+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Then how does this applicable to get Spouse GCMS notes and u said which are only applicable to inside canada applicants...and SWOP supposed to get applied from outside canada or online with home land address details....?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
kalpan said:
Then how does this applicable to get Spouse GCMS notes and u said which are only applicable to inside canada applicants...and SWOP supposed to get applied from outside canada or online with home land address details....?
you get your spouse to sign a consent form and upload the same with the request

warhound

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Phew ! I went through all 34 pages before posting !

I am currently a graduate of a college in Manitoba who will be applying for the PNP in August. When I graduated in jan, it didnt occur to me to pay focus on the NOC categories as the company I had been interning with since 8 months offered be the job of a Load Broker in a logistics firm and I needed to work only 6 months before I could file the PNP

Now, as fate would have it, I will be getting married in June but jobs in logistics do not fall in NOC 0 A or B. Yes a shift supervisor at a deli is apparently more skilled ;D

To bring the Mrs. over, I can either wait till October when our PNP should get processed or I can try bringing her here on TRV. She would not qualify for OWP because of my NOC level.

What works in my advantage are substantial personal liquid assets as well as properties in parents name of which I am the sole beneficiary as per their will. Must I individually add my to be wife's name on every document such as bank statements / fixed deposits etc etc or merely being my wife is enough to show them as joint assets ?

Also, what else could i possibly do to strengthen our case ? she applied for a vistor visa before us getting married and was refused because of insufficient personal assets and unconvincing purpose of visit.

Thank s

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
apply for TRV with proper docs..

request ur employer to change ur designation pertainng to noc code

send me a pm if u need any further assistance

d.soni1987

Oct 25, 2013
Hi

Here's the situation...

• My wife, a physiotherapist with 4.5 yrs of experience, is an international student in Canada studying 1 year program at a Canadian public funded institute in Ontario. She has thus far completed her classroom academics and would be starting her 500 hrs internship starting this week post which she would be applying for her PGWP.

• Although her program commenced in September 2013, we got engaged before she left and got married during her trip to India in December 2013. After she left in January 2014, I applied for a Canadian TRV in March 2014 citing my intention to spend sometime with my wife in Canada after her 2nd semester final exams having leave certificate, notarized invitation letter from my uncle in Canada stating both me and my wife would be staying with his family, along with his Notice of Assessment, Pay stubs and all supporting bank statements and social documents. The TRV was denied twice (online applications), first one within 18 hrs of application, although the second time, CIC didn't even give a rejection reason. Although, despite showing 6,50,000 INR, 2,50,000 in investments and valuation reports of real estate owned by my mom and dad along with their salary slips and PF statements; a refusal letter was sent after 3 weeks of rejection mentioning "Insifficient Financial Status" claus.

• P.S. I am a consultant involved in Canadian Education Domain since last one year with a renowned consultancy with ICCRC membership. Also, an avid reader of this forum, I have been mentally prepared that applying for a TRV is a wild goose chase as the chances of success are extremely rare and the supporting grouds for refusal pretty vague

• I would be applying for a SOWP now going further, so my question begins here. I have already secured a job offer with a renowned law firm in Canada involved in education counseling and immigration (typically the same job responsibilities I have here in my current job in India). Since I have never dealt with WP or TRV applications for Canada, here are my concerns... WHAT SHOULD BE THE TYPE OF WP I SHOULD CHOOSE IN THE APPLICATION FORM? I understand that being a spouse of an international student I don't need LMO, however, should the option of OPEN WORK PERMIT be chosen or EXEMPTION FROM LMO?

• I would be going the VFS route of application now. How imperative is the bank statement reflecting liquid cash in this case? I have an annual sal of around 4 lacs, my parents are into govt job with combined salaries over 16 lacs, i have investments worth 2.5 lacs apprx. I am attaching an affidavit of support form my parents, along with their salary statements and PF statements.

Need suggestions guys. Here are the list of docs I am attaching this time around: Offer letter, application form, educational docs, Current company's exp letter, CV, Affidavit of support from parents with their salary slips, Letter of invite from spouse (in canada), her passport, her stamped visa, her internship letter, her tickets of her India visit in Dec along with snapshots of passport stamping, Marriage certificate, Marriage photographs and Upfront medical test. I am deliberately contemplating leaving out bank statements to keep the case open ended. Please suggest...

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
if u have to consider my suggestion - read below :

apply for GCMS first
understand the reasons for rejections
support docs proving change of situation per GCMS

let me know if u need furthe rhelp

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
Hi to everybody.

I'm sorry that somebody already asked about this but I cant find this anywhere.

Can somebody give me link to paper application for SOWP from Canada, and what forms do we need to fill out? Cic site is so confusing and I cant find those forms anywhere.. :(

Thanks

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hello,

My husband works in Alberta, Canada and his Job is in NOC A category. I live in Bangladesh and wants to go to Canada. My husband applied for PR and included me in his application after we got married. This application is now being processed.

I am wondering whether I am eligible to apply for spousal open work permit from Bangladesh? If I am eligible how can I fill the following questions for the IMM 1295 form?
a) Name of Employer
b) Complete address of Employer
c) Intended location of Employment in Canada
d) My occupation in Canada will be

The form also asks my employment history. Since I just graduated, I don't have any employment history. How can I fill the following fields then?
a) Current occupation
b) Company name
c) From (when I started my job)
please note that all these fields are required. I have no idea what to write for these fields. Any help will be highly appreciated.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Since your husband is in NOC A, yes you are eligible to apply for SOWP from Bangladesh.

You can write "Not applicable" in employer details. In intended location you can just put your husband's city. You can do the same about your occupation in Canada. Might write not applicable or may be write one that you intend to work in. In employment history, you can fill the dates, name and program of your education.

If at some place a date is mandatory and the event being "Not applicable" doesn't get you around with the date, just put the current day's date there.

N_Rockstar2014 said:
Hello,

My husband works in Alberta, Canada and his Job is in NOC A category. I live in Bangladesh and wants to go to Canada. My husband applied for PR and included me in his application after we got married. This application is now being processed.

I am wondering whether I am eligible to apply for spousal open work permit from Bangladesh? If I am eligible how can I fill the following questions for the IMM 1295 form?
a) Name of Employer
b) Complete address of Employer
c) Intended location of Employment in Canada
d) My occupation in Canada will be

The form also asks my employment history. Since I just graduated, I don't have any employment history. How can I fill the following fields then?
a) Current occupation
b) Company name
c) From (when I started my job)
please note that all these fields are required. I have no idea what to write for these fields. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Reactions: Pam_Pam

Ironchef

Apr 17, 2013
Amman Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
Done
Med's Request
May 6, 2013
Med's Done....
May 12, 2013
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
11-12-2014
do we need job offer if I am going to apply for SWOP?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ironchef said:
do we need job offer if I am going to apply for SWOP?
No you don't need a job offer and can apply for SOWP as long as the primary Spouse has a job in Canada in NOC 0, A or B.

Iskanner

Apr 29, 2014
Hello,
I have already here LMO, job offer, job contract etc. I just want to ask question, can we both apply for a work permit? For my wife is SOPW or I will apply first, after a few months she will apply. can someone enlighten me about this matter? NOC 8252... Thank you very much...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Iskanner said:
Hello,
I have already here LMO, job offer, job contract etc. I just want to ask question, can we both apply for a work permit? For my wife is SOPW or I will apply first, after a few months she will apply. can someone enlighten me about this matter? NOC 8252... Thank you very much...
I don't know if NOC 8252 is one of NOC 0, A or B. Please verify. But if so, you can (and my suggestion - SHOULD) apply together, if you don't want your wife to have unnecessary delays latter. There is no requirement of doing alone first and applying for family latter.