+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
hello everyone,
As i had post earlier about my spouse work permit refusal. we are again re-applying but this time through a Immigration lawyer. So a qucik question for you guys:
Should I approach a lawyer from Canada or should my spouse do it from India.?
Does anyone know a good lawyer from India(mumbai) or canada(ontario) it would be a great help.
Also I'm very curious to know how much will they charge (approx) to be my represntative.?

Thank you .!
Netz

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Netz said:
hello everyone,
As i had post earlier about my spouse work permit refusal. we are again re-applying but this time through a Immigration lawyer. So a qucik question for you guys:
Does anyone know a good lawyer from India(mumbai) or canada(ontario) it would be a great help.
Also I'm very curious to know how much will they charge (approx) to be my represntative.?

Thank you .!
Netz
Immigration consultant in India - 15k to 25k INR

Immigration Lawyer in Canada - $1k to $2k (Average)

There are many dodgy ones here and there. Better go for a Lawyer/Consultant who is ICCRC authorised.

You may find one here - https://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm?setLanCookie=En

More information - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/verify-rep.asp

Good luck

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Netz said:
hello everyone,

Thank you .!
Netz
Check you inbox

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hammer said:
Thanks for your guidance.

Regarding funds - Should I sent her my bank statements?
You are welcome. if she carries some proof of your recent work e.g. latest pay stub of the same skilled job that made her eligible for SOWP, she doesn't really need any bank statement. Technically, you could have no money but your current job is enough. I meant if she claims that she has funds, she should have proof of those.

It's best to keep your cell number and address handy and you should be willing to answer a call during the time she goes through with immigration. This is just precautionary, not a requirement and generally is never required.

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
i am in canada.and my spouse is in india can apply for my wife s SOWP from canada?
she is in india and some people tells me that you have to apply from india only and some people tells me you can apply from in canada online.

what should i do? any one have any suggestion.?

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
fkl said:
A visitor record is the document issued when your child actually lands. It is kind of similar to study or work permit, but issued to visitors who are staying in Canada for a period longer than six months.

If your child just received a trv (which might be multiple entry and valid until 2018), but did not receive a visitor record upon actual landing, then you better apply for a study permit for him.

A simpler explanation given what you described sounds to me that you got a regular visitor trv for the child stating a visit of six months or less. It might be valid for longer but doesn't allow him to stay for longer than six months in one trip.

If you didn't get above and instead applied for a trv dependent upon parent, then the child must have received a visitor record upon landing in Canada which looks similar to a work permit and says he can stay in Canada until 2018 without having to exit after six months. It (Visitor Record) is not stamped on passport and looks quite similar to work or study permit.

If you have Visitor record, your child doesn't need SP to go to school in Canada. If you do not have that, then you better get him admission to school and get SP from inside Canada.

Hope that helps.
Hi FLK and All,

Can we do SP for Kids inside Canada via online or only inland office option? I check the link below they said we need to do at inland office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/minor.asp

Thank you for your help

Thang

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
HARSH131010190 said:
i am in canada.and my spouse is in india can apply for my wife s SOWP from canada?
she is in india and some people tells me that you have to apply from india only and some people tells me you can apply from in canada online.

what should i do? any one have any suggestion.?
No matter how you apply online or paper, your wife application will be processed by visa office in India because that's what is your wife current residence country. You can only apply from Canada when she is here.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Dear FKL, GreenHak and other senior members and friends,

Could you please help me in providing these below mentioned document formats to bring my kids of aged 6 and 7 from India if some one have already submitted these documents on-line before?

1) Invitation letter for children from parentsa
2) parent concent letter
3) Custody documents
4) Letter of explanation

Thanks,
Kalpan

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Hello Everyone,

We got refusal yesterday check Marked POST are:

Personal assets and funds

other reason : which says Job duties nor responsibilities provided ; insufficient info provided with application; Spouse doesn't meet NOC O , A OR B.

What should be our next step ! Please guide ....I am thinking to re-apply on Monday the 2nd may..What should i attach to make the case stronger ?

Do i nee to take GCMS or should i just attach my refusal letter and cover letter with it to defend our case on 1st rejection ?

All suggestions are aprrciated...

@fkl @greenhak and all the senior member out here please guide us.

Regards,
Sid

t_Patel

Apr 3, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know anyone who have tried the visitor visa for their spouse after getting rejection of SOWP. As i visited couple of Immigration Consultant in TORONTO, CANADA. They told me to apply for the visitor visa and after that apply for the work permit once the spouse is here. I would like to know is there anyone in the forum who have done it before or have a knowledge about the Pros. and cons of doing it.

As i already got rejection for SOWP and now applying the visitor looks little awkward but as the immigration consultant might have more knowledge and have deal with these type cases so they are suggesting to do so. But it would be great if any of you have the knowledge regarding it. Please share your thoughts.

Thank You.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Sonata95 said:
Hi FLK and All,

Can we do SP for Kids inside Canada via online or only inland office option? I check the link below they said we need to do at inland office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/minor.asp

Thank you for your help

Thang
There is no inland office option if that means in person application. Either you apply online or you send application to visa office by mail.

The link quoted above certainly only means applying from inside Canada i.e. applying to CIC while the child is present in Canada. I don't see it saying any where some thing resembling in person application.

It only means that when application is "inland" CIC has to consider a few things differently than when it is outland such as whether child has health coverage, is studying previously / has valid status etc.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kalpan said:
Dear FKL, GreenHak and other senior members and friends,

Could you please help me in providing these below mentioned document formats to bring my kids of aged 6 and 7 from India if some one have already submitted these documents on-line before?

1) Invitation letter for children from parentsa
2) parent concent letter
3) Custody documents
4) Letter of explanation

Thanks,
Kalpan
I don't know where people get notions of these documents. There is no legal significance / value of any of them. Hence there is no standard.

1. Invitation letter is only official when a PR or a citizen is inviting some one. A temp worker / student is not eligible to INVITE. It is just that his spouse and kids are automatically eligible for SOWP / study permits if its a skilled job / full time degree.
2. Parent consent is only necessary if one of two parents has legal custody (there is separation or something involved). If its a regular case of a kid whose parents are together, there is no such document.
3. Same as #2 - No such docs are required unless there has been some court proceeding regarding kids.
4. Letter of explanation is a generic place for any thing related to your application THAT NEEDS EXPLANATION. Very often people attach every thing that is not explicitly asked for but is needed (e.g. spouse's work permit, pay stubs, proof of relationship etc.) there. This space is not explicitly required otherwise and hence there is NO STANDARD format.

I have had 3-4 work / SOWP / kids study permits / trv applications for each member of my family before PR over the course of years for a total of may be 25 applications. The only times I added any explanation letter was when I needed to explain something specific. I kept it brief - to the point and attached evidence.

Any thing else is a distraction - period.

If you ever see any official CIC instruction telling WHAT is the format of explanation letter, let me know.