+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
the copy is just the acknowledgment
you need to upload it in your cic account

the main medical results are sent directly to cic by your doctor .

generally it takes 1 week to 10 days to pass the medicals

abhi141989

May 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Online (SOWP)
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
04-02-2017
Med's Request
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-05-2017 (Non eMedical) ; Passed on 09-05-2017
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
rabrakha said:
I have a question hat what usually border officer asks at poe
Ready to answer questions like these -

Purpose of Visit - Work.

How long you are staying in Canada - Tell them the date your visa is expiring.

How much funds you have with you - Tell them what you have at the airport including any amount in checked in baggage as well. They just want to make sure that you are declaring any amount above $10,000.

That is it.. should be smooth. Just so you know, you have to go thru 2 level of immigrations.

1st level - you are asked some questions and your passport is stamped. You will then be directed to 2nd level of immigration where you will get your actual WP.

Best of luck

sam_5281

Nov 11, 2015
priyabhee said:

Thanks for ur reply.

I applied SOWP online from Canada for my spouse.

U know where i can upload or send that medical copy. As there is no option to upload medical copy in my cic account.

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
priyabhee said:

Hi Priyabhee
Can u say the procedure to upload the emedical form ?

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Ush
I really Donno y u r not finding option to upload the form .
I am still waiting for the medical request so even I Donno where the option would be .
But as per my knowledge can u please check in the view submitted documents at the end I think u can find.
If no option then you can send it through CSE .Open web form and submit a case specific enquiry but it takes 10 days to get the response
I hope it is helpful
Thanks

DVRT

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi All,
This post is for the people who got the medical request for SOWP:
There is no need to send the acknowledgement sheet (E-Tracking sheet) to CIC. The medical status will be changed between 4-10 days in your CIC account....It is possible you may not get an e-mail about the medical update so it is better to check your CIC account regularly...
Also there is no option to upload the medical sheet......
How I know the about the above scenario........
I got medical request on 1 Feb and done with it on 3rd Feb.....I didn,t send the e-tracking sheet and..My medical status got updated to passed on 9th Feb with no e-mail update.......

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Hi all, I got a few things to be verified regarding the work permit.

I am a postdoc researcher who got an offer from a university and I applied for the work permit together with my wife’s open work permit (OWP) application. Two days later, we were requested for biometrics and finger prints; we provided them and now waiting to hear from CIC. In case, we both are issued with visa, I would like to verify the following matters:

a) My wife is a doctoral degree student at a Korean University and she is in her 4th semester in which the qualification examination has to be cleared. Once she qualified, she would be offered a certificate for the ‘completion of course work’. We are in a dilemma in deciding whether she would join me to Canada or would stay in Korea to complete the upcoming semester.
My question: how many days the entry visa is valid (which is issued for an OWP)? Is it counted from the day of issuance? For instance, if her entry visa for the OWP is valid for 3 months, then she might plan to stay in Korea and complete her upcoming semester (March – June) and enter into Canada, before the visa expires.

b) After having issued with the visa, if one want to travel to other destinations for personal circumstances (because, currently we are in Japan and if she would continue her degree, she needs to fly to Korea), should she undergo any specific procedure by CIC? Or should she inform regarding this to CIC?

Be kind enough to give me your opinion and suggestion for this specific context. Particularly, if your spouse had an issued visa, kindly give me the exact period of validity.

Thank you.

-Uma

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
DVRT said:
Hi All,
This post is for the people who got the medical request for SOWP:
There is no need to send the acknowledgement sheet (E-Tracking sheet) to CIC. The medical status will be changed between 4-10 days in your CIC account....It is possible you may not get an e-mail about the medical update so it is better to check your CIC account regularly...
Also there is no option to upload the medical sheet......
How I know the about the above scenario........
I got medical request on 1 Feb and done with it on 3rd Feb.....I didn,t send the e-tracking sheet and..My medical status got updated to passed on 9th Feb with no e-mail update.......
I was about to do it..

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Is there any possibility of getting notification regarding medical request on weekend?

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
jsghai said:
Is there any possibility of getting notification regarding medical request on weekend?
[/quote
I think no...but u may get it on weekdays any time

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
uma1982suthan said:
Hi all, I got a few things to be verified regarding the work permit.

I am a postdoc researcher who got an offer from a university and I applied for the work permit together with my wife’s open work permit (OWP) application. Two days later, we were requested for biometrics and finger prints; we provided them and now waiting to hear from CIC. In case, we both are issued with visa, I would like to verify the following matters:

a) My wife is a doctoral degree student at a Korean University and she is in her 4th semester in which the qualification examination has to be cleared. Once she qualified, she would be offered a certificate for the ‘completion of course work’. We are in a dilemma in deciding whether she would join me to Canada or would stay in Korea to complete the upcoming semester.
My question: how many days the entry visa is valid (which is issued for an OWP)? Is it counted from the day of issuance? For instance, if her entry visa for the OWP is valid for 3 months, then she might plan to stay in Korea and complete her upcoming semester (March – June) and enter into Canada, before the visa expires.

b) After having issued with the visa, if one want to travel to other destinations for personal circumstances (because, currently we are in Japan and if she would continue her degree, she needs to fly to Korea), should she undergo any specific procedure by CIC? Or should she inform regarding this to CIC?

Be kind enough to give me your opinion and suggestion for this specific context. Particularly, if your spouse had an issued visa, kindly give me the exact period of validity.

Thank you.

-Uma
The TRV issued is usually for the same duration as work permit (assuming passport is valid beyond that). Because an actual work permit is issued for at least 6 months (when you land at POE), your spouse can come to Canada even six months before the expiry of your work permit and TRV and get a 6 month SOWP only.

Having travelled any where else before that is not really relevant.

But if you underwent medicals for getting this work permit, those are usually only valid for a year. So if you are landing in Canada latter than a year from the date you underwent medicals, you better redo those.

There is no other restriction, and the SOWP that your spouse would get would be of the same length left on your primary work permit.

moiz.kapadia

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
NA
HI all,

Please help me, Is it possible to get SOWP with NOC d job??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
moiz.kapadia said:
HI all,

Please help me, Is it possible to get SOWP with NOC d job??
Officially impossible. In exceptional circumstances (may be after multiple failed attempts and LOTS of funds to support yourself).

A much better solution would be to get provincial nomination for PR. Then your NOC doesn't really matter for SOWP in the mean time.

tia08

Feb 19, 2017
Hello,

my spoue's work permit expires at the end of April 2017 after which he's planning to return to our home country. I was granted an open work permit through him, but would like to stay in Canada to work even after he's gone.

What would be the best thing to do in my situation? Extend my TRV? Extend my open work permit? Apply for a new visa/work permit? Thank you for your answers.

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
tia08 said:
Hello,

my spoue's work permit expires at the end of April 2017 after which he's planning to return to our home country. I was granted an open work permit through him, but would like to stay in Canada to work even after he's gone.

What would be the best thing to do in my situation? Extend my TRV? Extend my open work permit? Apply for a new visa/work permit? Thank you for your answers.

Do your spouse still have a valid visa?