+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Ben0101 said:
Hi Roop: Yes you are right the first 2 times i had applied for visitor. this time i applied for OWP as my wife is there working in Canada.

- Ben
Yeah...Lot of people do that..Although Visitor Visa takes less time but has higher rejections rate. Its better to apply OWP-S...I get a feeling you will get it this time around!! Good Luck

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
tzr said:
Guys can u suggest me what all shall I include to show relationship proof
If married....Marriage Certificate, Translated marriage certificate (if original in local language), Pictures from marriage, Joint bank accounts proof

If a Common-in-law partner...Rental Agreement, Atleast recent 3 Receipts of Rent paid, Affidavit to prove you live together, Joint bank accounts

habsky

Jul 9, 2013
phil
Category........
Visa Office......
MNLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Nomination.....
30-07-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
samir3132 said:
Hi habsky,

You can add any document you want to option other document.
ok thanks a lot. i will try to upload it now

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Hi Guys!

Has anyone in this grp received a request for OLD passport as an additional document request??

Thanks in advance!
Ben

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
Ben0101 said:
Hi Shaya:

Can you check it online? I can and its showing "under processing".
I am hopeful tat since the strike is over things will pic up and they will complete June and july applications this mnt..
I will keep u posted if i hear anything. I have also submitted a case specific inquiry but havent heard anything yet.

- Ben

Thanks Ben,
But i am unable track my application online. Yes even i have that the strike is over. So lets hope for the best. Even i'll keep you posted if i get some information or reply from CIC.

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Hi Guys!

Has anyone in this grp received a request for OLD passport as an additional document request??

Thanks in advance!
Ben

sidejacker

Sep 11, 2013
Ben0101 said:
Hi Guys!

Thanks in advance!
Ben
I have, they will check your travel history.

RAJ_74

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
samir3132 said:
Hi raj
I have similar situation going to extend my work permit with Lmo and also going to apply SWP and child visitor visa going to apply online next week
What reason they give you for rejection of spouse work permit before?
Samir,
The reasons were as below for rejection of OWP:-
1)NO TRAVEL
2)NO SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP(I MARRIED SECOND TIME AFTER DEATH OF MY WIFE AND SON.)
3)INCOME DOCUMENTS NOT SATISFACTORY.
4)INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE OF INCOME AND FUNDS.

FINALLY MENTIONED THAT I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT APPLICANT WILL DEPART CANADA AFTER AUTHORISED PERIOD OF STAY.

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Hi ,

i am in india.. and my husband applied owp for me for which he submitted online application though attorney in canada...now i dont know where the case will be processed exactly

will it be processed in Delhi?Huh?

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
RAJ_74 said:
Samir,
The reasons were as below for rejection of OWP:-
1)NO TRAVEL
2)NO SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP(I MARRIED SECOND TIME AFTER DEATH OF MY WIFE AND SON.)
3)INCOME DOCUMENTS NOT SATISFACTORY.
4)INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE OF INCOME AND FUNDS.

FINALLY MENTIONED THAT I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT APPLICANT WILL DEPART CANADA AFTER AUTHORISED PERIOD OF STAY.
Hi Raj:

When did u file for ur application and when did u receive the passport?

- Ben

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
samir3132 said:
Hi habsky,

You can add any document you want to option other document.
Hi Samir:

Has the online doc (excel ) been updated. Today is see something diff. Is there a new link for the old one?

- ben

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
I think they accept only PDF and word I submitted in this two

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Vin2810 said:
Is there anyway I can check the status of my Spouse OWP application that I applied online?
No, only permanent resident applications have some online status (even those are pretty obvious and change rarely). But no such privilege exists for temp resident applications. The only ways are either to email the embassy or submit a case specific inquiry through the web form provided on their website.

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
Shaya said:
Thanks Ben,
But i am unable track my application online. Yes even i have that the strike is over. So lets hope for the best. Even i'll keep you posted if i get some information or reply from CIC.
Hi
Can anyone tell me what is the processing time after medical request. What are the chances of getting OWP. Please do reply.