+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Visa rejected under Section 205(c)(ii)

Mohit5591

Jun 29, 2019
my spouse is doing the PACE program in university of winnipeg, i did applied for Open work Permit for 2 times,,they gave me ground of refusal of didn't meet the requiremnts of SOWP under section 205(c)(ii) of the regulations., for each time ,, what does that mean,,plz help.. thanks in advance,,
Two reason as far as i have reserched
One not convinenced that marriage is genuine and not for the purpose of imigration

2nd u forgot to add ny dicument from school like transcript or u felt there is no need to add such document

Mohit5591

Jun 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
I got married in October 2018 and my husband is working in Canada. So we applied for spouse open work permit and it got rejected stating that i don't meet the requiremnts of SOWP under section 205(c)(ii) of the regulations. What is this section and what are the documents needed to clear that rejection ? Please help.
Hii did you figure out what is section 205(c)ii i got same rejection what was your reason did ur file got approved

Mohit5591

Jun 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
I got married in October 2018 and my husband is working in Canada. So we applied for spouse open work permit and it got rejected stating that i don't meet the requiremnts of SOWP under section 205(c)(ii) of the regulations. What is this section and what are the documents needed to clear that rejection ? Please help.
Hii did you figure out what is section 205(c)ii i got same rejection what was your reason did ur file got approved

Amrit.bhullar

Sep 7, 2019
Hello everyone,
Same here, yesterday i got refusal under 205(c)(ii), anyone please help

vignesshh

Aug 6, 2019
I got a rejection yesterday with the same reason 205(c)(ii). My timeline:
Married on July 11.

Submitted application on August 20th with upfront medicals.
Biometrics completed 23rd.
Medical approved Sept 3rd
Refusal Decision Sept 9th.

Few of my friends in Canada have suggested me to apply for Visitor Visa and then go to border to get the work permit. What do you guys think. And what are the chances of Visitor Visa getting approved

gljads

Sep 11, 2019
R205(c)(ii) Competitiveness and public policy exemption codes
Regulation LMIA exemption code
Spouses of skilled workers C41
Spouses of students C42
Post-grad employment C43
Post-doctoral Ph.D. fellows and award recipients C44
Off-campus employment See the instructions concerning students
Medical residents and fellows C45...

i'm no pro but maybe you failed to comply with 1 of the sub categories.
i also had that r205cii, refused as i failed on c41 docs

Shirley Getsy

Sep 21, 2019
I got the refusal as "You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations". Can anyone let me know what is the GCMS status?

Shindi1234

Oct 1, 2019
I got refusal for spouse work permit under section 205c and I apply kapes note on 5/9/2019 and I don't get my kapes till date can anyone tel me what is section 205 what does it mean

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
It
Hi i got the rejection saying same reason didi you applied again do you know what is section 205(c)ii please help me
Means tht u don't meat some requirements might b some decouments were missing from ur spouse e d or ur end ,go through ur file again and reapply it's very easy to break this section

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hello everyone,
Have you got ur visa after re apply or you haven't applied yet

Bh@ut!k

Nov 4, 2017
R205(c)(ii) Competitiveness and public policy exemption codes
Regulation LMIA exemption code
Spouses of skilled workers C41
Spouses of students C42
Post-grad employment C43
Post-doctoral Ph.D. fellows and award recipients C44
Off-campus employment See the instructions concerning students
Medical residents and fellows C45...

i'm no pro but maybe you failed to comply with 1 of the sub categories.
i also had that r205cii, refused as i failed on c41 docs
Same here I got open work permit extension rejection on sep23, because of spouse was not in a job skilled category NOC O,A,B... so now she is working in NOC B job and I applied for restoration open work permit from inside Canada. Now waiting.....

Reactions: Miracle2018