+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Ankitasachdeva

Aug 9, 2017
Hi,

I am currently on pgwp in canada. i want to call my spouse on open work permit.
Can i use my cic account to apply work permit for my spouse or should i create his own profile.
Also what all documents are needed and which forms do i need to fill.

anushakasu

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,

I am currently on pgwp in canada. i want to call my spouse on open work permit.
Can i use my cic account to apply work permit for my spouse or should i create his own profile.
Also what all documents are needed and which forms do i need to fill.
U need to create new account on her and u cant create her profile in ua CIC account

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
is only imm1295e required or any other form is also needed. He doesnt have a UCI number because he never applied for any via or permit. can i leave it blank.
If someone hasn't applied for a visa before, then they wont be having a UCI. It should be left blank. Even if someone has one, and not sure about the UCI, even in that case it's alright to leave it blank.

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
https://www.facebook.com/StudentsForumCanada/

Dear All,
Greetings,
I am getting terribly high no. of requests with several questions you guys have regarding this Spouse Open work permit for Spouse of full time international students or Eligible Skilled workers. Some of the questions are common among all the requests, so i am explaining those here so that you can get ans if i am not able to respond back to messages.

1. Is spouse of full time international students in Canada can apply for this SOWP?
Ans. Yes, Spouse of full time international students who are studying here in Canada in a course which is minimum of 8 months or more, they can apply for a SOWP.

2. How to apply?
Ans. You have both the options i.e Online or Paper Application. I personally prefer the online application because its easy, you can track in real time, less hassle to handle docs and secure transmission to cic without missing any doc.

3. When to apply?
Ans. (a.) You can apply either with your spouse's student visa application. I helped several to prepare their application for both study and SOWP. Applied together at same time and not a single refusal so far.
(b.) If not applied together, you can apply as soon as your spouse land in Canada and get more supportive docs like Study Permit (will be given at airport in Canada), college id, enrollment letter etc.

4. Do you need to wait for one semester to complete before application?
Ans. ABSOLUTELY NO!!!! I am getting several mails and messages saying some agents are saying its a condition to wait at least for 6 months before application. This is a pure misinformation. I applied for my own wife on 3rd day of my Landing in Canada and she got her SOWP in less than 20 days. I helped several others to prepare their application and not a single refusal so far. NO need to wait if you have docs ready.

5. Do you need part time job on SIN to apply for your spouse?
Ans. Absolutely NO!! No such condition is there so nothing to worry at all. As long as you are a full-time student in eligible institute and few basic conditions, you can apply for this SOWP.

Still have any questions? Feel free to ask in inbox.
Will keep updating with new queries.

Kindly share to others who are indeed of answers on this topic.

Disclaimer: I am neither a immigration lawyer nor an agent, All the information provided is based on my own experiences. This information is for education purpose only and can not be used in any other manner whatsoever. Kindly consult an immigration lawyer for any legal advice if required.

====================================================================================

FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP IN FILING SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT

Hi everyone,
Greetings,
I already made two posts previously, this one is updated version for those who joined later.

I have seen so many of you guys are struggling to find correct information regarding the application of your spouse work permit (For full time international students) but not getting the correct information,
I'll try to help you out with that by sharing my experiences with same.
I am a full time international student in Canada, came here in Sep. 2016 intake. I applied for my spouse in Oct 2016 for SOWP and got her visa in 20 days only. She joined me here in early Nov. 2016.

There are certain mistakes you guys are making while filling this visa, resulting in refusal of your application. I will try to cover all these mistakes and also will help you with correct process (as per my knowledge) and documentation.
Common mistakes made by us are:
1. Over whelming the application by attaching unnecessary documents.
2. Providing unsatisfactory explanation in Cover letter.
3. Weak demonstration of ties in home country.
4. Improper documentation.
5. Improper formatting and poor writing.

Coming to next section, what should we do to avoid these mistakes and file a proper visa application.

Although documents vary by application to application, but some of the docs are same and can be listed as:
For Applicant: MOST IMPORTANT : COVER LETTER, and
1. Passport
2. Medical (if applying on pre medical basis, however you can apply on post medical basis)
3. Highest degree of education.
4. Marriage pictures
5. Employment experience letters (if any)
6. Funds in Savings

For Spouse (Already in Canada on Student visa)
1. Visa must be valid for at least 6 months from date of application.
2. College ID, Offer Letter from college, Study Permit, Student Visa, Passport
3. Savings if doing any part time job.

These are the documents normally required to file this visa. However, some more docs may be needed in some special cases.

If you still have any doubt, or need any case specific suggestions, feel free to shoot me a mail on helpseeker@yahoo.com

All the best for your visa applications.

Disclaimer: I am neither a immigration lawyer nor an agent, All the information provided is based on my own experiences. This information is for education purpose only and can not be used in any other manner whatsoever. Kindly consult an immigration lawyer for any legal advice if required.

I am int stud for sept 2018 intake. I will apply for my spouse owp from canada once i enrolled. Will ask u if anything.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: calvanize

mj9

Jun 15, 2018
I applied online for my husband from Canada on 23 Apr, my husband is in India
So it will process from India, I guess
I have a similar profile. Applied from Canada on 12th May but it is going to be processed from India. Hope to receive some update soon.