mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkapoor said:
Congratulations!!
Could you please share your timeline and any previous refusal
I dont have a previous refusal that i know of..

Applied in Mid May
Medical Call Mid November
Medical Done Fist week of December
Medical Passed on Christmas eve and today got the PPR

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Hey guys,
My husband applied for a SWOP and got refused.
I work as NOC 0621 skill level 0, full-time, on PGWP valid till June 2017.

I am currently on maternity leave, will get back to work in July.

Can this be a reason for rejection?

Thanks

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Irada_G said:
Hey guys,
My husband applied for a SWOP and got refused.
I work as NOC 0621 skill level 0, full-time, on PGWP valid till June 2017.

I am currently on maternity leave, will get back to work in July.

Can this be a reason for rejection?

Thanks
When and where did you apply? What reason does it say on the refusal letter?

shilpasarawagi

Dec 22, 2015
I have got married on 7th Dec, 2015 and my spouse is presently staying in Canada on a work permit, which will expire in sept 2016. I am employed in Hyderabad right now.
I want to go and live with him. In this regard, I submitted a TRV application and it got rejected on the grounds that they were not clear about my employment situation and also not clear of my ties to home country.

We were thinking of applying a spouse open work permit(SOWP) application and have attached the following docs -

1) Application of work permit made outside canada
2) Letter from current employer defining my duties
3) Digital Photo
4) Education(Diplomas/degree)
5) CV/ resume
6) Application for TRV made outside Canada
7) Passport
8) Invitation letter from my spouse
9) Marriage Certificate
10) Proof of medical exam
11) Family information.
12) Leave letter from current organisation from 1st April to 1st May.

I am very sad and perplexed about what to do next as we have been in a long distance relationship of 7 years and now after marriage also, I am not able to go.
Since there is no defined dependent category for Work permit holders, what a couple should do in such a case. Can i just go forward with applying SOWP with the above mentioned docs? I will go on leave for 1 month.. come back resign in India and serve the notice period and go back again. Is it fine to show leave letter with SOWP?

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Can any One help me in providing the checklist for SOWP?

My Husband is in USA, so his application will be processed in USA ?

I am working on NOC - B in Canada on Open workpermit till 2018.

Thanks in Advance.

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Hi I need help in Sowp.

Can anyone provide me the checklist or screenshot from cic online application account.
I am not getting the option to upload the marriage certificate option.
there are only two options one for application, then : passport and Photo, that's it.
I am in Saskatchewan and my husband is in USA, we got married in Oct, 2015 in USA and we met twice till now.
I have Noc- B Job

I jus wanna make myself clear whether I am filing the write form.
Hope you understand my pain.
Thanks in advance.

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shilpasarawagi said:
I have got married on 7th Dec, 2015 and my spouse is presently staying in Canada on a work permit, which will expire in sept 2016. I am employed in Hyderabad right now.
I want to go and live with him. In this regard, I submitted a TRV application and it got rejected on the grounds that they were not clear about my employment situation and also not clear of my ties to home country.

We were thinking of applying a spouse open work permit(SOWP) application and have attached the following docs -

1) Application of work permit made outside canada
2) Letter from current employer defining my duties
3) Digital Photo
4) Education(Diplomas/degree)
5) CV/ resume
6) Application for TRV made outside Canada
7) Passport
8) Invitation letter from my spouse
9) Marriage Certificate
10) Proof of medical exam
11) Family information.
12) Leave letter from current organisation from 1st April to 1st May.

I am very sad and perplexed about what to do next as we have been in a long distance relationship of 7 years and now after marriage also, I am not able to go.
Since there is no defined dependent category for Work permit holders, what a couple should do in such a case. Can i just go forward with applying SOWP with the above mentioned docs? I will go on leave for 1 month.. come back resign in India and serve the notice period and go back again. Is it fine to show leave letter with SOWP?
Your spouse should have a valid work permit for the next six months on the date you apply...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thirumalareddy said:
Hi ,

Can any one please tell me whether I can apply the Open work permit renewal at the Canada border?

Thanks
Primarily you can do so if you are from a visa exempt country. You might even fly by that if you are returning from US (while your Canadian work permit is still valid) AND YOU ARE NOT EVEN FROM A VISA EXEMPT COUNTRY. Of course this is assuming that you are otherwise eligible for Open work permit. Though it might be a bit subjective and only further details could help with the case.

However, if you are not visa exempt and your existing work permit to Canada has expired, then you simply cannot do that.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hello folks,

Is there anyone who has recently applied for SOWP from within Canada? What are the kind of waiting times one should expect?

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nurat said:
Hello folks,

Is there anyone who has recently applied for SOWP from within Canada? What are the kind of waiting times one should expect?

Thanks
Roughly until end 2015, it was upwards of 4 months from inside Canada (10-15 days variation between paper, online or new employer vs renewal).

Since Jan 2015, CIC has revamped the page for processing times which shows 1 month for new work permit applications and the same as I mentioned above (4 months for all others).

Whether they actually live up to this or not is of course to be seen and I don't know of any one who applied in Jan and received work permit yet. But I know of applications submitted in say mid Dec that haven't been processed yet and again processing time estimates only showed they are still working on applications submitted in Sept. 2015. Though most of these be renewals of work permits (it is rare relatively for a person to be first here on a resident trv and then apply for work or study permit)

Thirumalareddy

Dec 3, 2015
fkl said:
Primarily you can do so if you are from a visa exempt country. You might even fly by that if you are returning from US (while your Canadian work permit is still valid) AND YOU ARE NOT EVEN FROM A VISA EXEMPT COUNTRY. Of course this is assuming that you are otherwise eligible for Open work permit. Though it might be a bit subjective and only further details could help with the case.

However, if you are not visa exempt and your existing work permit to Canada has expired, then you simply cannot do that.

I Have open work permit valid until March 2016 and My wife she is on Post graduation work permit and got Job under NOC B category. And I Am planning to go to the Canada border on or After march 15,2016 but (before my work permit gets expired) to get the open work permit renewed. Can I do it? if yes what are all the documents I need to carry.

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thirumalareddy said:
I Have open work permit valid until March 2016 and My wife she is on Post graduation work permit and got Job under NOC B category. And I Am planning to go to the Canada border on or After march 15,2016 but (before my work permit gets expired) to get the open work permit renewed. Can I do it? if yes what are all the documents I need to carry.

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you.
Sure, I can give you details a bit latter. Probably I will give you references to CBSA laws that allows exemptions for this.

But first, is your spouse's PGWP valid for longer? Because I assume you are eligible for OWP on basis of hers. If her's expires at the same time, then you cannot renew yours unless you both are doing it together. If hers is valid for longer - than you need to take proof of relationship, existing work permit (copy of hers), proof that she has a NOC B job (employment letter, recent pay stub etc.)