+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hi everyone.
Im new and having a question about my situation. Im holding my PGWP which is valid until 2015 May and my wife is an international student fulltime. her study permit is valid til 2016 Jun. am I eligible to apply for new Open Work Permit or extend my old WP which is based on my wife's study permit?
Many Thanks

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
jeet dhani said:
Hiii friends... ......i received a mail for the passport dispatch .....dnt knw abt the result.....and tomorrow is sat will i get pp tomorrow or on monday??

Thanks for the help . .............
Very tensed till i get the pp stamped .... ....
Applied on 19th sept paper application upfront medicals. What will be the result,???
Pls share ur views
Hope for the best ...

Everything gonna be alright ....Just stay positive ..
Till now have you got any e-mail regarding approval??

Stay positive ..Some people in this forum didn't get the email for Approval.

Raj

jeet dhani

Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for the rep raj.
I hv only received a mail stating that your processed pp is dispatched from new delhi visa office to abad visa application centre....thatz it..

What we can think of it???

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
jeet dhani said:
Thanks for the rep raj.
I hv only received a mail stating that your processed pp is dispatched from new delhi visa office to abad visa application centre....thatz it..

What we can think of it???
I understand it's very tensing situation . but don't worry stay positive ...?

Nothing can be say in this moment ...try to stay positive...

i have seen so many persons in this forum who haven't got the mail ..just got the special package in which they have their life..

Don't worry everything gonna be alright..

Your's was paper application from where??

Raj

jeet dhani

Sep 12, 2014
Thanks raj..

.. hope fully i will get it as documents were quite strong and 39th working day it was today....so they might hv processed it positively so it took this much time , other wise they dnt take so much time if any query they hv....fingers crossed

unlucky man

Oct 19, 2012
hi jeet

my case rejected 60 days after , if you not get mail visa has approved its 90% case rejection only, check one more time mail , be positive god will help you

jasmeen toor

Aug 15, 2012
Hi, I am new to this forum and need somebody help to clear my doubts. I applied for my husband as SOWP on 8 oct 2014,got medical request on 11 oct . Medical done 13 oct and status changed to pass 21 oct. Got passport request on 11 nov 2014 and passport sent 12 nov.
Did anybody know why they ask for passport. Is the file approved or rejected.They also sent a letter stating
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
jasmeen toor said:
Hi, I am new to this forum and need somebody help to clear my doubts. I applied for my husband as SOWP on 8 oct 2014,got medical request on 11 oct . Medical done 13 oct and status changed to pass 21 oct. Got passport request on 11 nov 2014 and passport sent 12 nov.
Did anybody know why they ask for passport. Is the file approved or rejected.They also sent a letter stating
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Yes! your spouse work permit application has been approved congrats. Shall very much appreciate if you kindly share the list of documents you submit with your online application from both end and which CHC did you applied ?

jasmeen toor

Aug 15, 2012
I am on study permit,so my documents was
study permit
letter of enrolment with statement showing my paid fees
bank statement: $4000
passport copy

Husband documents:
Marriage certificate
pictures before and after marriage(lot of old pictures)
FD: $20000(which was recently made ie (29 september 2014)
working as a agriculture
proof of working;J farm of 2 years
passport copy
representative form
family information form
TRV- Schedule 10
Explanation Letter
IELTS
Birth Certificate
police clearence

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
jasmeen toor said:
Passport requirements
I would say it is almost approved, unless they discover some problem with your passport. Or in extremely rare cases - if they overlooked something and only discover a problem after getting passport.

Otherwise, passport is asked for stamping visa (W-1) for a worker. You would get a letter of work permit approval along and actual work permit is issued at the port of entry when landing in Canada. However, work permit only allows you to work, it doesn't allow you to enter / exit Canada unless you belong to a visa exempt country.

So for stamping visa they need passport.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Sadly, My SOWP has been rejected. This was the first time I applied for it and not sure about the reasons yet.
Thinking about reapplying. Can anyone please tell me how to proceed further.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
tyn26 said:
Hi! everyone just want to share our timeline. We got refused via online last Sept 4 then re applied:

Timeline: TRV AND SOWP
(my husband is based in
Edmonton)
Applied to VFS makati (walk in)-- Sept. 23
(medical still valid)
Application has been approved--Nov. 12
Emails and Text Msgs Received that passports already dispatched back at VFS--Nov. 13
VISAs RECEIVED!--Nov. 14

Sobrang salamat Lord.
Hi,

My wife's Visa has been rejected recently. I am thinking about re-applying. Can you please tell me what you did differently the second time to get approved?

Regards
Riyas Siraj