+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Shaya said:
Hi
Can anyone tell me what is the processing time after medical request. What are the chances of getting OWP. Please do reply.
Hi Shaya:

As per what i see its 20 days on an avg but for me its been over 6 weeks and no reply.
Also they asked for my old passport around the same time.

Thanks,
ben

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
Ben0101 said:
Hi Shaya:

As per what i see its 20 days on an avg but for me its been over 6 weeks and no reply.
Also they asked for my old passport around the same time.

Thanks,
ben
Hi,
Ben can u tell me now what are the chances of getting OWP. And in ur case when u got the request that time there was strike going on. Now the processing of applications are faster.

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Shaya said:
Hi,
Ben can u tell me now what are the chances of getting OWP. And in ur case when u got the request that time there was strike going on. Now the processing of applications are faster.
I had applied for visitor twice before and this time i am applying for OWP. The chances seem better than visitor but i think some extent luck is also a factor ... unfortunately..
When i applied there was a strike going on. I hope things pick up speed. I dnt know y even after my medical documents so long ago there is no news.. I will keep u posted.
- Ben

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Vin2810 said:
I think CIC is processing the June/July OWPs this month so lets hope we hear back something soon.
Which visa office are you referring to?

jignesh979

Jul 5, 2012
Hiii.. I want to apply for spouse dependent work permit.. What is the minimum balance that my wife should show there in canada in her savibg account?? Plzzz rply me

jignesh979

Jul 5, 2012
Plzzz rply me. I want to know how much my wife should show minimum balance in saving accounts there in canada if i want to apply from spose open work permit??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
jignesh979 said:
Plzzz rply me. I want to know how much my wife should show minimum balance in saving accounts there in canada if i want to apply from spose open work permit??
There is no such requirement as far as you have a skilled job in NOC 0, A or B. Your annual salary in Canada should be sufficient to cover that

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
Ben0101 said:
I applied VFS mumbai. my application was received by delhi office on 8 July.
- Ben
Did anyone receive any reply about their OWP who applied in June or July. Please reply.

Vin2810

Aug 26, 2013
I got the medical request for my PR application so I am thinking they won't ask me to do the medicals again for the SOWP.

Just a bit of background:

I applied for a new SOWP on 24th July and added my name to my husband's PR file at the same time. My husband is an Ontario PNP nominee with his PR file in process.

Sep 6, 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos
NOC Code......
Spousal Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
My timeline: Applied September 10, online.
Visa office: Lagos, Nigeria
Yet to hear anything.