+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

star101

Jan 25, 2014
Hi,
anyone who applied for spouse open work permit recently (in 2014) from Pakistan and received response from CHC ? Please share your experience ?

My spouse applied on Feb 13 and up till now there is no response ???

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
star101 said:
Hi,
anyone who applied for spouse open work permit recently (in 2014) from Pakistan and received response from CHC ? Please share your experience ?

My spouse applied on Feb 13 and up till now there is no response ???
Hello Star, my wife is also applied for SOWP online CHC Islamabad on February 22, 2014 and yet to receive any response. I guess I am not alone who is waiting well hang in there mate.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
star101 said:
Hey,
Is this delay normal ???

Should we e-mail them for status update ???
The average processing time for work permit from Islamabad is 6 months. Can you please share what documents did your spouse enclosed to support the application?

Did your spouse applied paper application or online?

star101

Jan 25, 2014
alijumani said:
The average processing time for work permit from Islamabad is 6 months. Can you please share what documents did your spouse enclosed to support the application?

Did your spouse applied paper application or online?
Its online, well we followed the checklist that CHC (Pakistan) has for paper based applicants.

in 2013 some people received medical calls in 45 - 55 days (online/paper based), not sure why the process is slow in 2014, one of the factor can be due to the summer/spring session study permit applicants.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
star101 said:
Its online, well we followed the checklist that CHC (Pakistan) has for paper based applicants.

in 2013 some people received medical calls in 45 - 55 days (online/paper based), not sure why the process is slow in 2014, one of the factor can be due to the summer/spring session study permit applicants.
Mostly likely yes that could be the reason. Well I have ordered GCMS notes and the ETA will be 1st May let see what happen. Please let me know about the update on you application.

Well my wife does not have any prior work experience as she just finished her MSc in December 2013. What about your partner?

star101

Jan 25, 2014
alijumani said:
Mostly likely yes that could be the reason. Well I have ordered GCMS notes and the ETA will be 1st May let see what happen. Please let me know about the update on you application.
---- Yeah sure and you as well please.

Well my wife does not have any prior work experience as she just finished her MSc in December 2013. What about your partner?
---- I think prior experience is not mandatory in this case, having a good qualification can be a plus here, mine has a bachelor degree and is employed.
What is GCMS ? and How to order GCMS ?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
star101 said:
What is GCMS ? and How to order GCMS ?
GCMS notes gives you the actual picture of your file i.e. what is happening with your file in CHC.

this is the youtube link for step by step guidelines.

GCMS NOTES

star101

Jan 25, 2014
alijumani said:
GCMS notes gives you the actual picture of your file i.e. what is happening with your file in CHC.

this is the youtube link for step by step guidelines.
Did your spouse submit upfront medical?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi Guys,
GCMS is only for who r in canada right now r anywhere in the world.....when i fill its asking apt...postal code...unit no...etc...what do u say?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
kalpan said:
Hi Guys,
GCMS is only for who r in canada right now r anywhere in the world.....when i fill its asking apt...postal code...unit no...etc...what do u say?
Only the person who currently lives in Canada can apply for GCMS