+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Visa rejected under Section 205(c)(ii)

ApoorvaJain

Dec 6, 2019
R205(c)(ii) Competitiveness and public policy exemption codes
Regulation LMIA exemption code
Spouses of skilled workers C41
Spouses of students C42
Post-grad employment C43
Post-doctoral Ph.D. fellows and award recipients C44
Off-campus employment See the instructions concerning students
Medical residents and fellows C45...

i'm no pro but maybe you failed to comply with 1 of the sub categories.
i also had that r205cii, refused as i failed on c41 docs
C41 means you have not submitted Spouse work letter and pay slips ?

Jan 28, 2020
Hi All,

I’m looking for sincere and honest advise/suggestions/guidance with respect to my application. My wife went to Canada on a study permit on January 1,2020. She has been accepted into the culinary skills program at Niagara College which is a full time study of 12 months duration. That was the same day I applied for a spouse open work permit. To my surprise, my application was rejected for the following reason -

"You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations ."

Has anyone’s application got rejected for the same reason? I researched a lot online and couldn’t exactly decipher as to why and on what grounds was my visa rejected. If you read section 205(c)(ii), it sounds very wague. I can’t afford to waste my time waiting for the detailed notes done by the case officer. I’m counting on you guys to guide me here before I start with my reapplication process. So here are the documents that I submitted -

Wife’s visa stamp copy
College acceptance letter
GIC letter
Tuition fee receipt ( for the whole year)
My resume
Statement of Purpose
Last job experience letter with last 3 months pay slips
All previous experience letters till date
Ontario Graduate Certificate of a program I completed in Canada from 2016-2017
Master’s certificate + marks sheets
Degree certificate + marks sheets
10th and 12th certificates
WES evaluation report ( yeah my profile is in the EE pool)
Marriage certificate
Medical certificate
Last 4 months bank statement showing Rs.4,48,000
Screenshot of my bank account balance in Canada showing 3700 CAD
IT returns of last 2 years
Property valuation report

Of course, I filled the family information form, personal details form too.

Did I miss anything? Please let me know your thoughts on the same.

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hi
As much as I can see you really rushed in applying your visa ,you should have waited atleast for a month before applying you really have a doubt in immigration officer mind that you only looking for ways to enter in Canada ,
There are many reasons that lying in this section
1. Officer don't believe that you will not leave canada after your visa expired.
2. Genuinity of your marriage .
3. Lacks of decouments.

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hi All,

I’m looking for sincere and honest advise/suggestions/guidance with respect to my application. My wife went to Canada on a study permit on January 1,2020. She has been accepted into the culinary skills program at Niagara College which is a full time study of 12 months duration. That was the same day I applied for a spouse open work permit. To my surprise, my application was rejected for the following reason -

"You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations ."

Has anyone’s application got rejected for the same reason? I researched a lot online and couldn’t exactly decipher as to why and on what grounds was my visa rejected. If you read section 205(c)(ii), it sounds very wague. I can’t afford to waste my time waiting for the detailed notes done by the case officer. I’m counting on you guys to guide me here before I start with my reapplication process. So here are the documents that I submitted -

Wife’s visa stamp copy
College acceptance letter
GIC letter
Tuition fee receipt ( for the whole year)
My resume
Statement of Purpose
Last job experience letter with last 3 months pay slips
All previous experience letters till date
Ontario Graduate Certificate of a program I completed in Canada from 2016-2017
Master’s certificate + marks sheets
Degree certificate + marks sheets
10th and 12th certificates
WES evaluation report ( yeah my profile is in the EE pool)
Marriage certificate
Medical certificate
Last 4 months bank statement showing Rs.4,48,000
Screenshot of my bank account balance in Canada showing 3700 CAD
IT returns of last 2 years
Property valuation report

Of course, I filled the family information form, personal details form too.

Did I miss anything? Please let me know your thoughts on the same.

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
My visa got rejected under same section but I got it after ,my mistake was I didn't provide my wife college enrollment letter to them and they rejected my application under section 205 c 2 and I think u also didn't provided the same , ask your agent .

Jan 28, 2020
Hi
As much as I can see you really rushed in applying your visa ,you should have waited atleast for a month before applying you really have a doubt in immigration officer mind that you only looking for ways to enter in Canada ,
There are many reasons that lying in this section
1. Officer don't believe that you will not leave canada after your visa expired.
2. Genuinity of your marriage .
3. Lacks of decouments.
I guess I should have waited for sometime before i applied for my visa. Actually I filed the application on my own and paid the price for it. My overconfidence jeopardised the whole process. As you pointed out, it may have something to do with lack of documents, but what documents?

Jan 28, 2020
My visa got rejected under same section but I got it after ,my mistake was I didn't provide my wife college enrollment letter to them and they rejected my application under section 205 c 2 and I think u also didn't provided the same , ask your agent .
Yes, I didn’t provide my wife’s college enrolment letter. In fact I received it only after I applied for my visa. By the way, what’s your status? Did you get your permit or you still waiting? Is an invitation letter from my wife required as part of the documentation?

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
I
Yes, I didn’t provide my wife’s college enrolment letter. In fact I received it only after I applied for my visa. By the way, what’s your status? Did you get your permit or you still waiting? Is an invitation letter from my wife required as part of the documentation?
Got my visa after one rejection m.living happily in Canada now ,

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Try again withupdated enrollment letter this time n u will surely make it hopefully

Nov 26, 2019
my friend doing job full time in noc b in Ontario and she did applied for Open work Permit for spouse, they gave ground of refusal of didn't meet the requiremnts of SOWP under section 205(c)(ii) of the regulations., what does that mean,,plz help.. thanks in advance,,

satpal1261

Jan 25, 2020
I got the same reason for my spouse yesterday. I am very upset because application was strong enough to accept an approval. My lawyer is upset too. She told me to visit the MP to get detailed summary of refusal as it is speedy process doing from MP. They have given me the time of 3 days to provide me information. My lawyer is saying that she will submit the application again because 205 (c) 2 is inappropriate section related to my application refusal. But now after seeing your post, i am worrying cause you get refusal in second attempt also
Hello Gagandeep bro
I faced same reason 205 (c) 2
Please tell me, should my wife visit to MP office? Or apply ATIP notes

Pranav10

Feb 2, 2020
Hi Everybody, I am working in Toronto under NOC code 2281 that falls under category B. I have applied for spousal work permit and rejected both times with common reason saying “Your job doesn’t fall under NOC 0,A or B”. Second time I applied I have shown more details about my job. My duties and responsibilities are matching 80% to the job mentioned in Statistics Canada. It was section 205(c)(ii) again. I have ordered GCMS notes now. Anyone willing to help me ? Really confusing!! How to convince them ? No legal source of advice from Immigration department except lawyers. So poor system !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everybody, I am working in Toronto under NOC code 2281 that falls under category B. I have applied for spousal work permit and rejected both times with common reason saying “Your job doesn’t fall under NOC 0,A or B”. Second time I applied I have shown more details about my job. My duties and responsibilities are matching 80% to the job mentioned in Statistics Canada. It was section 205(c)(ii) again. I have ordered GCMS notes now. Anyone willing to help me ? Really confusing!! How to convince them ? No legal source of advice from Immigration department except lawyers. So poor system !
What supporting evidence did you provide for your job?