Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
DeH said:
Thanks once again Fkl,
I forgot to mention in the previous post regarding the documents that she submitted. Below are the documents that she submitted.
Her Documents (Applicant)
IMM1295
IMM 5645
IMM 5257
Bank statement and FD with sufficient funds
Payslips (last 6 months)
Cover letter
SOP
degree certificate
previous company offer letter and relieving letter.
Current company offer letter
Income tax returns - last 2 years
Marriage invitation and photographs

Husband's Documents.
Copy of passport, immigration and visa
Invitation letter by University
invitation letter by husband.

Was anything missing in the above documents?

I willl check out the link and will see what best can be done.

You are welcome. Documents look good to me in general.

I assume you meant marriage "certificate". Also the docs included husband's study permit (that is different from visa). Probably if the invitation letter by university is recent (it shows husband is actually studying and satisfactorily proceeding in his program) stating that "X is working with us since ... and would continue along and now his wife is applying from home country to be with him" should be good.

DeH

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
fkl said:
You are welcome. Documents look good to me in general.

I assume you meant marriage "certificate". Also the docs included husband's study permit (that is different from visa). Probably if the invitation letter by university is recent (it shows husband is actually studying and satisfactorily proceeding in his program) stating that "X is working with us since ... and would continue along and now his wife is applying from home country to be with him" should be good.
Yup. It's marriage certificate.
Regarding the invitation letter it does mention that "I am writing in support of Mr. (name) spouse’s application for a visa and work permit. According to Section 5.22 of OP12, spouses/common-law partners of fulltime
students (who are not themselves students) are eligible for open or open/restricted work permits, depending on whether medical requirements have been met." Also it mentions that she is married to him and he is a full time student of Royal roads and is in good academic standing, and has paid to date for all courses. In detail they have mentioned about his visa and have given their official email address for reference/ clarification if any.

I am just crossing my fingers for my visa and I will suggest my friend to go for GCMS notes. :)

jieu2969

Apr 2, 2013
fkl said:
If she has been working in a SKILLED job NOC 0, A or B which should be verifiable on paper through her detailed job description issued by employer, she can.

However, by jan 2015 process would change some what because of Express entry program, which would basically still have CEC in it as one of the eligible programs but basically would process cases of those people faster which have a confirmed job in Canada
Thanks @fkl, this clears my doubt.

joshi9

Oct 1, 2014
fkl said:
Hi joshi,

You are most welcome. Here is all that is to know about gcms notes, including the procedure. You need some body in Canada usually to get those (which you are already) and can apply for those on behalf of your spouse. It would take close to a month to get those.

What do they exactly contain. They contain specific notes by the visa officer in assessment of your application.

Things like "PA (principal applicant) has not been working in the same profession in home country so i doubt his intent is the same job. ...". It is CIC's internal record and would be in front of the next case officer when you reapply. In the normal refusal letters, they just try to cover / justify all grounds of refusal. This kind of results into a very generic reason for refusal and doesn't help an applicant figure out the problem.

If you google a bit on this forum, you would find many examples in which people have quoted their gcms notes asking questions about those. That would give you a pretty good idea. Get those real reasons and applying next time, attach a cover letter mentioning and addressing those - very clearly.

Most likely it is some thing you can fix with documentation or just simply some glitch in your current application. If unsure, post notes on the forum and you would get a pretty comprehensive advice from a good number of people.

All the best
Hey fkl,

Thank you for all your help boss..
My wife has go the W1 and she will be with me soon.

God Bless You! :)

p3

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th March 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals passed on 10th March 2015
Hi i hv applied for an open work permit on 24th of dec on the basis of my husbands closed work permit. My husband is a chef n he belongs to the skilled worker category. I want to know if there are chances of my work permit to get approved. N when can i expect for a medical request.please reply to my post

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
SOWP application not submitted but showing "Details" as "Processing Submission"

Hi All,

This may sound a bit weird but I am stuck in a peculiar issue while submitting my SOWP application.

I filled the application, uploaded all document, signed off electronically, reached the payment page and even filled CC details but before submitting realized an update required in the application...

I went back by clicking a link provided there.

Now the application is showing under "Continue my application/Not submitted" section of my profile but the "Details" header is showing as "Processing Submission" :(

I do not see any way to proceed with the application and give the payment (or make a small change for which I messed this up :()

Can anyone guide what has happened here and how can I rectify this.

Thanks in Advance.
caimi

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@joshi - You are most welcome. Congrats and all the very best.

@p3 - Assuming you submitted all proper docs i.e. showing that your spouse has a skilled position and submitted strong proof of your relationship, you should get through fine. Medical request or net processing time totally depends upon how good and clear a case you have, which embassy you applied through (its average processing time for work permits) as well as what time of year you applied and how much embassy is busy those days. So nothing can be said because of all of these factors.

@Caimi - its very hard for any one to give feedback of a particular sequence of steps due to which things went wrong in a particular web session. All i can tell you is that its not a known situation. The possible suggestions i can give are a) try to cancel the current application / account and start from scratch b) Try a different browser (IE vs Chrome vs FF), make sure you got JS and cookies enabled and adode flash player etc. if present are correctly working. c) If none of this works, then probably email CIC support (or call help line if you are in Canada to either get them to rectify this or cancel the account). Even if you are remote, i believe their website maintenance team should be able to fix or at least remove your account (if not charged / submitted already) so you could start from scratch

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Hi everyone ,

Currently I'm on Post Graduate Work Permit. I did my Master's at McGill University and was graduated in 2013. I started my job 3 weeks ago as a Software Developer in Vancouver. me and my wife were in relationship for 6.5 years and we married in August 2014. I'm paid well.

I want to apply for her visa so she can come here to Canada and join me. I haven't applied for PR yet. I heard there are two ways to apply for her visa :

1.Visitor visa : which I heard is very risky and most of the time doesn't work.
2.Open work permit with Temporary resident visa

QUESTION 1: Is it a right decision to apply open work permit for her ? Is it the type that should be usually applied ?

I'm applying for the second one for my wife. I filled the eligiblity form online and I answered to all the question :

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

Do you have a written offer from an employer in Canada?
No

Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common-law partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a temporary worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution?
Yes

Are you of working age, and a dependent of a person who is (or will be)
o working in Canada, or
o a full-time student at a designated learning institution?
Yes

What type of work permit do you want to apply for?
A work permit for a spouse, common-law partner or child of a skilled worker or international student

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?
Yes

Now that I want to upload our documents on CIC website, I have a document checklist which I believe lacks a lot of things !

It requires us to upload these documents :

1.Digital Photo
2.Copy of Passport
3.Proof of relationship

Optional :
1.Schedule 1
2.Letter of explanation

I thought that I have to provide some documents about ties back our country, her work experience and education, my employment letter, my work permit and visa and financial abilities and lots of other documents. But they are not required !!! and I don't know where to upload them !

I'm getting nervous that I'm doing something wrong or I have to apply another type of visa for her.

I would appreciate your help if you could help me.

p3

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th March 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals passed on 10th March 2015
Hey fkl,is it necessary to show his canadian bank statement as well?? We did nt submit any letter from from the employment as he has a.closed work permit so that itself has all the details. I submitted the following documents:-

Our marriage certificate
Our joint account bank statement with 6lakhs balance
His work pemit & visa
My LIC
His passport copy
My educational documents
Cover letter to the high commission
My recent work experience letter
My job offer letter
My oldest & newest salary slips

Are these many documents enough for my open work permit to get approved?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
you are most welcome @caimi

@persianguy - you are doing every thing correctly. Just add all the additional docs scanned into a single pdf with a title page showing what is included and upload it in either letter of explanation or any other logically appropriate field.

Unfortunately, CIC does not list down each of these docs online but they are needed and could cause you a refusal if that's not the case. So add as much info as possible.

One very important thing for you. Since you are on PGWP you need a job experience letter clearly mentioning your duties in detail and proving which NOC they match with. For some one to qualify as SOWP, the principal applicant need to hold a skilled position (NOC 0, A or B). It is more tricky in case of PGWP hence substantial proof from your work is needed. Else CIC often refuses saying "you have not demonstrated that you are LMO exempt (to spouse)"

Hope that helps

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Dear fkl ,

Thanks for your helpful response !

Do I need to send a copy of my own entry visa (I'm already sending a copy of my work permit) and a copy of her police certificate too ? I heard if someone wants to stay in Canada more than 6 months , she/he has to provide police certificate of the country of residence too , is it right ?

Thanks,
Arian

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@persianguy,

You are most welcome.

Work permit copy should be enough. Yes, you are right about police certificates. You have to provide certificates from every country / city you have lived for more than six months since the age of 18. This obviously includes home country.

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Thanks again ,

I heard that I have to fill Family Information form too !

So what are the forms that I have to fill besides "Application for Work Permit made outside of Canada (IMM1295E)" and "Schedule 1" ?

So there's one "Family Information form" and what else ?

That's really confusing ! I'm worried that they need a form and I don't fill !

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Please help !

My wife just submitted her open work permit application , and we received a message in CIC message box which says that she needs to do Biometrics within 30 days. I thought this should be done after the documents are reviewed.

1.Does this mean that until she doesn't do the biometric, the documents won't be reviewed ? I mean does she need to go there AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so not to delay the process ?

2.What documents does she need to take with herself ? Is it only passport and the biometric letter ? because the CIC website really provides incomplete information (I found this while I was filling the forms ! there were some forms which were actually required but they didn't tell us)
Does she need to take original version of the documents with herself ?

3.Does she need to book an appointment before going for a biometric ? or she can go to one of the offices without any appointment and does the biometric ?

Thanks a lot