Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
subtain said:
Hello everyone,

I am re-posting this in case someone missed it. I am gathering documents to apply for my wife Open Work Permit.

Can someone please guide me what to write in:

1. Letter of intent given by spouse in home country.
2. Supporting Letter provided by spouse in Canada.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Below are the list of documents I submitted with my wife's open work permit application onlin:

Proof of Relation:

Wedding Card
Nikkah Nama True Translation Page 1 (Notarized)
Nikkah Nama True Translation Page 2 (Notarized)
Marriage Registration Certificate (Notarized)
Birth Certificate (Notarized)
Wedding Pictures
Face Time History
Skype Communication
Airtime Transfer Receipts
Greeting Card Picture
Call Logs

Explanation letter
Annexure A: Principal Applicant

Letter of Explanation
Resume
Employment Letter
Secondary School Certificate
Higher Secondary Certificate
Bachelor of Science (BSc Honors) Certificate
Masters of Science (MSc Applied Mathematics) Mark Sheet
Police Clearance Certificate
Property Documents (PKR: 4.4 Million)
Affidavit
Bank Statement (PKR: 1.2 Million)
Bank Account Maintaining Certificate
Declaration of Assets

Annexure B:
Host Invitation Letter and supporting Documents

Host Invitation Letter
Passport Copy
TRV Copy
Postgraduate work permit copy
Diploma certificate
Employment letter
Pay slips
Canadian Bank Statement Profile (Scotia Bank) ($13,000)
Canadian Bank Account Maintaining Certificate (Scotia Bank)
Canadian Bank Statement (TD Canada Trust Bank) ($4,400)
Notice of Assessment for the year 2013

The explanation letter I enclosed with the application:

The Visa Officer
The Canadian High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
Sector G-5
Islamabad.

Re: Application for Spouse Open Work Permit made outside Canada

Respected Honorable Visa Officer,

I, XXXXX w/o XXXXXXX holding passport number XXXXXXXX, I am applying for a Spousal Open Work Permit to Canada. I would like to join my husband, [NAME], in Canada and live with him. My husband and I got married on November 03, 2013. When he visited Pakistan during the month of October 2013, we held a traditional reception with family and friends.

My husband has been living in Canada for approximately the past three and a half years, and has completed his two years Diploma in Business Operations from Centennial College. Currently he is on postgraduate work permit valid till September 28, 2015. The purpose of my stay in Canada will be to accompany my husband and offer moral, emotional and family support.

My husband and I have combined funds of approximately $27,000. I have attached the bank statements and account-maintaining certificate from bank here in Pakistan and his personal account in Canada. This is sufficient to cover our shared living expenses for at least two year.

I have a Bachelor's in Science and a Master's degree in Applied Mathematics from XXXXX and have been working full-time as XXXXXXXX at XXXXXXXXX since April 2014. As my foremost objective to enhance my skills, increase abilities and starts career with such profession that leads me to face challenging tasks, with the opportunity for the research and development in the field of physics and mathematics. Canada is technologically far ahead of Pakistan therefore enabling me to enhance and learn techniques to implement them in the corporate world. I have attached the employment letter along with my educational documents.

I have also attached the declaration of assets report and document my immovable and moveable assets. This also includes the information about my father in law's property. The total value of this family property is approximately 4,400,000 PKR (approx. 44,000 CDN).

As is the cultural norm in Pakistan, we support our family morally and emotionally as my husband is the oldest son, it is very important for us to fulfill our duties towards our parents by returning to Pakistan in order to support and care for them in the future. In keeping with traditional family arrangements, I currently live with my husband's parents in their home; we have very strong family ties, and my husband and I fully intend to return to Pakistan to live with parents.

I am including the following information, along with the documentations, of my husband:

Name: XXXXXX
Passport #: XXXXXXXXX
Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX
Current Address: XXXXXXXXXXX
Email: XXX @ XXX.com

Please note that this is a re-application for an open work permit. My first application was rejected on May 29, 2014 stating below mentioned reasons:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
i. Length of proposed stay in Canada
ii. Your personal assets and financial status

My husband also ordered GCMS notes and got an actual reason of rejection. As per the online documents requirement I only submitted what was required online and did not provide ties to my country of Citizenship and financial assets as I thought it was not necessary.

This time I am enclosing additional documentations in support of my re-application for this permit, including:

• My educational certificates (Bachelor's and Master's degree in Applied Mathematics)
• My resume
• Letter from my employer
• Bank statement in Pakistan as well as my husband's bank statement in Canada
• Declaration of Assets Statement and Affidavit of my moveable and immoveable assets
• Notice of Assessment for my husband for the years of 2013
• Letter of Financial Support from my father in law Mr. XXXXXXXXXXX
• My husband's Passport, valid visa, open work permit and diploma certificate copies
• Employment letter from XXXXXXXXX (where my husband is currently working full-time) stating his job duties, which falls in skill category B and annual income.

In the end, I earnestly request you to please accept my application and allow me to accompany my husband in Canada as he cannot come here because of his job and we both misses each other so much.

Should you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at +XXXXXXXXXX or email me at XXXXXX @ XXXXXX.com

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX

Below is host Invitation letter from Canada:

The Visa Officer
Diplomatic Enclave
Sector G-5
Islamabad.

SUBJECT: Request for issuance of Spouse Open Work Permit to my wife XXXXXX

Dear Visa Officer,

This Letter is to support the Spouse Open Work Permit application of my wife. My wife, XXXXX (born XXXXXXXX) residing at XXXXXXXXX.

I came to Canada as an international student. I have completed my two years XXXXXXX from XXXXXXXX on December XXXXX. After that, I am on my 3 years of postgraduate work permit valid till XXXXXX and working full time at XXXXXXX as a XXXXXXX under skill category B (NOC 6222) and my yearly income is $XX,XXX. Being as a skilled worker my wife is eligible to apply for spouse open work permit. I would like to invite my wife to come and join me in Canada.

She has done her MSc in Applied Mathematics from XXXXXXX and currently working in XXXXXXXXX.

I have attached a copy of my passport, valid visa, work permit, diploma certificate, employment letter, last month's pay slips, notice of assessment for the year of 2013 and bank statement. My date of birth is XXXXXXX. I am residing at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. My phone number is XXXXXXX and my email address is XXXX @ XXX.com

Thanking you and looking forward to your favorable and sympathetic consideration to my wife's open work permit application.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
alijumani said:
Below are the list of documents I submitted with my wife's open work permit application onlin:

Proof of Relation:

Wedding Card
Nikkah Nama True Translation Page 1 (Notarized)
Nikkah Nama True Translation Page 2 (Notarized)
Marriage Registration Certificate (Notarized)
Birth Certificate (Notarized)
Wedding Pictures
Face Time History
Skype Communication
Airtime Transfer Receipts
Greeting Card Picture
Call Logs

Explanation letter
Annexure A: Principal Applicant

Letter of Explanation
Resume
Employment Letter
Secondary School Certificate
Higher Secondary Certificate
Bachelor of Science (BSc Honors) Certificate
Masters of Science (MSc Applied Mathematics) Mark Sheet
Police Clearance Certificate
Property Documents (PKR: 4.4 Million)
Affidavit
Bank Statement (PKR: 1.2 Million)
Bank Account Maintaining Certificate
Declaration of Assets

Annexure B:
Host Invitation Letter and supporting Documents

Host Invitation Letter
Passport Copy
TRV Copy
Postgraduate work permit copy
Diploma certificate
Employment letter
Pay slips
Canadian Bank Statement Profile (Scotia Bank) ($13,000)
Canadian Bank Account Maintaining Certificate (Scotia Bank)
Canadian Bank Statement (TD Canada Trust Bank) ($4,400)
Notice of Assessment for the year 2013

The explanation letter I enclosed with the application:

The Visa Officer
Diplomatic Enclave
Sector G-5
Islamabad.

Re: Application for Spouse Open Work Permit made outside Canada

Respected Honorable Visa Officer,

I, XXXXX w/o XXXXXXX holding passport number XXXXXXXX, I am applying for a Spousal Open Work Permit to Canada. I would like to join my husband, [NAME], in Canada and live with him. My husband and I got married on November 03, 2013. When he visited Pakistan during the month of October 2013, we held a traditional reception with family and friends.

My husband has been living in Canada for approximately the past three and a half years, and has completed his two years Diploma in Business Operations from Centennial College. Currently he is on postgraduate work permit valid till September 28, 2015. The purpose of my stay in Canada will be to accompany my husband and offer moral, emotional and family support.

My husband and I have combined funds of approximately $27,000. I have attached the bank statements and account-maintaining certificate from bank here in Pakistan and his personal account in Canada. This is sufficient to cover our shared living expenses for at least two year.

I have a Bachelor's in Science and a Master's degree in Applied Mathematics from XXXXX and have been working full-time as XXXXXXXX at XXXXXXXXX since April 2014. As my foremost objective to enhance my skills, increase abilities and starts career with such profession that leads me to face challenging tasks, with the opportunity for the research and development in the field of physics and mathematics. Canada is technologically far ahead of Pakistan therefore enabling me to enhance and learn techniques to implement them in the corporate world. I have attached the employment letter along with my educational documents.

I have also attached the declaration of assets report and document my immovable and moveable assets. This also includes the information about my father in law's property. The total value of this family property is approximately 4,400,000 PKR (approx. 44,000 CDN).

As is the cultural norm in Pakistan, we support our family morally and emotionally as my husband is the oldest son, it is very important for us to fulfill our duties towards our parents by returning to Pakistan in order to support and care for them in the future. In keeping with traditional family arrangements, I currently live with my husband's parents in their home; we have very strong family ties, and my husband and I fully intend to return to Pakistan to live with parents.

I am including the following information, along with the documentations, of my husband:

Name: XXXXXX
Passport #: XXXXXXXXX
Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX
Current Address: XXXXXXXXXXX
Email: XXX @ XXX.com

Please note that this is a re-application for an open work permit. My first application was rejected on May 29, 2014 stating below mentioned reasons:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
i. Length of proposed stay in Canada
ii. Your personal assets and financial status

My husband also ordered GCMS notes and got an actual reason of rejection. As per the online documents requirement I only submitted what was required online and did not provide ties to my country of Citizenship and financial assets as I thought it was not necessary.

This time I am enclosing additional documentations in support of my re-application for this permit, including:

• My educational certificates (Bachelor's and Master's degree in Applied Mathematics)
• My resume
• Letter from my employer
• Bank statement in Pakistan as well as my husband's bank statement in Canada
• Declaration of Assets Statement and Affidavit of my moveable and immoveable assets
• Notice of Assessment for my husband for the years of 2013
• Letter of Financial Support from my father in law Mr. XXXXXXXXXXX
• My husband's Passport, valid visa, open work permit and diploma certificate copies
• Employment letter from XXXXXXXXX (where my husband is currently working full-time) stating his job duties, which falls in skill category B and annual income.

In the end, I earnestly request you to please accept my application and allow me to accompany my husband in Canada as he cannot come here because of his job and we both misses each other so much.

Should you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at +XXXXXXXXXX or email me at XXXXXX @ XXXXXX.com

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX

Below is host Invitation letter from Canada:

The Visa Officer
Diplomatic Enclave
Sector G-5
Islamabad.

SUBJECT: Request for issuance of Spouse Open Work Permit to my wife XXXXXX

Dear Visa Officer,

This Letter is to support the Spouse Open Work Permit application of my wife. My wife, XXXXX (born XXXXXXXX) residing at XXXXXXXXX.

I came to Canada as an international student. I have completed my two years XXXXXXX from XXXXXXXX on December XXXXX. After that, I am on my 3 years of postgraduate work permit valid till XXXXXX and working full time at XXXXXXX as a XXXXXXX under skill category B (NOC 6222) and my yearly income is $XX,XXX. Being as a skilled worker my wife is eligible to apply for spouse open work permit. I would like to invite my wife to come and join me in Canada.

She has done her MSc in Applied Mathematics from XXXXXXX and currently working in XXXXXXXXX.

I have attached a copy of my passport, valid visa, work permit, diploma certificate, employment letter, last month's pay slips, notice of assessment for the year of 2013 and bank statement. My date of birth is XXXXXXX. I am residing at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. My phone number is XXXXXXX and my email address is XXXX @ XXX.com

Thanking you and looking forward to your favorable and sympathetic consideration to my wife's open work permit application.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX
Thank you very much. [+1]

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hey all,

I have read almost all the posts on this thread and I am really confused at one aspect of Spouse Open Work Permit in one specific case:

The VO expects the spouse to come back with husband/wife after both of their work permits end. Period. I have read many applications refused based on family ties and intent of not returning back to Home Country.

Now what happens in case when the Spouse in Canada (having a Post Graduate Work Permit and skilled job) applies for Permanent residence. The spouse is technically eligible since the "Current Status" is still Temporary worker with skilled job. But now what happens to the whole "ties in home country and coming back thing"? The cat is out of the bag. The spouse seeking Open Work Permit has no intentions of coming back. That's plain as day, and no point trying to convince the VO otherwise.

How does this whole thing works in situations like these?

Should I call cic and inquire?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
subtain said:
Hey all,

I have read almost all the posts on this thread and I am really confused at one aspect of Spouse Open Work Permit in one specific case:

The VO expects the spouse to come back with husband/wife after both of their work permits end. Period. I have read many applications refused based on family ties and intent of not returning back to Home Country.

Now what happens in case when the Spouse in Canada (having a Post Graduate Work Permit and skilled job) applies for Permanent residence. The spouse is technically eligible since the "Current Status" is still Temporary worker with skilled job. But now what happens to the whole "ties in home country and coming back thing"? The cat is out of the bag. The spouse seeking Open Work Permit has no intentions of coming back. That's plain as day, and no point trying to convince the VO otherwise.

How does this whole thing works in situations like these?

Should I call cic and inquire?
This is called a dual intent. Each application is analyzed by their purpose although you have your Pr file under process and your spouse is your dependent. But still you and your spouse have to convince VO that you will depart canada at the end of your authorized stay. My showing VO strong ties to back home.

PS: do not forget to mention that you have already applied for Permanent resident which is under regular processing time and yet to get the decsion

Lawliet918

Mar 23, 2015
hi guys,

just a quick question:

i'm currently working here in canada as a temporary foreign worker. we've applied for an open spousal work permit for my wife last year.

if my wife has already received her Letter of Introduction (LOI) from the visa office saying that she's already approved to work in canada, does that mean she can already come here? based from what i read at the cic website, her actual work permit will be provided at the border when she arrives, right? also, she doesn't need a positive LMIA or an employment offer letter since she's applied under OSWP, right?

what other documents does she need to present when she arrives at the border?

thanks in advance for all the response!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Lawliet918 said:
hi guys,

just a quick question:

i'm currently working here in canada as a temporary foreign worker. we've applied for an open spousal work permit for my wife last year.

if my wife has already received her Letter of Introduction (LOI) from the visa office saying that she's already approved to work in canada, does that mean she can already come here? based from what i read at the cic website, her actual work permit will be provided at the border when she arrives, right? also, she doesn't need a positive LMIA or an employment offer letter since she's applied under OSWP, right?

what other documents does she need to present when she arrives at the border?

thanks in advance for all the response!

Every one gets actual work permit at the port of entry including yourself. All that any applicant receives from CIC in home country is Letter of introduction. So your wife's case won't be any different.

Yes, she doesn't need any LMIA or job offer upon landing (that part has already been processed when she applied for SOWP and got Letter of introduction). She should primarily carry her letter of introduction, passport, should have a trv stamped on passport to enter Canada (work permit allows you to work, not enter exit UNLESS you are from a visa exempt country).

Ideally to be safe, she might carry proof of her relationship, your contact info (phone, address company name etc.) and that should be it.

An LOI is considered a work permit approval. So CBSA guys won't poke into things already taken care of by CIC. They would focus on other things such as what are you carrying, do you have a valid address / person to go to, do you know that your stay is temporary, your passport is valid etc.

Lawliet918

Mar 23, 2015
hi fkl,

thanks for your prompt response.

so when my wife gets the LOI, she'll need to have her passport sent to the visa office for the TRV stamp? would you know how long is that going to take?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Lawliet918 said:
hi fkl,

thanks for your prompt response.

so when my wife gets the LOI, she'll need to have her passport sent to the visa office for the TRV stamp? would you know how long is that going to take?
Hi Lawliet,

You are most welcome. No LOI is the last step towards local embassy processing. The process and time might vary depending upon you home country and embassy.

But generally if you applied on paper, you would submit original passport as part of application so visa stamp will come along when you receive approval.

If you applied online and only submitted a passport scan (and need visa to enter Canada), you would receive a passport request from CIC.

At this stage you should be fairly confident of visa approval. Far fewer rejections happen AFTER passport request.

In India / Pakistan (the two embassies i know of) People usually get LOI 15-20 days after sending passports back.

It doesn't say LOI any where. It just says "Your application to work/study in Canada has been approved" along with other details.

Hope that helps

Lawliet918

Mar 23, 2015
fkl said:
Hi Lawliet,

You are most welcome. No LOI is the last step towards local embassy processing. The process and time might vary depending upon you home country and embassy.

But generally if you applied on paper, you would submit original passport as part of application so visa stamp will come along when you receive approval.

If you applied online and only submitted a passport scan (and need visa to enter Canada), you would receive a passport request from CIC.

At this stage you should be fairly confident of visa approval. Far fewer rejections happen AFTER passport request.

In India / Pakistan (the two embassies i know of) People usually get LOI 15-20 days after sending passports back.

It doesn't say LOI any where. It just says "Your application to work/study in Canada has been approved" along with other details.

Hope that helps
Thanks, fkl! I'm just a little anxious as an employer is actually interested in hiring her here in Canada but I'm not sure if they can wait much longer since she doesn't have her work permit approval yet.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Lawliet918 said:
Thanks, fkl! I'm just a little anxious as an employer is actually interested in hiring her here in Canada but I'm not sure if they can wait much longer since she doesn't have her work permit approval yet.
No worries - SOWP if issued is better because that allows her to work for any one. Besides if you try submitting job offer along (without LMIA) there is a very good chance of confusing CIC. I have seen many regular COMPLETE SOWP applications refused stating "you have not demonstrated that you come under exception of not requiring LMIA" which in plains words means they were not clear that this is a dependent SOWP application whose principal applicant is already doing / approved for a skilled job in Canada.

And second attempt which clarifies these details get accepted. So dont make your case complex.

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
hi
my husband is on work permit which is expiring in mid of 2016. we have registered under PR express entry but have not received ITA yet.

I Applied spousal open work permit paper application submitted from India on 22nd january 2015 and received refusal letter on25th march 2015

Documents submitted

1. Passport photocopy
2. Education certificates (masters and bachelors certificates and degree)
3. Back home job experience letter
4. Police clearance certificate
5. Medical
6. Marriage certificate and name change affidavit
7. IELTS (6 bands average)
8. Husband's work permit PGWP
9. His job reference letter [NOC B], offer letter
10. his and my Pay slips
11. his and my Bank statement of 15k CAD and 1 lakh around rupees
12. Invitation letter mentioning he would take responsibility

They have made mark on the below given 2 Reasons of refusal-

You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada to begin this process.

2. purpose of visit

My question to you is

How would we reapply again to make case stronger??
Spouse open work permit do not need any offered employment with LMO we believe.

Would really appreciate your help

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@rifsim1216

Reapply with detailed proof of your husband's job being Skilled i.e. NOC B.

Attach detail of job description matching the NOC in employment letter from employer. Write a cover letter explaining this.

Submit the same things you did the last time

Was88

Apr 25, 2015
Hi there . I wanna ask can I apply for my wife an OWP online since I am I Canada and she is turkey ?
Or should she apply in Turkey ? Note: she applied before and she got denied.
Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Was88 said:
Hi there . I wanna ask can I apply for my wife an OWP online since I am I Canada and she is turkey ?
Or should she apply in Turkey ? Note: she applied before and she got denied.
Thanks
you cannot apply for any one else. Technically you can fill her application online and submit. But that doesn't change where her application is processed which by default is her country of residence / citizenship which would be Turkey.

Occasionally CIC might process an application at another embassy which is easier for them to do if it was an online submission. However, a client cannot direct that, nor is it common

vishwaiitr

Dec 4, 2014
Hello FKL
I applied SOWP at VFS Bangalore 2 months back. So for no updates even for medical call. The website it has been mentioned that it takes 2 months to process. Should I write a mail to CIC or should I wait? We are worried about longer delay.

Vishwa