05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Hopefully We get another mail from CIC saying approved or comes with the passport.

Lets hope it means approval. Fingers crossed. We did do medicals before but was never asked for it by CIC.

Regards
Riyas Siraj

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Riyas,

No problem - that happens. I guess in indian CIC offices, the regular trend is for upfront medicals.

So that shouldn't be a concern.

Other than that, 2 months is a reasonable time for successful processing. I don't want to put in false positives, but generally refusals come sooner. But remember this is at best a hunch based upon what i have so far.

All the very best.

nameka

Nov 12, 2014
Hi All,
My husband is an International Student in Canada. I am currently in Bangalore and had applied for SOWP with all application forms, marriage certificate previous company relieving letter, current employer details, salary slip details and documents including my spouse Visa details, His Passport details, His college invitation for me, my financial statement and personal assets etc.
However still got a rejection letter "You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your
employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the Regulations. As a
result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before
a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of
Service Canada to begin this process." and "your personal assets and financial status"

What other documents is required to submit to get it approved ? Kindly help!!! :(
Any other senior members please provide your input as well for SOWP with spouse Study permit.

When all the documents are submitted appropriately with good financial status, how can they refuse without giving proper information? I read we can send an email to Question @ cic.gc.ca as metioned by HossamHamed. Has anyone got any useful response from this ? Do we need to go through the same procedure again or cant we request them to re consider the application ?

Your inputs are appreciated!!

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You can apply for GCMS notes to see the details.

However, the refusal reason seem to state you are not eligible which makes me wonder about the program your husband is in for. I think there are conditions on it being a university and program length being longer. Since you mentioned his "college". Please check whether CIC considers his college and your husband's program eligible for SOWP or not. If so, did you provide enough material to show that. If both of these are true, you should get gcms notes first then.

nameka said:
Hi All,
My husband is an International Student in Canada. I am currently in Bangalore and had applied for SOWP with all application forms, marriage certificate previous company relieving letter, current employer details, salary slip details and documents including my spouse Visa details, His Passport details, His college invitation for me, my financial statement and personal assets etc.
However still got a rejection letter "You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your
employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the Regulations. As a
result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before
a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of
Service Canada to begin this process." and "your personal assets and financial status"

What other documents is required to submit to get it approved ? Kindly help!!! :(
Any other senior members please provide your input as well for SOWP with spouse Study permit.

When all the documents are submitted appropriately with good financial status, how can they refuse without giving proper information? I read we can send an email to Question @ cic.gc.ca as metioned by HossamHamed. Has anyone got any useful response from this ? Do we need to go through the same procedure again or cant we request them to re consider the application ?

Your inputs are appreciated!!

Thanks

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
Hello FKL,

I am new to this forum. I am in Canada, working in NOC B category for the past 8 months with a post graduation work permit.

I will be getting married soon in India. My wife is not working any where she runs her own small home based tuition center(Primary Students), she has studied till 12th grade.

What is the best way for me to bring her with me?

Please advise.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi SBSNAGAR,

Welcome to the forum.

It should still be a SOWP. It is not dependent upon her qualifications or existing jobs. Though having a good job does help and serve as strong ties. Add whatever detail you can. The things you really need to be careful about are

a) Proving you have a skilled NOC B job - i.e. PGWP does not show any NOC. So a detailed letter from your employer outlining your duties matching almost with the NOC you claim as yours. Your hourly wage vs the provincial average as well as for that NOC would weigh in significantly.

b) Since it would be a recent marriage while you being already in Canada - you must submit a lot of proof to show it is legitimate. Wedding pictures, invitation cards, contact logs etc. would be required.

I know at least 3-4 people including myself whose wives didn't work back home - nor intended to work in Canada and got SOWP just fine. However, they were all applying along with principal applicants, who had very good jobs and LMO from Canada. So things could be different i.e. say if they had refused my spouse or kids but approved me, i might just not have accepted coming at all. Situation could be a bit different while you are already in Canada. However, you must try this route and is the best option to bring her over as far as i know.

SBSNAGAR said:
Hello FKL,

I am new to this forum. I am in Canada, working in NOC B category for the past 8 months with a post graduation work permit.

I will be getting married soon in India. My wife is not working any where she runs her own small home based tuition center(Primary Students), she has studied till 12th grade.

What is the best way for me to bring her with me?

Please advise.

nameka

Nov 12, 2014
fkl said:
You can apply for GCMS notes to see the details.

However, the refusal reason seem to state you are not eligible which makes me wonder about the program your husband is in for. I think there are conditions on it being a university and program length being longer. Since you mentioned his "college". Please check whether CIC considers his college and your husband's program eligible for SOWP or not. If so, did you provide enough material to show that. If both of these are true, you should get gcms notes first then.
Thanks fkl.

The university and his Masters program are eligible for SOWP. But since i had applied for OWP and not just WP the refusal reason seems not proper " You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Service Canada to begin this process."
This reason is valid if only any employer has offered me a job and they are not with the employment Norms right ?

Can you please tell me the procedure to apply for gcms notes, how and where and wats the turnaround time for this?

Thanks

faizikhan

Nov 13, 2014
Hi i want to apply for open work permit on the basis of my spouse permit. i want to know that
1. do i need to have ielts results and if i do how many bands minimum shud i hav in it.
2. in financial support whom bank statment is required mine or my spouse
Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-open-work-permit-t103723.0.html;msg3691359#msg3691359

nameka said:
Thanks fkl.

The university and his Masters program are eligible for SOWP. But since i had applied for OWP and not just WP the refusal reason seems not proper " You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Service Canada to begin this process."
This reason is valid if only any employer has offered me a job and they are not with the employment Norms right ?

Can you please tell me the procedure to apply for gcms notes, how and where and wats the turnaround time for this?

Thanks

maksal786

Nov 13, 2014
Hi Nameka,

I am a foreign student in canada and my wife applied for the SOWP..she got rejected 2 days back for same reason as yours. There is some sort of confusion as rules clearly states Spouse of foreign student can apply for OPW.

Regards,

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
maksal786 said:
Hi Nameka,

I am a foreign student in canada and my wife applied for the SOWP..she got rejected 2 days back for same reason as yours. There is some sort of confusion as rules clearly states Spouse of foreign student can apply for OPW.

Regards,
there is lot to statement - not necessarily all get approved

approval rate is 30-40% amongst all applications

clear presentation holds key n sowp

Provide more details on ur wife's application - - wt's her education - exp?

tyn26

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! everyone just want to share our timeline. We got refused via online last Sept 4 then re applied:

Timeline: TRV AND SOWP
(my husband is based in
Edmonton)
Applied to VFS makati (walk in)-- Sept. 23
(medical still valid)
Application has been approved--Nov. 12
Emails and Text Msgs Received that passports already dispatched back at VFS--Nov. 13
VISAs RECEIVED!--Nov. 14

Sobrang salamat Lord.

tyn26

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faizikhan said:
Hi i want to apply for open work permit on the basis of my spouse permit. i want to know that
1. do i need to have ielts results and if i do how many bands minimum shud i hav in it.
2. in financial support whom bank statment is required mine or my spouse
Thanks.
ielts not needed to OWP, here:Work permit checklist:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/54_1.aspx?lang=eng

jeet dhani

Sep 12, 2014
Hiii friends... ......i received a mail for the passport dispatch .....dnt knw abt the result.....and tomorrow is sat will i get pp tomorrow or on monday??

Thanks for the help . .............
Very tensed till i get the pp stamped .... ....
Applied on 19th sept paper application upfront medicals. What will be the result,???
Pls share ur views