Hey ,

What is in the passport..?

did you get the visa stamped.

Rajan
Bhai u still in Chandigarh...??

FaithLoveStrength

Sep 2, 2014
Hello:

Can anyone share the timeline for Spouse OWP? I have applied online and medical status changed to "passed". It will be a month now and I haven't heard anything from CIC, I am thinking if they have a quota for this year? And if it had been reached already?

Also, when visa is approved does anyone need an OEC/PDOS to the the Country?

Thank you.

joshi9

Oct 1, 2014
Hi fkl,

I trust you are doing well.

In the course of past few weeks, my spouse prepared and submitted the completed SOWP application at the Chandigarh VFS office. She was told 15 days processing time, but received the passport being couriered email after 20 business days. The application was refused by the visa officer for the following reason.

The letter states :
" The visa officer is not satisfied the my spouse will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for her stay. In reaching several this decision the visa officer considered several factors including :
{the following sub-points are checked:}
i. my spouse travel history. --which my spouse does not have any, as she has not left the country since birth.
ii. her family ties in Canada and in her country of residence. --does not make sense as I am the only one here and all mine and her family are back home.
iii. purpose of visit. --my spouse applied for SOWP as she is eligible to do so. I was under the impression that tourist visa was the one which could get such a rejection/refusal

Please share some advice on how to move forward from here.

I had provided my Job Letter with proof of NOC A code eligibility with the application.
I have applied for my PR as married and also provided in writing about the PR submission. Current status on that is PR application fees has been withdrawn from my account but I have not yet received a file number.

How do I proof that my spouse will return in time when actually my PR application proves dual-intent.
I do not know what to make out of this letter and how/which documents to respond with. Please help. Your expertise would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time in advance.
Best Regards

joshi9 said:
Hello @ fkl,

My spouse currently doesnot have any TRV for Canada. The SOWP will be her first application for any kind of visa for Canada. Would you please let me know that by applying for a SOWP, she will also be getting a TRV?
Please let me know at the earliest possible. I am planning for her to send in the application to VFS office by Oct 13th.

Thanks a lot in advance.
AJ

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi @joshi9,

I am sorry to hear about the refusal. Given the details you have provided, the refusal looks odd to me.

It is true that having a good travel history is positive, but not having one certainly shouldn't be treated negative. A lot of spouses didn't have any and got that in the past.

I would have asked you about details of your relationship. How long have you been married. If it was recent did you provide extra proof of contact other than just marriage registration certificate?

But these are just thoughts. The point is that the refusal is very generic and i don't think any useful information can be acquired out of it.

You should apply for GCMS notes right away. They would tell you the real reasons specific to your case causing the refusal. Get those, address them and reapply.

All the best.

joshi9

Oct 1, 2014
Hi fkl,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I did provide additional proof of our relationship and marriage. I don't believe that would have been the reason for refusal in any way.

What does GCMS stand for? And, how do I obtain it?

Would you please shed some more insight on that? Appreciate it!

fkl said:
Hi @ joshi9,

I am sorry to hear about the refusal. Given the details you have provided, the refusal looks odd to me.

It is true that having a good travel history is positive, but not having one certainly shouldn't be treated negative. A lot of spouses didn't have any and got that in the past.

I would have asked you about details of your relationship. How long have you been married. If it was recent did you provide extra proof of contact other than just marriage registration certificate?

But these are just thoughts. The point is that the refusal is very generic and i don't think any useful information can be acquired out of it.

You should apply for GCMS notes right away. They would tell you the real reasons specific to your case causing the refusal. Get those, address them and reapply.

All the best.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi joshi,

You are most welcome. Here is all that is to know about gcms notes, including the procedure. You need some body in Canada usually to get those (which you are already) and can apply for those on behalf of your spouse. It would take close to a month to get those.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

What do they exactly contain. They contain specific notes by the visa officer in assessment of your application.

Things like "PA (principal applicant) has not been working in the same profession in home country so i doubt his intent is the same job. ...". It is CIC's internal record and would be in front of the next case officer when you reapply. In the normal refusal letters, they just try to cover / justify all grounds of refusal. This kind of results into a very generic reason for refusal and doesn't help an applicant figure out the problem.

If you google a bit on this forum, you would find many examples in which people have quoted their gcms notes asking questions about those. That would give you a pretty good idea. Get those real reasons and applying next time, attach a cover letter mentioning and addressing those - very clearly.

Most likely it is some thing you can fix with documentation or just simply some glitch in your current application. If unsure, post notes on the forum and you would get a pretty comprehensive advice from a good number of people.

All the best

TARU

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
fkl said:
Hi joshi,

You are most welcome. Here is all that is to know about gcms notes, including the procedure. You need some body in Canada usually to get those (which you are already) and can apply for those on behalf of your spouse. It would take close to a month to get those.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

What do they exactly contain. They contain specific notes by the visa officer in assessment of your application.

Things like "PA (principal applicant) has not been working in the same profession in home country so i doubt his intent is the same job. ...". It is CIC's internal record and would be in front of the next case officer when you reapply. In the normal refusal letters, they just try to cover / justify all grounds of refusal. This kind of results into a very generic reason for refusal and doesn't help an applicant figure out the problem.

If you google a bit on this forum, you would find many examples in which people have quoted their gcms notes asking questions about those. That would give you a pretty good idea. Get those real reasons and applying next time, attach a cover letter mentioning and addressing those - very clearly.

Most likely it is some thing you can fix with documentation or just simply some glitch in your current application. If unsure, post notes on the forum and you would get a pretty comprehensive advice from a good number of people.

All the best
Hi Fkl,

Please help me with my situation ...

M here in Canada on PGWP and working as Restaurant manager from last 4 months and my husband got rejected with the below reasons.

1 Purpose of Visit
2 Travel History
3 Family ties in Canada and in home country (he doesn't have any relative or family here except me.
4 You won't leave canada by end of his stay..

We have shown strong documents and good finances ..

I want to clear my doubt with you as you seems like senior and old in this forum, I am working here as restaurant manager and my salary is $15.50 per hr...is it sufficient for Spouse open work permit ..

We have got married in April 2013 and he applied on June 2013 then he got refusal after i completed my studies in 2014 i got the job he applied in aug 2014 then he got same above reasons.

Please suggest and help me about something ..What we can do ...???

What would be the main reasons behind that...?

Kindly help now what additional documents we have to show we can show that..

Regards
Taru

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys:
I would like to know if someone could help me out advising on this situation:
My spouse recently (1 day ago) got his certificate of provincial nomination. Noc D 6661 :)
We both are in work permit attached to our current employer.
Our work permit is going to expire on Dec.14th 2014.
We will send our application to PR within next week.
Currently CIC is taking 2 months for giving AOR.
So my husband doesn't have time to wait for AOR and then apply for Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP), so we are planning to apply for extension work permit for my husband. My question is:
Can we apply together for both work permit (extension and BOWP respectively) or should both apply for extension?
Your answers will be very much appreciated. Thank you! ;)

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
jeet dhani said:
Hii Jobin ..... grt news ...hope u get ur passport stamped....

U applied.on 24 oct itself ? So quick it is and paper application ....grt... .where did u apply from???
my visa again rejection total 4 rejection
reson,-family ties,fund,travel history

TARU

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
jobin007ae said:
my visa again rejection total 4 rejection
reson,-family ties,fund,travel history
Spouse Cases are very tough for Canada..?

I don't know what the hell they want from spouse..

Can't they take interview to proof ourselves..

Simply they give the xyz reasons and close the application.

If they are far from their spouse's why they are taking revenge from us..

First they shown in website spouse is eligible then they don't give them visa..

Really frustrated :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Regards
Taru

jeet dhani

Sep 12, 2014
sry for you jobin,,,,,,,,

yes its really very frustrating ,,,,, the reasons are not at all justified ......

lets see what and when we get from the magic box of vfs.......... just waiting ..........jobin pls once let us knw what all documents u submitted so that we may help you out for the reapplication......

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Chanchis said:
Hello guys:
I would like to know if someone could help me out advising on this situation:
My spouse recently (1 day ago) got his certificate of provincial nomination. Noc D 6661 :)
We both are in work permit attached to our current employer.
Our work permit is going to expire on Dec.14th 2014.
We will send our application to PR within next week.
Currently CIC is taking 2 months for giving AOR.
So my husband doesn't have time to wait for AOR and then apply for Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP), so we are planning to apply for extension work permit for my husband. My question is:
Can we apply together for both work permit (extension and BOWP respectively) or should both apply for extension?
Your answers will be very much appreciated. Thank you! ;)
I am not sure what are you implying. BOWP application can only be submitted after receiving AOR and in very narrow cases when you are almost certain that your AOR is just there. So you can only apply for BOWP AFTER applying for PR and getting AOR.

Since your work permit extension application needs to go in much sooner, i don't see how you could apply together.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi,

I applied for my spouse's open work permit two months ago and i got a mail today saying that the processed passport has been dispatched from CIC.

Can you please tell me how do we identify if the visa has been approved or rejected? Do they send us an email or we get to know only when we receive the passport ?

Regards
Riyas Siraj

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi @Riyas

There is no way to tell that for sure unless you receive letter of introduction mean while or before via email, which tells of approval.

The other case in those embassy's where CIC asks for medicals at a latter stage, and they didn't get medical calls and directly this message, then it means its a refusal.

However, if you submitted upfront medicals or CIC asked you underwent medicals AND THEN you got this email, it might be a case of approval.

Like i said before, there is no way to tell unless you receive the package EXCEPT when you receive email for approval (Letter of intro) by email.

In some cases at some embassies CIC sends that, in others they don't - and it is included with the returned passport in case of approval.