Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
persianguy said:
Please help !

My wife just submitted her open work permit application , and we received a message in CIC message box which says that she needs to do Biometrics within 30 days. I thought this should be done after the documents are reviewed.

1.Does this mean that until she doesn't do the biometric, the documents won't be reviewed ? I mean does she need to go there AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so not to delay the process ?

2.What documents does she need to take with herself ? Is it only passport and the biometric letter ? because the CIC website really provides incomplete information (I found this while I was filling the forms ! there were some forms which were actually required but they didn't tell us)
Does she need to take original version of the documents with herself ?

3.Does she need to book an appointment before going for a biometric ? or she can go to one of the offices without any appointment and does the biometric ?

Thanks a lot

1. Yes she needs to go and take biometric asap.

2. I think only passport and letter should be enough.

3. Why doesn't she call the center and check first?

Biometric was introducted much latter so i haven't personally experienced the process. But i assume it would be similar to medicals. So you would need appointment and should do it asap. Else your application will be hung till then.

I don't know how it accepted application without family information form. At least until a couple years ago, there was no way to avoid it. Still i would suggest its better that she fills and emails it or submit it via case specific inquiry page available on cic website. It is always better to submit additional information if you are not sure if that is required or not. Additional stuff doesn't hurt but if one of those is needed, it would waste time at best and at worst could get you a refusal

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
i am a spouse of a canadian skilled worker. got rejected 3 times when my wife is worked in unskilled job in canada. i previously worked 5 years in saudi arabia. shall i need saudi PCC to apply for my spousal open workpermit?

in my rejection letter they mensioned my 'travel history'. any one knows pls help me am tensed
bobby

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
bobbyputhenveettil said:
i am a spouse of a canadian skilled worker. got rejected 3 times when my wife is worked in unskilled job in canada. i previously worked 5 years in saudi arabia. shall i need saudi PCC to apply for my spousal open workpermit?

in my rejection letter they mensioned my 'travel history'. any one knows pls help me am tensed
bobby
I am not sure what you meant there. First you said you are the spouse of a canadian skilled worker. But then you said i got rejected when my wife (was working) in unskilled job. Which one is it? If you meant that earlier she was working in an unskilled job and NOW she has a skilled job, then that should be enough. Just submit enough proof of her NOC being skilled.

You have to provide police clearance from every country you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18.

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
thanks for the reply .ya u r right fkl . my wife is in skilled job ( registered practical nurse ) now. but before she was worked as ' shift supervisor' in a fast food chain . at that time i applied and refused. shall i need saudi PCC for SOWP to apply again. pls help

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
fkl said:
I am not sure what you meant there. First you said you are the spouse of a canadian skilled worker. But then you said i got rejected when my wife (was working) in unskilled job. Which one is it? If you meant that earlier she was working in an unskilled job and NOW she has a skilled job, then that should be enough. Just submit enough proof of her NOC being skilled.

You have to provide police clearance from every country you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18.
hello sir i can send my GCMS/CAIPS notes to you if u give me u r mail ID. pls help i need Saudi PCC or not?. because it is not easy to acquire saudi PCC when we are outside saudi. pls help...

joshy008

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 5 2013
Nomination.....
july 10
AOR Received.
OCTOBER 9
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
0CTOBER 9
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 29
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 4 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nov 21 2014
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 11 2014
Hi bobbyputhenveettil

did you submitted any of your application after your wife became RPN ...i applied for my wife in las september and i got approved in 3 days..you have to show documents of your spouse along with your documents what supporting documents you submitted ?is there any other reason for your refusel

nameka

Nov 12, 2014
Hi Fkl,

I have sent you a message regarding Regarding Visitor Dependent Visa. Kindly go to Canada Immigration Forum > Personal Messages > Inbox and let me know your comments

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
bobbyputhenveettil said:
hello sir i can send my GCMS/CAIPS notes to you if u give me u r mail ID. pls help i need Saudi PCC or not?. because it is not easy to acquire saudi PCC when we are outside saudi. pls help...
You can send me a personal message on the forum too or copy email there.

I already wrote above earlier "Need Police clearance from any places you lived for more than six months since the age of 18." If you lived in Saudia for more than six months you need it.

I have seen this mentioned before on this forum. I guess there are a lot of people who managed the saudi PCC one way or the other. Searching with exact key words on this forum might help.

P.S. The is a plain information sharing forum and we are all peers - No need for formalities :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
curious_123 said:
SHall I mention that I am eligible for OHIP and other medical benefits during my application of OWP outside canada?
Every one applying for a work / study permit is eligible for Health care (with or without waiting period depending upon province - Ontario has 3 month waiting i believe). So i don't see why / how and where would you think of mentioning it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nameka said:
Hi Fkl,

I have sent you a message regarding Regarding Visitor Dependent Visa. Kindly go to Canada Immigration Forum > Personal Messages > Inbox and let me know your comments
Hi nameka, responded to your pm

chhvip2301

Sep 5, 2014
calgary, canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
Hi !

i am currently in Calgary, Alberta on a TRV ( Visitor visa) with entry of 6 months and the visa is valid until 2020. i am here to be with my husband who is on a post graduate work permit visa n permit until 2017. i want to apply for an open work permit inside canada. is that possible ? my husband is full-time working with aviation industry as a server administrator (IT) which comes under skilled occupation.

what all forms and documents are required for the same. if in case i get a permit do i need to exit the country to activate the visa Huh i have a US Valid visa as well until 2023.

would really appreciate your help.

thank you !

canada_call

Jan 15, 2015
Hi,
I am planning to move to Canada from USA. I would get work permit as high skilled labor. My employer will file it. Can my wife apply for open work permit at the same time? Can she apply before getting a job offer as it is open work permit?

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
canada_call said:
Hi,
I am planning to move to Canada from USA. I would get work permit as high skilled labor. My employer will file it. Can my wife apply for open work permit at the same time? Can she apply before getting a job offer as it is open work permit?

Thanks
Your employer will only file LMIA if applicable which is approval from government to hire a foreign worker. Then you would apply to Canadian embassy for work permit on the basis of that LMIA. Since it is a highly skilled job, your spouse is eligible for SOWP. You can apply together i.e. after receiving LMIA. And she simply needs to choose work permit type as "Open" and in fields asking for details of employer in Canada - "Not applicable".

Your Job offer and LMIA would be proof of HER eligibility for SOWP as well.

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
hi fkl thanks for the information i gave an agency to acquire my saudi PCC. and in my CAIPS notes they noted that i dont hae an IELTS for my SOWP application . pls help me.. shall i need to submit an IELTS to apply again?