+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
They are doing unfair job now.
They always refused application on the basis of definition of family.

Although, they themselves don't know the meaning of Family. If they would have then they should be processing applications pending from last year first. Because people are apart from their families from how long. Festivals are coming and everybody wants to be with their family members.

Reactions: jeeneet

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Two people got PPR Request from July and August 2020.
Good news for people waiting from last year. Now you will hear something good soon.

Reactions: Kumar25

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Two people got PPR Request from July and August 2020.
Good news for people waiting from last year. Now you will hear something good soon.
Ohh that's good news! I initially thought that you were talking about Aug 2021 applicant, maybe it was a typo on your previous post?

Reactions: jeeneet

Swetakuakdia

Jul 2, 2021
Hello everyone
I’m asking these questions on behalf of my sister. I would appreciate if I get directions from your experience.
Her husband’s student visa expires in April-2022, is it still okay to apply for SOWP now or wait for him to get PGWP?
Does she require upfront medical to be done? Any documents required by hospital for medical?
Howlong after application submission she’ll get biometric request letter?
Thank you and all the best to ya all

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hello everyone
I’m asking these questions on behalf of my sister. I would appreciate if I get directions from your experience.
Her husband’s student visa expires in April-2022, is it still okay to apply for SOWP now or wait for him to get PGWP?
Does she require upfront medical to be done? Any documents required by hospital for medical?
Howlong after application submission she’ll get biometric request letter?
Thank you and all the best to ya all
I think there should be atleast 6 months remaining on the work permit for them to approve SOWP. Better to apply after getting his PGWP.

Aldo12512

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Applied SOWP on Aug 17, Medical and Bio were also updated on the same date, I'm in WP.

Does anyone knows how long it takes or anyone here are in the same situation as me

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I think there should be atleast 6 months remaining on the work permit for them to approve SOWP. Better to apply after getting his PGWP.
I agree that it's your thought, but it's not true as per IRCC rulebook. I also agree they might not follow rules 100 percent

Last edited: