answer.

PasumarthyHarsha

May 16, 2016
Hi Guys,

Please help me, I'm applying for Spousal Work permit for my wife. I do have a PGWP till March 2017.
What kind of Immi forms should i fill

1. IMM1295E
2. IMM5645E

I have a doubt on the next form whether to fill IMM5257B_1 form or IMM5257E. Please let me know.
More over in 1295E form there's a field called "Details of Intended work in Canada" - what should i fill there (open work permit or Exemption from LMIA).

These are the documents i have, please suggest me, do i need to submit any other supporting documents.

Wife's Documents:
---------------------------------
10th certificate
Intermediate
B.tech - Provisional certificate
B.tech - Consolidated marks memo
Passport - front
Passport - Back
Health Checkup doc
Date of Birth certificate
pan card
2 Individual photos
Birth Certificate
My documents
--Last 3 months Pay slips
--Canada Work Visa
--NOC 2175
--Passport - front
--Passport - Back
--T4
--Canada Post FGraduate Work Permit
--Marriage Certificate
--Birth Certificate
--Marriage Photos
--Employer Letter
--Notice of Assessment 2015
--Application letter from Husband
Bank Statements

Please guide me.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
fkl said:
I don't see any thing strange or dilemma here. May be our definitions are different :) Obviously you didn't want to wait for your extension to apply hence you did it that way.

The best you can do is to send a case specific inquiry attaching your current work permit. Assuming your wife's passport is valid for as long, they should probably attach your newer wp with the application and issue SOWP accordingly.

And of course all of this assumes you are working / have a skilled job - NOC 0, A or B and you attached proof of that. Else CIC will not even approve it for one year.
Thanks FKL, I am currently working in a NOC 0 level job and hope that gives me atleast a year of SOW

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
rjessome said:
Not likely to be approved if two TRV refusals already.
If the SOWP is on strong grounds. every single requirement is been fulfilled and no glitch or any point of questioning has been left void, chances of an approval are very high. I have seen so many cases having 2-3 TRV rejections and then getting smooth approvals for SOWP.

bbedrich

Mar 4, 2016
Hello guys,

just need your opinion.

IIt has been already a more than three months since myself and my partner applied for visa as i was accepted to UCW to finish my Master’s degree. I’ve applied for study permit and it has been approved already. My spouse is still waiting for her spousal open work permit. The applications were lodged online within one account under my name at the same time.

Now yesterday(after more than three months) there was a message in MyCIC saying :

A temporary resident visa cannot be issued from within Canada. This type of document at a Canadian visa office abroad. Your application has been transferred to the Mission in Vienna.

So what should i do?just wait? I do not understand what this is as to be honest there is almost no way that you can do mistake because it’s all step-by-step based and you just answer questions in application process.

Is the office in Vienna going to issue TRV and then at the border they will issue an open work permit(which we obviously paid for during the online application process) as long as we meet all the requirements

Thanks for any help and have a wonderful day!

B.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
bbedrich said:
Is the office in Vienna going to issue TRV and then at the border they will issue an open work permit(which we obviously paid for during the online application process) as long as we meet all the requirements
Yes that is the process. They would also issue a letter called Letter of introduction which is sort of approval from CIC for your spouse's work permit. Actual permit is issued by CBSA upon landing, but it is pretty smooth when you already have the letter of introduction. This happens with every work permit applied from outside Canada.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mistbelle said:
hello everyone,

I am in abu dhabi at the moment and my husband has already relocated to Canada last Feb 2016 through Work Permit

Through his company's lawyer in Canada, they help us submit an application for SOWP (Spouse Open Work Permit) last April 13 online.

I am frequently checking the processing times in UAE, however I am not sure if its correct that I select the Spousal Sponsorship which shows 13 months or Work permit which shows 6 months.

could someone please clarify the correct processing times for my application.

thank you for the answer.
Spousal sponsorship is for PR. The correct estimation is what it says under work permit. A work permit holder cannot and does not sponsor any one.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
OpenWorkPermit said:
Please help friends, I need your opionins about my situation
What you already planned is good enough. Provide appropriate source of funds as well as have them continuously in your account for the period.

Plus if your employer is willing to offer you to work from their Montreal office, why don't they provide you with a formal job offer? That would have a huge positive impact on your application.

You just have to make it very explicitly clear - that your criteria for eligibility of work permit IS BASED UPON YOUR SPOUSE's education. It is only that you got a job offer from your current employer. Otherwise CIC would think of it as a job offer which requires LMIA.

However, if presented correctly this would make a strong case. Good luck

resh7155

May 9, 2016
hi
i have applied for sowp its been one and half month and no update yet.. mean while can i apply TRV or will it effect processing of my SOWP ? please help ..

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
resh7155 said:
hi
i have applied for sowp its been one and half month and no update yet.. mean while can i apply TRV or will it effect processing of my SOWP ? please help ..
I would advise against doing that because a Visitor's Visa is for a short-term temporary stay while SOWP is for a longer stay. You will be sending mixed signals to CIC by doing so.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied for my wife's SOWP online on March 14th with upfront medicals. I called CIC today and was told that online applications submitted on or before April 8th are being processed. Hopefully people who have applied before that will hear back soon.