+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
I confirmed this for my spouse work permit. They said at the time of approval if there is less than 6 months on the work permit, the officer has the right to refuse your application.

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
In my case Medical Passes on Oct 01, 2021.
Does anyone know how long they still can take to Request PPR after Medical Passed ?

Applied on March 18, 2021

pranotimulay

Apr 1, 2019
Hi there, I hired an immigration consultant to process my file. So, i can assure you it won't slow down you PR application. I'm in the same situation like yours. In my case my spouse was not even a PNP nominee. I added her as a dependent in my PR application and also applied SOWP. My spouse is here in Canada now. Already got a job and we will be receiving our PR next week possibly. So, don't worry and go ahead apply SOWP for your partner.
cheers
Hello, I am applying for my PR in a few months and thinking of applying for SOWP for my spouse. So both the applications will process at the same time. Is there any risk of rejection because of dual intent?
Answers appreciated! Thank you.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hello, I am applying for my PR in a few months and thinking of applying for SOWP for my spouse. So both the applications will process at the same time. Is there any risk of rejection because of dual intent?
Answers appreciated! Thank you.
Yes, you can apply..
there is no issue of dual intent for SOWP applications but that's applicable for visitor visas

Anjana gokul

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
Kochi
Category........
CEC
I applied on april 8 ,2021 and no updates till now. My file is completed with both medical and biometrics. Anyone knows how much time for sowp ?

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
I applied on april 8 ,2021 and no updates till now. My file is completed with both medical and biometrics. Anyone knows how much time for sowp ?
No one would know that to be honest. IRCC is processing applications randomly.
Did you get "medicals passed" update on your application?

Anjana gokul

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
Kochi
Category........
CEC
No one would know that to be honest. IRCC is processing applications randomly.
Did you get "medicals passed" update on your application?
No . They still processing background check.. my medical and biometric not updated yet. I dont know what to do.. everytime i send a mail and submit webform i got automated replies and some excuses

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Is there any way to fast processing?its 8 months i completed my medical and not reflected on my ircc account
I don't think there is a way to speed up the process...some people have tried sending vaccine certificate and travel exemption requests but I'm not sure if that works anymore..
About your medicals, did you try sending the proof of medical exam by webform?

Anjana gokul

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
Kochi
Category........
CEC
I don't think there is a way to speed up the process...some people have tried sending vaccine certificate and travel exemption requests but I'm not sure if that works anymore..
About your medicals, did you try sending the proof of medical exam by webform?
No. Can you plz share how to submit if you known about it?

Feb 10, 2021
Hi,
SOWP application submission date - 10 August, 2021
Biometrics given and updated - 7 September, 2021.

No update since then. Did anyone receive updates around the same timelines?
When is it expected to get processed?