Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Hello, my spouse applied 3 months ago for SOWP and got an email from cic today that the status of his application has been updated and to log in to mycic. When he checked, there was no status update and no messages either. I am aware that cic emails as soon as they receive the application and he has received that email after a day of applying. We're wondering what this update could be. Is it only a glitch or could it possibly mean they have began processing the application but failed to update in mycic website? Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kamae said:
Hello, my spouse applied 3 months ago for SOWP and got an email from cic today that the status of his application has been updated and to log in to mycic. When he checked, there was no status update and no messages either. I am aware that cic emails as soon as they receive the application and he has received that email after a day of applying. We're wondering what this update could be. Is it only a glitch or could it possibly mean they have began processing the application but failed to update in mycic website? Thank you
Go through other posts on this forum mentioning that. I have seen this being mentioned now way too often. At times it is just some delay as you said, at others it is a glitche in the online system and still at others, people just failed to look at the precise place to locate the info. Check other threads, though i think there might be mentioning of this same thing with in earlier posts of this very thread. Check those out too.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
kamae said:

That problem with me too, once i got medical request than after i never got PPR, i waited n waited than i did enquiry they told me we are waiting for your passport, so i ask for PPR now let c what happen now still wait is not over.....so it does happen from their end they do send emaill but on our hand we cant see anything in email.....so i think there is some technical problem going on with their email.

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
hai
i tracked today but it showing Your passport is undelivered and has been received back at the Canada Visa Application Centre. Please contact VAC helpline number at the earliest.

any idea i got the visa or not.i did nt done medical and police clearance

SANSUVI

May 29, 2014
fkl said:
I would second Rajan's opinion +1 It sounds funny to apply for trv for a spouse - specially after failing with SOWP application. It is common sense that spouse intends to live and possibly work with husband, not just visit him shortly.

There are some things seriously odd with your case - and your explanation too.

1) It said LMO - What do you mean? Did it say you need LMO? or did it mean they are not sure of your husband's NOC and hence whether you are eligible for SOWP. That is weird because then they didn't get clear documents to recognize that your husband holds a work permit with a skilled job - and you do NOT need an LMO.

2) So probably that is the problem. Your husband didn't have a skilled job. Even when you say he got it latter probably they are not satisfied with his job responsibilities that they fall in the NOC that makes you eligible.

Funds have no bearing in case of a solid work permit application. Why would any one care if you have enough funds or not if your husband is working in a skilled position in Canada.

If it is the way you said, i.e. he has a skilled job, you should attach DETAILED job description from employer - kind of proving HIS NOC code and it should be one of NOC 0, A or B and you should be good to get SOWP.
thank you for your information,

even i believe that the consultancy did not do a good job while preparing my documents, because i understand that there is no way that LMO comes into picture. With regard to my husbands job, he is working as a web developer in a company but right now he is not earning much since it is first job in IT, and the letter provided by the company also described his duties. and according to my knowledge they fall under the NOC. can you please let m eknow your opinion?
wat you said is also right for sure it is not a good idea to apply for TRV. thanks for that opinion

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
hai
i tracked today but it showing Your passport is undelivered and has been received back at the Canada Visa Application Centre. Please contact VAC helpline number at the earliest.

any idea i got the visa or not.i did nt done medical and police clearance

mandar

Sep 22, 2013
Hi all,

I am planing to apply for SOWP from India as my spouse is full time student in Toronto. I would like to know if I am eligible to apply? I applied TRV on 13th May, 2014 but got refused.

My Docs - Forms (1295E, TRV schedule 1), Marriage certificate, marriage pics, bank statement, fds, mutual funds, Shares, ppf statement, education certificates, resume, experience letters. Can I show Parents fixed assets such as property? Any other forms and documents?

My spouse docs - College student letter, Passport copy, study permit, bank statement. Do I need invitation letter from my spouse?

Regarding ties in India what documents do I have to produce? Presently, I am not working so dont have tax info.

Please share your experience and knowledge.

Thank you,
Mandar

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
My wife's OWP got rejected applied online on February 22, 2014 and got rejection message on May 29, 2014.

Below are the reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

length of proposed stay in Canada
your personal assets and financial status.

snowboy

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
alijumani said:
My wife's OWP got rejected applied online on February 22, 2014 and got rejection message on May 29, 2014.

Below are the reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

length of proposed stay in Canada
your personal assets and financial status.
Sorry to know that you SOWP was rejected. Can you please share your status Canada and length of stay (you & spouse)? just trying to understand why it was rejected.

snowboy

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
fkl said:
You are most welcome.

Oh i see - yes your case wasn't clear earlier. Sure you can apply for work permit online and it would be treated as INSIDE Canada. Though i still wonder why are you doing it twice for your spouse, wasting time and money. You should have applied for SOWP in the first place and would have gotten trv along with work permit.

Any way here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Just to ensure your spouse got a multiple entry trv which is valid for longer than six months - preferably a year at least right? If that is not the case, you would probably have to explain in your application that she is in Canada with you being on a work permit and it is NOT JUST a visitor status.
Thanks once again. I have filled the application online and attached the required documents, just waiting to enter Canada and then submit the online application :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SANSUVI said:
thank you for your information,

even i believe that the consultancy did not do a good job while preparing my documents, because i understand that there is no way that LMO comes into picture. With regard to my husbands job, he is working as a web developer in a company but right now he is not earning much since it is first job in IT, and the letter provided by the company also described his duties. and according to my knowledge they fall under the NOC. can you please let m eknow your opinion?
wat you said is also right for sure it is not a good idea to apply for TRV. thanks for that opinion
You are most welcome. You don't need consultants to do this stuff for you, specially when they don't really add any value to your file against the money they charge.

With the limited info you provided, i suspect that your husband's compensation is lower for the NOC and role he is working on. Probably you should look at the details of his NOC and compare the minimum pay needed as well as the job profile. With multiple rejections as you mentioned, you probably should have ordered GCMS notes to get the precise reasoning put in by the VO. Though these things generally are addressed when issuing LMO to the applicant himself but i really can't say any thing beyond this without any details. If i were in your shoes, i won't reapply without getting detailed notes. Since he is in Canada, it should be pretty easy to get those with your authorization

Viky

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2007
Finally got my approval e-mail for SOWP from CIC after 4 long months.
Paper based application at VFS Chennai, India on 27th January along with passport and medicals.
Additional documents (marriage photos) requested on March 21, medicals requested (again) on May 22.

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Viky said:
Finally got my approval e-mail for SOWP from CIC after 4 long months.
Paper based application at VFS Chennai, India on 27th January along with passport and medicals.
Additional documents (marriage photos) requested on March 21, medicals requested (again) on May 22.
Finally good news in the Forum...

congrats.....

Did you apply by your own..or did u hire the lawyer or consultant....

Rajan

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Hi,

I am in Canada on work permit. My job comes under NOC A level.My work permit is valid till feb ,2015.my husband is in india. Can I apply online for him . If so, which docs do I need.
Also our PR application is in processing under CEC category.

Any advise.

Thanks,

Viky

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2007
Rajan Grover said:
Finally good news in the Forum...

congrats.....

Did you apply by your own..or did u hire the lawyer or consultant....

Rajan
Thanks. Applied on my own.