+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

sahelfllh

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

We recently got a SOWP for my mother which is valid only for 2 months because my dad's permit was expiring on September so she only got 2 months of OWP. As a matter of fact, in this short time, we are not sure if she can find/start a job. I was wondering now that my dad's permit is extended up to 2 years, can she also extend her open work permit without being employed? What are the options for extending her work permit so she can stay with my dad although she has not found a job yet?

aswint

Jul 24, 2018
Applied 19th April till now the only update is biometrics completed. We are processing your background check since 19th of April. Who knows how to calculate by week's. How many weeks is my application as at today? Why is background check taking so much time
Hi did you get visa approval?

Last edited:

aswint

Jul 24, 2018
Applied 19th April till now the only update is biometrics completed. We are processing your background check since 19th of April. Who knows how to calculate by week's. How many weeks is my application as at today? Why is background check taking so much time
Did you get Passport request?

Last edited:

Priya 18q

Jul 24, 2018
Rajan,

owp is rarely approved - if people are getting it - due to 2 reasons:

1. spouse occupation benefits economy in canada and hence vo would approve it
2. ties are very strong to home country and vo is satisfied -

you may want to consider below:

ideally trv success rate is 10-15% out of every 100 so u could still take a chance to apply with strong ties and see for urself if it gets through- if u would see a rejection then no harm in it. you would have to wait till ur wife completes 1 semester with good academic record - 2.8-3 gpa and regular attendance at school, invite you therafter

following u may want to add along with existing docs - to trv

confirmed return ticket -not just itinerary
bonded employment letter from ur current company
oath from lawyer notarized assuring ur return to canada upon owp expiry
lease docs of house
house - new or used car loan
committment on some property signing stuff - stating why u want to return to home Country
enrolment to competitive exams indicating ur intentions are not to stay back in canada

REMEMBER OWP IS IN CANADA PROCESSING AND WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS
IF U MAY NEED FURTHER HELP - SEND ME PM
Hi my fiance has got his workpermit in noc category b in britsh Columbia I am confused I want know that it is ok to apply immediately after his work permit for my open workpermit he will come in indIn and we will get marry it is ok to apply immediately because some people says that we should wait for 6 month please reply dear I am very very confused