+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

sid_fahi

Apr 4, 2022
Hi,
My husband got work permit and went to saskatoon in december 2021, I have applied for spousal work permit from Pakistan on January 21st, 2022. I have already given my biometrics on 31st January 2022. Till now i have been waiting for visa. Can anyone guide me about expected response time of spousal work permit from Pakistan?

sid_fahi

Apr 4, 2022
Hi all, I read many pages but didn't get the answer I was looking for. I am applying for closed WP from outside Canada. Can I apply for my SOWP and kid's Study Permit in the same application? TYIA
Yes. otherwise it will take more time separately.

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
Hello, I recently received COPR and will be landing in Canada in June.
My partner and I wish to marry after I receive my PR card in the coming months later this year.
1. Can my partner apply for SOWP if we marry within Canada after the spousal sponsorship has been submitted?
2. Does the said SOWP require him to stay inland or can he go back to the COR?
3. How long would the SOWP take?

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Dear All

I want to know if anyone applied for SOWP & Visitor visa together?

My wife is working in Canada with PGWP and I got a refusal on SOWP when she was on the study permit . I am working in UAE and the processing time is almost 11 months then got rejected for SOWP.

So I am planning to apply now from my home country India for Visitor Visa for me and my 2 kids since as per the new portal Visit visa is getting in 15 days can I apply together SOWP & Vv.

Because SOWP approx will take 8 months ..

Please advise anyone who is faced with the same situation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All

I want to know if anyone applied for SOWP & Visitor visa together?

My wife is working in Canada with PGWP and I got a refusal on SOWP when she was on the study permit . I am working in UAE and the processing time is almost 11 months then got rejected for SOWP.

So I am planning to apply now from my home country India for Visitor Visa for me and my 2 kids since as per the new portal Visit visa is getting in 15 days can I apply together SOWP & Vv.

Because SOWP approx will take 8 months ..

Please advise anyone who is faced with the same situation.
So you are living in India now to apply from there. Yes, you can apply for a visitor visa. For a visitor visa, you want to show that you are coming to visit so strong ties to India (property, investments, job, job letter allowing leave, family), funds for a visit, travel history etc. Given that you applied and were refused a SOWP, you must state the refusal in the application. How old are the children? Did you not apply for their permits when you applied for SOWP? How old are they? If you plan for them to go to school, you may be asked to apply for study permits.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
So you are living in India now to apply from there. Yes, you can apply for a visitor visa. For a visitor visa, you want to show that you are coming to visit so strong ties to India (property, investments, job, job letter allowing leave, family), funds for a visit, travel history etc. Given that you applied and were refused a SOWP, you must state the refusal in the application. How old are the children? Did you not apply for their permits when you applied for SOWP? How old are they? If you plan for them to go to school, you may be asked to apply for study permits.
Thanks for your reply
I am working in UAE but planning to go for a couple of weeks to India and then apply from my home country after that back to UAE.
My kids are 12 & 14 age studying in UAE.
I applied for kids' earlier study permit but got rejected with my earlier SOWP file .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply
I am working in UAE but planning to go for a couple of weeks to India and then apply from my home country after that back to UAE.
My kids are 12 & 14 age studying in UAE.
I applied for kids' earlier study permit but got rejected with my earlier SOWP file .
Your kids need to reapply for a study permit. Not sure how your case will be viewed if you are not living in India but only visiting and then applying and returning to UAE. You will need to show strong ties to India, not UAE. The issue is that you should be applying for a SOWP.

marnet

Mar 22, 2022
Hi,
My husband got work permit and went to saskatoon in december 2021, I have applied for spousal work permit from Pakistan on January 21st, 2022. I have already given my biometrics on 31st January 2022. Till now i have been waiting for visa. Can anyone guide me about expected response time of spousal work permit from Pakistan?
i applied 12 January and give biometrics on the 17th and review started 14th of March
you can check if the review started or not

Kauc0123

Sep 24, 2016
any updates for sowp July/august applicant
Did you get PPR?

I was tracking this forum because my brother submitted application for SOWP and his timeline is:

Application submitted - October 18, 2021
Biometric Request - October 20, 2021
Biometric updated - November 11, 2021
Eligibility review started - April 2, 2022
Medical Request - April 21, 2022

DizzyDoggie

Jan 21, 2022
Hello, I would like to apply for SOWP from inside Canada (currently i'm on Visitor status). My husband is on his PGWP and has been working for more than 6 months. Should I create my own GCKey account or can I use his GCKey account to apply for my SOWP?

Previously we applied together his PGWP and Visitor Visa for me and kids under his GCKey Account. Thank you before!

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hello, I would like to apply for SOWP from inside Canada (currently i'm on Visitor status). My husband is on his PGWP and has been working for more than 6 months. Should I create my own GCKey account or can I use his GCKey account to apply for my SOWP?

Previously we applied together his PGWP and Visitor Visa for me and kids under his GCKey Account. Thank you before!
You can use the same GCKey account that you used before to apply for PGWP+Visitor visa .