+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Manpreet bala

May 7, 2016
fkl said:
I have absolutely no idea. Did you submit a case specific inquiry (not sure that is what you meant with enquiry mail)?
Thanks FKL for your response

Yes i have submit case specefic enquiry at CHADG-G@international.gc.ca ...but they did not reply .Its been more than 3 months .I have applied on 13 feb .Even i dont get any medical request

resh7155

May 9, 2016
Hi
I applied SOWP on april 5 online.. no update yet.. how to know which visa office is processing my application.. please help

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
If you haven't had a decision yet, its always better to attach any further info you think is useful. If HR got you a new letter, that's great. If they refused or something, you could provide anything e.g. your request and their refusal along with a copy of ANY work correspondence that sheds light on your roles and responsibilities. Do this asap. It would only matter if the info is already attached to your file when the visa officer reviews it and generally CIC takes up to a week to do so.
Thanks for the response, fkl. I got my passport request before I could update my letter. I guess my original letter was sufficient for the VO. Thanks again for all your help!

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
ashpur88 said:
Yes I called CIC in Canada. They have a voice recording that states which applications they are currently working on. It mentioned April 8th for online applications. I dont remember the date mentioned for Paper applications.
Thank you for the details.I have called the CIC today and automated voice recording says the application in process.Its 2 months already.Can I send a case specific enquiry and whats the email address.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashpur88 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for my wife's SOWP online on March 14th with upfront medicals. She currently resides in India. We got the original passport request today. The status still shows as In Progress though, so I am not celebrating yet.
Hello Ashpur88,

Congratulations!!!

I have a question - Have you also submitted the bank statements as proof of funds as part of your SOWP application?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nshakelly said:
Hello Ashpur88,

Congratulations!!!

I have a question - Have you also submitted the bank statements as proof of funds as part of your SOWP application?
Thanks!

I did not submit any bank statements. I had submitted my last 3 months of pay slips and last two years T4 slips.

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
OK so right now im on a PGWP with about 2.5 years remaining on it, and am planning to get married soon! Can I call her as a Fiance? or does she have to be a Spouse!?

What are the chances of her actually getting a work permit? Can I apply for her even though I've already got my PGWP?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakshmikoppala said:
Thank you for the details.I have called the CIC today and automated voice recording says the application in process.Its 2 months already.Can I send a case specific enquiry and whats the email address.
You can send a case specific inquiry using the below link

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=case+specific+enquiry

@@Maaftgbkum.. It should be fine. The most important aspect of the application is to convey the fact that you have a skilled job, a WP valid for atleast 6 months and proof of relationship. If you have documents that present a strong case of these 3 aspects, i think you are good to go.

Funds are more important for spouses of students, since they don't have a constant source of income.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
cussyandrew said:
OK so right now im on a PGWP with about 2.5 years remaining on it, and am planning to get married soon! Can I call her as a Fiance? or does she have to be a Spouse!?

What are the chances of her actually getting a work permit? Can I apply for her even though I've already got my PGWP?
You have to get married unless you fulfil the conditions of common law partner. (which requires both of you to be living together from more than a year). Also the chance of getting a visa depends on your case. You have to have a NOC O, Aor B job. and strong ties to your home country. Same applies to her. She doesn't need a job on hand but have to show strong home country ties. You will require to provide a proof of your employment listing your job duties and responsibilities also something about noc code as well. You recent pay stubs, enough funds also sometime they check your salary as well. It should be more or equal to average salary of the specific NOC code job. Hope it helps

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
Navprateek said:
You have to get married unless you fulfil the conditions of common law partner. (which requires both of you to be living together from more than a year). Also the chance of getting a visa depends on your case. You have to have a NOC O, Aor B job. and strong ties to your home country. Same applies to her. She doesn't need a job on hand but have to show strong home country ties. You will require to provide a proof of your employment listing your job duties and responsibilities also something about noc code as well. You recent pay stubs, enough funds also sometime they check your salary as well. It should be more or equal to average salary of the specific NOC code job. Hope it helps

Thanks man! Appreciate the help!

Sanju_j

May 18, 2016
Hi,
I am an Indian citizen. My wife is a full time student in Canada.I just applied for spouse open work permit 2 months ago.but,it was rejected due to following reasons:
(a)travel history
(b)length of proposed stay in canada.
(c) Other reasons: doesn't meet C41 requirements of your application.

But,when I searched about c41, I fall in c42 category since I am a spouse of student.Please anyone help me. Which form we need to fill for that??
I don't know what is wrong and what to do next?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanju_j said:
Hi,
I am an Indian citizen. My wife is a full time student in Canada.I just applied for spouse open work permit 2 months ago.but,it was rejected due to following reasons:
(a)travel history
(b)length of proposed stay in canada.
(c) Other reasons: doesn't meet C41 requirements of your application.

But,when I searched about c41, I fall in c42 category since I am a spouse of student.Please anyone help me. Which form we need to fill for that??
I don't know what is wrong and what to do next?
Did you make it clear in your application that it is a spousal application? Did you explicitly mention in your cover letter that your spouse is a full-time student in Canada? What did you mention in the field where it asks for employer details?

The issue is that the form for SOWP Student, SOWP Worker, and OWP are the same. Its the applicants responsibility to clearly convey to the VO which category they fall into. I would recommend you to call out the fact that your spouse is a student in bold in your cover letter. Also, in the field where it asks for employer details, mention "SOWP - SPOUSE IS A STUDENT".