Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Tairy said:
Hi everyone,

I am asking for a friend here and would appreciate if someone can answer me.

When uploading documents online lets say for a Spouse Open Work Permit, are the documents required to be attested?

Appreciate your help! :D
Generally no - assuming you are uploading scan of originals. If its a translation of degree or marriage certificate, yes it has to be attested. Same goes for any kind of affidavit (if you needed one as evidence of some thing for e.g. name change of applicant etc.)

Tairy

Nov 8, 2015
fkl said:
Generally no - assuming you are uploading scan of originals. If its a translation of degree or marriage certificate, yes it has to be attested. Same goes for any kind of affidavit (if you needed one as evidence of some thing for e.g. name change of applicant etc.)
Awesome. Thank you so much fkl :)

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Seniors, please help.

I applied for my wife SOWP on 19-Jan-2016 and yesterday CIC refused her application. The reason was that officer was not satisfied with the information we provided regarding previous travels. It was my mistake, I forgot to add that she had USA visa refusal! This little piece of information was the sole reason for her refusal.

Now I am in the process of reapplying, but this time, it is paper based. Should I submit original degrees and transcripts, or their copies? Persons who have submitted their paper based application, would you please share your experience? Thanks

Tairy

Nov 8, 2015
b4ahmad said:
Seniors, please help.

I applied for my wife SOWP on 19-Jan-2016 and yesterday CIC refused her application. The reason was that officer was not satisfied with the information we provided regarding previous travels. It was my mistake, I forgot to add that she had USA visa refusal! This little piece of information was the sole reason for her refusal.

Now I am in the process of reapplying, but this time, it is paper based. Should I submit original degrees and transcripts, or their copies? Persons who have submitted their paper based application, would you please share your experience? Thanks
You will have to submit an attested photocopy of your degree. Transcript can be requested by your university's admin office and should preferably be original.

zainali89

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
b4ahmad said:
Seniors, please help.

How are you sure it is only because of travel history ? Because I have also applied for my wife's SOWP and she dosen't have any travelling history. And I don't remember if it asks for weather you had applied for US visa for if you have US visa. It only ask for last five years international travels not about the visa's you have or if you got acceptance or rejection from any of the country in the world.
I would recommend you to get notes on your file first and review them and then re-apply.
Seniors members might help you out better. This is just my opinion.

Meet Patel

Feb 12, 2016
Hi, Please somebody help me with this.
I applied paper based application for my wife's work permit on 14th march from India and on 13th may I got email from canada visa office that your passport has been dispached from visa office. They didn't ask for any medical request. Is this a refusal?

t_Patel

Apr 3, 2016
Meet Patel said:
Hi, Please somebody help me with this.
I applied paper based application for my wife's work permit on 14th march from India and on 13th may I got email from canada visa office that your passport has been dispached from visa office. They didn't ask for any medical request. Is this a refusal?
Sorry to hear that. This is the situation happen to my case. I got the same email and in next 2 day i got refusal letter.

Meet Patel

Feb 12, 2016
it was open work permit. I have tried online to fill the form in My CIC but it shows only 6 documents to submit and even there is no other buttons to submit any other additional documents.

Meet Patel

Feb 12, 2016
I applied by Consultant and they submitted everything necessary. file was complete.
But I want to apply next time again on my own online from my CIC but in CIC there is only 6 documents to submit not like the agnet asked for the bunch of extra documents. even in my CIC they are not asking for and employer letter or pay stuff. In online application they just asks
Marriage certificate
Open Work permit form(outside Canada)
medical Exam
Schedule 1
Explanation letter

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Your job that must be in noc A,B and 0
And bank balance should be more 10000$
And proof of relationship
Your work permit must be 6 months more
And 3 or more pay stubs

mruhomau

May 11, 2016
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me out with this. I am currently in Canada as a permanent Resident Status. My spouse is a US citizen and she currently is in USA.

question 1 : Would she be eligible to apply for an open work permit ? i.e a work permit that she will be able to work for any employer without LMIA ?

question 2 : I am also planning to submit her PR application under the family class sponsporship. Would she be able to apply for an open work permit if her PR sponsorship has been submitted ?

looking forward for a response. thanks !