+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi experts,

I have a few queries regarding the application I & my spouse are going to make from India.

To elaborate the equation, my spouse has been accepted for a 1 year PG Certificate in Fintech. She holds a bachelor's (B.Tech) & master's (PG Diploma in management-IT) in IT from India & she is currently working for the last 6 years in the banking industry. So we found that the FinTech course would be more aligned to justify her's reason to get further education in the mix of her two already existing skillset(IT+Banking).

I would be submitting a SOWP application along with her. I am working in the IT sector for the last 11 years.
We have a little one, 1.5 years old and he is included in the application for a visitor visa.

I and my spouse are done with the upfront medical exam and paid a full year's tuition fee as per the guidelines of SDS visa.

Now, the queries:
  1. Does the above equation sound logical for better chances of our visa approval?
  2. In the CIC application, there is no medical requirement for our kid. But I learned that he would need to pass the medical too(the doctor performing our examination said so)? I am ok to have his medical done. just wish to confirm this from you guys.
  3. we are thinking to get the GIC certificate from my Spouse's account for the amount of CAD $10500. And I would provide my proof of funds for a sufficient amount to cover me and our kid separately in my client information section. is it ok to do so?
  4. do we also need to do upfront PCC ? It is not asked in the CIC application and I learned that they would do the background check by themself.
  5. I can include my previous employer's reference letters. but not the current one(joined it 5 months ago). Though I will surely include the current employer's offer letter, salary slips, bank transactions showing the salary credits etc. would it be ok to justify my employment history?
  6. Can someone guide me in preparing the "Purpose of Travel" document asked in my section(SOWP) of the application? I searched many forums and web pages but couldn't find a satisfactory approach/sample. please navigate me to some samples that are best to refer.
  7. What things should we cover in the Client Information section for each of us(Spouse-Student, Me-SOWP, Kid-Visitor).
I seek your wisdom and expert advice folks.
Thanks in advance.

Swaff

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Hello, I have SOWP application in process and got ADR today.. they want my spouse work permit and job contract letter within 30 days!!

My spouse is on implied status and waiting for PGWP approval what to do in this case anyone with same situation?

Taran Matharoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Hello, I have SOWP application in process and got ADR today.. they want my spouse work permit and job contract letter within 30 days!!

My spouse is on implied status and waiting for PGWP approval what to do in this case anyone with same situation?
My friend has same situation like you. When did you applied

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Is your spouse already working full time in a NOC A, B or 0 role?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No she is just finished her study now she applied for her work permit
You don't qualify to apply for a SOWP until she is already working in a NOC A, B or 0 job and can provide 3 payslips with your application. I would withdraw / cancel your application. You should reapply once she is working in a qualifying job.

Taran Matharoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
You don't qualify to apply for a SOWP until she is already working in a NOC A, B or 0 job and can provide 3 payslips with your application. I would withdraw / cancel your application. You should reapply once she is working in a qualifying job.
It's not my application. It was my friends application

Taran Matharoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Now she is just waiting for her pay stubs

rick2812

Apr 28, 2022
Good day every one,

I'm getting frustrated and emotionally drained. I will explain my situation so you guys have a better understanding.
I landed in Canada as student in Dec 2019. I completed one year program from college and graduated on Jan. 14th 2021. I applied for PGWP right away. I got hired in a company with Noc A job right after my graduation on Feb 1st 2021. My PGWP surprisingly issued after 8 months on August 2021 for 1 year till August 2022. I went back home and got married on Oct. 2021. When I returned to Canada, we managed to apply for SOWP. At that time, I had 10 months of PGWP till the expiration date. We posted all the required documents on Dec. 2021. In the meantime, since I got eligible to apply for CEC after one year of Canadian Experience, I gave it a shot with CRS score of 470. Also applied for OINP since also meeting all the requirements. Now my PGWP will expire in less than 5 months and I got no updates from non of my applications. I've been told that I have a slender chance for my wife's open work permit to be approved since the remaining PGWP that I have is less than 6 months. I was wondering if this statement is correct since I applied beyond 6 months of my PGWP expiration (about 8 months before expiry date)? Is there any option for me to stay in Canada and work if I don't receive ITA?
No the statement was not correct in my case. I applied for my wife sowp in feb 2020 and my pgwp was expiring on sept 2020. she received her visa by the end of july 2020 and when she traveled to canada she received work permit just for 1.5 months. so don't loose hope.

G.s.kaur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I ha
No the statement was not correct in my case. I applied for my wife sowp in feb 2020 and my pgwp was expiring on sept 2020. she received her visa by the end of july 2020 and when she traveled to canada she received work permit just for 1.5 months. so don't loose hope.
i have one question. Actually my spouse recently got approved spouse open work permit and that time i am in india with him.
now que is that can i travel with him as he is travelling first time and will get his work prrmit on the airport. So is ut safe to travel together to canada.
If yes than what doc they usually ask at the airport.

elpisco514

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hello everyone, I am a Canadian citizen and soon I will start the sponsorship for my spouse to come live in Canada.
I have read that she could also apply for spousal open work permit at the same time but only if she lives in Canada.
She is outside Canada and I would like to know if she could still apply for open work permit at the same time that we are applying for spouse sponsorship.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

lazybee

Dec 20, 2021
Hi All,

My husband is in Canada on as a worker (NOC A ) since March 22.

I want to apply for SOWP with upfront medical exam.

So, I booked the upfront medical exam with CDC Mumbai but when I went there I got to know from CDC that IME is compulsory and hence they didn't take my exam.
So, to cross check I contacted other centers too. Everyone replied same that as per new circular IME is mandatory.

Has anyone faced similar issue?