VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
hiransiddharth said:
Thanks for the reply Fkl ..... Yes I dint attach any job duties nor responsibilities .... my NOC code is 2211 which quality control technician... I also got my BCPNP approved should I attach that letter this time with my spouse application ? I will get all the letters again from HR today anything else you would suggest me to do ... m planning to apply tomorrow is that fine ? I got rejection on 29th April and we applied on 4th March.

Regards,
Sid
You are welcome. You can always attach PNP to make your case stronger. But basically if you have a PNP nomination it basically removes the condition of Skilled job requirement for Spousal open work permit. Still providing both would just make your case stronger.

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello everyone
I applied on 3 march paper application chandigarh withhout medical
No update yet

Anyone share ur timeline, today 2 months over

May 3, 2016
Hello,

I'm applying for open work permit soon, and I'm wondering for proof of funds, if it's accepted to get my wife's uncle as my sponsor.
Just for your info, I got a rejection last month, because I got 10000CAD into my account 10 days before submitting my bak statement among the proof of funds.

Is the new sponsorship a good garantee to solve my case, and what advice you give me please.

Thanks a lot guys.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
guru1313 said:
Hello everyone
I applied on 3 march paper application chandigarh withhout medical
No update yet

Anyone share ur timeline, today 2 months over
As CIC made processing country specific than visa office specific, we can predict it takes up to 2 month + 2 weeks to get outcome. It is absolutely fine to wait more than 2 months.

You can link your application to your mycic account and check the real time status of your application.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
OpenWorkPermit said:
Hello,

I'm applying for open work permit soon, and I'm wondering for proof of funds, if it's accepted to get my wife's uncle as my sponsor.
Just for your info, I got a rejection last month, because I got 10000CAD into my account 10 days before submitting my bak statement among the proof of funds.

Is the new sponsorship a good garantee to solve my case, and what advice you give me please.

Thanks a lot guys.
Sponsorship from a relation other than your spouse will not be honoured for SOWP. Finances in the context of SOWP is all about whether you and spouse can live comfortably in Canada.

Either you or your spouse should have direct access to the available funds.

I presume the reason for your previous refusal is not because you had $10k ($10k is sufficient, having your spouse with skilled job and a decent pay). It is because the funds were deposited recently and that made the VO think the funds don't belong to you. All your recent deposit should match with your income i.e if you have $10k as your monthly income and shown tax returns, it is acceptable. If your income is $2k a month and $10k deposited to the account 10 days before the application, then it will look dodgy.

If you bring your uncle into the picture now, it will be like projecting that the $10k belong to your uncle.

My suggestion - Keep the funds for at least 3 more months in the same account to prove it belong to you and you have access to the same. In the meantime, apply for GCMS to know further reasons for refusal and make sure you address them in your next application.

I hope it helps.

Good luck.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi everyone I am new here in this forum actually I am In canada my job is Noc A and applied for my husband on March 22 2016 online and cic cut the fees on 23 march 2016 so after that we are waiting even we have not received request for medical yet .my husband he is in india so can anyone tell how many we have to wait more
There is no definite timeline to receive medical request, it can happen at any time of the processing. It differs from case to case.

Nowadays SOWP applications take more than 2 months to get outcome. You may expect correspondence from CIC anytime from now on regarding your medical request.

Make sure you keep checking your mycic account once a day.

Good luck

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
GreenHak said:
As CIC made processing country specific than visa office specific, we can predict it takes up to 2 month + 2 weeks to get outcome. It is absolutely fine to wait more than 2 months.

You can link your application to your mycic account and check the real time status of your application.
I trying to link my application but no result found

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
guru1313 said:
I trying to link my application but no result found
Try the steps below.

Hammer said:
Yes, it did work surprisingly. Even though my application is approved I just wanted to try and confirm it for you rest people. So yes it do work and following are the steps:-

Category - Temporary residence
Sub category - International Experience Canada

then rest your personal details

and last topic about applicant's work in canada -

Ques- Type of work employment offer in canada - NONE

Rest all four ques: NO

And that's it. It will show we found your application and if you would like to continue it will be attached to your MYCIC account.

Hope it helps
If that doesn't work, you should send an email (Not Case Specific Enquiry) to chandigargh visa office email address requesting your application number.

Once you get your application number, you should be able to link your application using your family name and application number combination.

You can find their email address here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/chandigarh.asp

t_Patel

Apr 3, 2016
Hello FKL and all,
Thanks for your reply.
I applied for the GCMS notes and get few days ago, on the last page the reason mentioned as below:

PA is applying under C-41 given that spouse holds a PGWP and valid till Sep-2018. Marriage certificate provided. PA is a housewife with no any employment history. PA will therefore be at lease initially dependent upon her spouse. Whose financial circumstances do not demonstrate an ability to support an additional person. Spouse is employed as a Electronics Engineering Design Technologist NOC 2241 earning 16$ per hour and shows the modest funds, the current status of which is questionable given financials reflect circumstances in Dec 2015. PA provides an ICIC bank balance that is not supported by banking transaction to provide provenance of funds and nonetheless would be impacted by international travel. Not satisfied the requirements for issuance are met. Refused. PA-Please initiate refund. Thank You.

I would like to inform i have shown 18,000CAD and 3,00,000 INR with 33,000CAD annual salary. As i sent money for showing balance in India through hawala it is only few transaction in 1 month to deposit money in the bank account and because of that not shown the balance with the transaction history. Just putted the balance summary.

So what i should take care while reapplying. Please advice.

Thank You.

May 3, 2016
GreenHak said:
Sponsorship from a relation other than your spouse will not be honoured for SOWP. Finances in the context of SOWP is all about whether you and spouse can live comfortably in Canada.

Either you or your spouse should have direct access to the available funds.

I presume the reason for your previous refusal is not because you had $10k ($10k is sufficient, having your spouse with skilled job and a decent pay). It is because the funds were deposited recently and that made the VO think the funds don't belong to you. All your recent deposit should match with your income i.e if you have $10k as your monthly income and shown tax returns, it is acceptable. If your income is $2k a month and $10k deposited to the account 10 days before the application, then it will look dodgy.

If you bring your uncle into the picture now, it will be like projecting that the $10k belong to your uncle.

My suggestion - Keep the funds for at least 3 more months in the same account to prove it belong to you and you have access to the same. In the meantime, apply for GCMS to know further reasons for refusal and make sure you address them in your next application.

I hope it helps.

Good luck.
Thanks for your rapid response

As you said I've the reason for my refusal as mentined below :

- Your chattels and your financial situation.
- Your Account statements show a lack of savings and a large deposit without a known source, I am not convinced with the source of these funds or their availability for you.

Just, to get more solutions in hands; my spouse is an international student with $18K annual scholarship from our country, I can wait for other 3 months to proceed a new demand having my $10k in my account.
But if my spouse's uncle, who is a Canadian citizen and can sponsor us, makes a transfer of some amount to my spouse's bank account in Canada, would this be a faster and garanteed operation.

Because really I need to have a comfortable financial situation soon to convince our local CIC.

Appreciate your help :)

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
OpenWorkPermit said:
Thanks for your rapid response

Just, to get more solutions in hands; my spouse is an international student with $18K annual scholarship from our country, I can wait for other 2 months to proceed a new demand having my $10k in my account.
But if my spouse's uncle, who is a Canadian citizen and can sponsor us, makes a transfer of some amount to my spouse's bank account in Canada, would this be a faster and garanteed operation.

Because really I need to have a comfortable financial situation soon, to convince our local CIC.

Appreciate your help :)
Your uncle can definitely support your spouse but mentioning his sponsorship explicitly in your application is irrelevant and tricky. Because you are the applicant and the spotlight is on you.

There is no guarantee for SOWP to anyone before the actual approval. It all depends on whether the visa officer is satisfied that you fulfil the requirements of the SOWP or not.

When you apply as a student spouse, you need minimum $4k per year. Assuming you have $10k already, the funds in your side is sufficient.

As your spouse has scholarship, you should submit relevant documents and transaction record if any along with his bank statement with necessary funds for his living expenses.

Check this link to get an idea on how much funds your spouse and you should have http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

As a spouse of an international student, you should fulfil the requirements of R205(c)(ii) C-42 of regulations.

Check this link to get what are the points you should concentrate while preparing your application package - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/policy.asp

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
fkl said:
You are welcome. You can always attach PNP to make your case stronger. But basically if you have a PNP nomination it basically removes the condition of Skilled job requirement for Spousal open work permit. Still providing both would just make your case stronger.
HI Fkl,

Thanks for responding I really appreciate your help...... yesterday I can to know about MP role .. and I went to MP and explained my situation and proved that I provided sufficient docs to get my spouse open work permit.. they took all details from me and said they going to contact Immigration in India to get my case resolved... what's your view in my case what are the chances to get approved.

I provided them with refusal letter WP and BCPNP letter and my pay stubs. Hope to hear soon from you !

Also would really appreciate if somebody got through the same process.

Cheers
Sid