+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Preetdehal

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Chandighar
Hello
I got lmia based work permit from India last month .no n I am in Surrey British Columbia.if any one need a help about documentation what's app me my Canadian number+12368888073

ashishnp9

Jul 16, 2018
Hello all great contributers, I have applied for SOWP on 24th (Online based), June. My wife departed to Canada 2 months earlier for May intake at Fanshawe College.
Major list of documents that I provided are:
1. All required documents from her side like proof of enrollment, SIN, ID Card, Student Permit, College Account Statement, Passport, Visa in passport, etc.
2. My own Bank Balance as a proof of fund of around 24,000 CAD from one bank (Let's say Bank 1).
3. My own Bank Account Statement from another bank (Let's say Bank 2) as it has quite good transaction including money draft for my wife college fee.
4. All the income source and property valuation certificates are from my in-laws side.
5. Relationship verification certificate with my in-laws family.
6. Relationship verification certificate with my own family.
7. My Passport Copy and Birth certificate translation
8. Police Report.
9. Most importantly Marriage Certificate (Married 1.5 years ago).
10. Statement of purpose, My Resume and all academic certificates including my Engineering License (Computer) and IELTS (6 not less than 5.5).
With all this proof (notarized), my consultancy agent said don't bother sending wedding photos and any other relationship proofs.
And they also said, they will ask for it if they wanted and for them its so rare that CIC ask for it later.

So I wanted to ask if something is missing here and what are the documents CIC might ask it later?
How many days its gonna take for my application processing?

Hello I have applied on 15th may SOWP from india online and got the medical updated on 5th jun then the status is in in process state what your status now?

ashishnp9

Jul 16, 2018
Applied - 25th March
Upfront Medical - Yes
Application type - Online
Country - India
Medical Passed - 30th April
Waiting for PPR...

Applied SOWP online - 15th May
Upfront Medical - Yes
Application type - Online
Country - India
Medical Passed - 5th Jun
Waiting for Passport request...

You got the visa?? if yes the please share the PPR date so I can understand how much time it takes for me... !! Thank you..!!