Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
I applied online SOWP with upfront medical on 2nd Feb 2016 .. But still no update .i track my application / my file is under process at Chandigarh embassy . I sent inquiry mail to Chandigarh embassy but they did not reply .. I m worry about my file .. Hoping I will get update soon ..

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Maangat said:
I applied online SOWP with upfront medical on 2nd Feb 2016 .. But still no update .i track my application / my file is under process at Chandigarh embassy . I sent inquiry mail to Chandigarh embassy but they did not reply .. I m worry about my file .. Hoping I will get update soon ..
I applied on 3rd march paper application Via vfs chandigarh without medical
No upadate yet

rawhh

May 11, 2016
Hello All,

I've been reading all the posts in this forum since hours now and have gotten enough information to file my wife's open work permit who is in India

I still need one important information in my case and that is:

I am on post study work permit here in Canada expiring in April 2018, And working as technician in Bell Canada since 10 months from now which is NOC B category job but it is regular part time job, being said that I get hours 30-40 a week but title is Regular Part Time, My question is that will it cause any issue to call my wife here from India on SOWP.

Also I just got married 30 days back

Please suggest

Thanks,

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Hi guru

When you submitted your file at Chandigarh. Did you check the processing time of Chandigarh embassy . I heard about different processing time for different embassy .

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Hi resh7155

You can call to CIC numbers and they will tell you .

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi guys
Please anyone knows the processing time in chandigarh india.
As far as I know, CIC only displays processing time depending on the Country of residence of the principal applicant. I don't think it is possible to find out the processing time for different VO within the same country.

They have been updating the processing times every week and the time for India has been consistently shown as 2 months.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaftgbkum said:
Yes I think your right . I applied on 23 march I have not received any medical request. Just 12 days are left to 2 months
Members of this forum who got their approvals/rejections generally heard back a week or two after their 2 months mark. If your application is complete and the VO processing your file is not overburdened, I think you will get your medical request soon.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi People,

I have a strange dilemma. I applied for my wife's dependent Visa last week from India. I submitted my PGWP which was for 1 year duration at that time. This week I got my extension approved and now the duration is for 3 years. Is there anyway I can add the new work permit to the already submitted application.

Regards
Riyas Siraj

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Maangat said:
Hi guru

When you submitted your file at Chandigarh. Did you check the processing time of Chandigarh embassy . I heard about different processing time for different embassy .
I submitted on 3rd march n processing time is 2 months for all

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Riyas Siraj said:
Hi People,

I have a strange dilemma. I applied for my wife's dependent Visa last week from India. I submitted my PGWP which was for 1 year duration at that time. This week I got my extension approved and now the duration is for 3 years. Is there anyway I can add the new work permit to the already submitted application.

Regards
Riyas Siraj
I don't see any thing strange or dilemma here. May be our definitions are different :) Obviously you didn't want to wait for your extension to apply hence you did it that way.

The best you can do is to send a case specific inquiry attaching your current work permit. Assuming your wife's passport is valid for as long, they should probably attach your newer wp with the application and issue SOWP accordingly.

And of course all of this assumes you are working / have a skilled job - NOC 0, A or B and you attached proof of that. Else CIC will not even approve it for one year.